Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What a ridiculous line-up. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    Irish/English CM. Bit of an odd choice but with so many CM's on loan I guess he's next. Imagine he'll sit deep and Diaby will play AM. Haven't seen much of Henderson but he seems like a good passer without being particularly amazing in any way.

http://twitter.com/#!/YoungGunsBlog has a few things to say about him.
    Yes, left foot

ReputationRep:
    ^ What Overs said.
    :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)

Is a 4-2-3-1 which looks like a attacking formation but I'm worried about the gap in between the back 4 and denilson/diaby. Diaby will most likely join the forward players, which will leave denilson on his own! and I don't think he will be able to cope it well-since eboue/gibbs will also be in the wings.
    I can understand Wenger resting players for the weekend and maybe has some of those players in the bench but I would rather let them start, get the goals and then get subbed for bendtner/rosicky/denilson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Exactly this. Having a mixture of ****-ups and players who take indifference to a whole new level is just :facepalm2:

Maybe Wenger is trying to "honourably" leave this competition

ReputationRep:
    Subs: Szczesny, Sagna, Nasri, Wilshere, Djourou, Clichy, Arshavin

Imagine we'll play Bendtner on the right and Rosicky on the left =/
    Even with the line- up I would have liked if we took the chance to play Bendtner and Chamakh upfront together. With RVP out, I expect there'll be a time when we'll need to push and play 2 upfront. This was a chance for them to start to build some sort of partnership.

ReputationRep:
    Almunia is the captain.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    Apparently squad to face the O's is:

Almunia; Eboue, Squillaci, Miquel, Gibbs; Diaby, Denilson; Bendtner, Rosicky, Henderson; Chamakh.

Interesting selection, think in part due to injuries.

Team's been confirmed. Chance for Henderson tonight
    Final chance for these players. If they play as **** as they have been then we should revert back to playing the under-21s / academy team in the League Cup and FA Cup early rounds next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Almunia is the captain.
    He should be Orient's captain. It was his superb work that got them this lucrative replay.

ReputationRep:
    If this 2nd team can't beat Orient at home, then I don't think they deserve to be called "Professional footballers playing for Arsenal".

ReputationRep:
    BBC are calling it a 'strongish' line-up.

How do they justify that statement when not one of those players is in the usual first XI?! :lolwut:

4th and 5th-choice CBs, 4th, 6th and 7th-choice CMs and Rosicky playing on the wing!

ReputationRep:
    We are looking at a potential cluster**** tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    If this 2nd team can't beat Orient at home, then I don't think they deserve to be called "Professional footballers playing for Arsenal".
    Agreed. I honestly think our youth team should be our second team instead of this lot.

ReputationRep:
    We will win 3-0!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe Not......

ReputationRep:
    I think Rosicky should be given some slack. He has definitely lost some of his magic (potential?) but he still has heart, one of the few playing tonight.

ReputationRep:
    1-0. Chamakh.

ReputationRep:
    Lively start. Very good goal for Chamakh :congrats:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Chamakh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    wba totts nufc
    So will you have doubts about us for every single game then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.