Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XIV: where bad memes come to die watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    But Holst's the Planets are amazing!! Jupiter and Mars are my favourites :o: but listening the whole thing can be really inspiring.....

Must be some piece of music :p: ....
    Don't have to tell me that. I went to one of the BBC proms in London just to hear the Planets Suite live. It was incredible. I think Einaudi was better as a live show, but you can't really beat a full orchestra. Einaudi was more intimate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsakuraMinamiFan)
    The keyword in a previous post is relative. I thought of classical given the initial post.
    ah makes sense :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Don't have to tell me that. I went to one of the BBC proms in London just to hear the Planets Suite live. It was incredible. I think Einaudi was better as a live show, but you can't really beat a full orchestra. Einaudi was more intimate.
    I saw that on tv...it was amazing, wish I'd been there :p: lucky Coo...I remember you mentioning Einaudi before and I wasn't familiar with his works...just looked some up (although of course a few seconds on the internet can never get anywhere near to the intimacy and quality of a live performance) and it's very beautiful...but the the planet's will always be my favourites I think...there's something really special about them Coo has an awesome taste in music :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    I saw that on tv...it was amazing, wish I'd been there :p: lucky Coo...I remember you mentioning Einaudi before and I wasn't familiar with his works...just looked some up (although of course a few seconds on the internet can never get anywhere near to the intimacy and quality of a live performance) and it's very beautiful...but the the planet's will always be my favourites I think...there's something really special about them Coo has an awesome taste in music :yes:
    I do indeed. Hmm... If you like that kind of music, I recommend Smetana's 'Ma Vlast' series, particularly Vltalva.

ReputationRep:
    :cute:

The planets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Oh yeah. Second I heard this one, Jupiter was blown out of the water.

here. listen to all of it, though. Right to the end.
    It's okay. I prefer Holst if truth be told. :tongue:

Did something mention Ludovico? :drool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I do indeed. Hmm... If you like that kind of music, I recommend Smetana's 'Ma Vlast' series, particularly Vltalva.
    Wow! Sometimes music is so much better than movies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Wow! Sometimes music is so much better than movies...
    You like, then? :cute:

Kag, I went to see him live last week! His Nighbook tour- it was astounding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    I made the same mistake....sending the link to my very strictly Christian friend....it was a bad time to forget a hyphen....
    haha :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    haha :mmm:
    Eugie-kun:hump2:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cooro)

Definitely...Smetana is a real story teller... :yes:
    working my way through some of David Arkenstone's works after your recommendation to Kagu...Below the Ocean was absolutely phenomenal :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)

:shock:

How much was it? :teeth: I always ask that. :tongue:

What did he play? Where was it? How many of his pieces did he play? Was he accompanied by an orchestra? How long was it? Did he look amazing? Did he play amazing? What was he wearing?

:drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Definitely...Smetana is a real story teller... :yes:
    working my way through some of David Arkenstone's works after your recommendation to Kagu...Below the Ocean was absolutely phenomenal :eek:
    Ooh, I'll give you a list of my favourite Arkenstone tracks:
    -Anything from the Atlantis album, where Below the Ocean is from (though that is the best track)
    -The main theme (track 1) from the album Frontier
    -Road to the Faire, The Festival and Dragon's Breath from Celtic Book of Days
    -the Overture from In The Wake Of The Wind
    -Temple of Isis from Myths and Legends

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

from this guys sig http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=229069 :rofl:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Ooh, I'll give you a list of my favourite Arkenstone tracks:
    -Anything from the Atlantis album, where Below the Ocean is from (though that is the best track)
    -The main theme (track 1) from the album Frontier
    -Road to the Faire, The Festival and Dragon's Breath from Celtic Book of Days
    -the Overture from In The Wake Of The Wind
    -Temple of Isis from Myths and Legends

:yep:
    thanks Coo Just finished listening to Dragon's breath...and I liked that one too...so I'll try some more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    :shock:

How much was it? :teeth: I always ask that. :tongue:

What did he play? Where was it? How many of his pieces did he play? Was he accompanied by an orchestra? How long was it? Did he look amazing? Did he play amazing? What was he wearing?

:drool:
    It was £25, at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham. He played pieces from his Nightbook album, about 8 tracks in total, plus a couple of encore tracks. One of the pieces was the piano on it's own, the others were accompanied by two violinists (one who also played guitar on some tracks and the other who did percussion and was AMAZING with a tambourine), a viola player, a cellist and an electronic musician too. It was about 2 and a half hours in total. He looked very amazing, and he wore all black :ninja:

It was INCREDIBLE. It was so dynamic and all the musicians were fab, not just him. At the beginning, the electronics musician was playing something very quiet and ethereal, and there was very little lighting, and there was smoke just kind of floating above the stage, though only a subtle amount, not loads, and the two violinists walked up between the aisles and climbed the stage, all very slowly, while playing, and the cellist and viola player came out from the wings while playing, and they all sat and carried on playing, and then you were so focused on them you didn't even see Einaudi come onstage and sit at the piano until you heard him play. And then... ahhh. It was the best night I've ever had. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Eugie-kun:hump2:
    vin-kuuuun :coma: how you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    vin-kuuuun :coma: how you doing?
    ok but I ve been coughing for a while hows you?:hugs:

another strange gif from a tsr persons sig :wtf:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Just what the hell :indiff:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)

Spoiler:
    Show

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    aw :console:

im good thanks just knackered, been a really long day :tongue:

:hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show

oh yes :hubba: :tongue:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.