Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: I feel your pain - I've spent most of the past year chasing up my ****ty pharmacy who were forever failing to order my meds. Was really upsetting, and I don't think you're at all pathetic for feeling bad about it. :nah:
    Managed to get it sorted (took an early lunch) but now faced with a 4 hour afternoon (normally only 2/3 cos I have a late lunch) and not sure my poor head can cope. :emo:

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    I'll see how it goes, don't think Iv had a letter through about my first appointment yet. But I don't think it will happen, due to personal circumstances changing... Who knows.

Also drs surgeries are annoying! How the hell can they lose the form? Could you ask if you can do it over the phone?

If not could you ask for an hour off in the morning to pop to the drs and fill it in then, then go to work??
    Hopefully it gets sorted :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're moving area or something that could **** it up, generally personal circumstances affect medical care if you are moving location to a new NHS borough, sometimes just if you're changing GP. Not sure what your personal circumstances are, but anything other than that shouldn't be a problem. If you're moving, if you are severely ill and need rapid treatment your GP can generally write ahead to your new location and get stuff in place for you there, so it's probably worth asking about that (depends on your diagnosis and circumstances, though).

Managed to take an early lunch and get it sorted. So tiiiired. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry bit of a moan:

I know facebook friends are not friends. I know I actually have no friends but the last people heard from me I was bound for A&E on friday night and not a single people has checked I'm ok despite not being online etc. I hate that people just don't care. I swing from "whatever, they just don't think cause you're not part of their life" to getting horridly upset cause I just don't understand why noone cares cause I used to be their friend.

I really think I must be set up differently form others. I care that people are ok. I am interested in what others are doing. But noone is ever interested in me. One minute someone is acting like my best friend and then they disappear :/. Its really bad right now cause I was in a relationship with someone who was head over heels in love with me, wanted to marry me and then once I had changed everything in my life for him. He changed his mind. He got over me. I just don't understand how people can change so suddenly.

I just get so confused how people work, it makes me doubt everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Managed to get it sorted (took an early lunch) but now faced with a 4 hour afternoon (normally only 2/3 cos I have a late lunch) and not sure my poor head can cope. :emo:

If you're moving area or something that could **** it up, generally personal circumstances affect medical care if you are moving location to a new NHS borough, sometimes just if you're changing GP. Not sure what your personal circumstances are, but anything other than that shouldn't be a problem. If you're moving, if you are severely ill and need rapid treatment your GP can generally write ahead to your new location and get stuff in place for you there, so it's probably worth asking about that (depends on your diagnosis and circumstances, though).

Managed to take an early lunch and get it sorted. So tiiiired. :sad:
    Glad you've got it sorted, but longer afternoons deffinately aren't cool!
    Hope it's not too bad!

Yeah I'm moving area in a month or two, which is gonna put a spanner in the works.
    only got moderate depression so doubt they'll do anything, already been doing it on my own for 7 months, no biggie

Hopefully you can get a nap when you finish work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling so much trying to deal with everything that's going on.. I just feel like I'm so so alone and don't have anyone to turn to.. That's probably my own fault though cause I made sure that no one got close to me and look where that's gotten me.. I just had to push people away when they wanted to help.. And now I'm even worse off

Contemplating doing things which aren't good at all but the thing is I have no other choice.. I just need to leave from this house..

I can't even write down how I'm feeling cause I can't get the words out... Just argh....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)
    I'm struggling so much trying to deal with everything that's going on.. I just feel like I'm so so alone and don't have anyone to turn to.. That's probably my own fault though cause I made sure that no one got close to me and look where that's gotten me.. I just had to push people away when they wanted to help.. And now I'm even worse off

Contemplating doing things which aren't good at all but the thing is I have no other choice.. I just need to leave from this house..

I can't even write down how I'm feeling cause I can't get the words out... Just argh....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It helps me sometimes to just talk to myself, just vocalise it all. Sometimes that can help you to write things down as well.

If you have pushed people away in the past, just make sure you don't in the future :hugs: is it GI Joe that says knowing is half the battle? it may be hard/scary but do try to be open to people when you can, I've found it helps a lot in the long run.

You're never truly alone, there's always us guys here, even if your family and friends won't help :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadpanda123)
    Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while because I've been working a lot and been away for a few days.

I've had another disappointment this morning and I've lost the little hope I had for the future.

I've not caught up with the thread because I've missed so much but hope you guys have been okay
    Hey.

Don't despair - something'll show up for you. I know it's hard to think that, but chances are it will get better. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zonkfrog)
    Sorry bit of a moan:

I know facebook friends are not friends. I know I actually have no friends but the last people heard from me I was bound for A&E on friday night and not a single people has checked I'm ok despite not being online etc. I hate that people just don't care. I swing from "whatever, they just don't think cause you're not part of their life" to getting horridly upset cause I just don't understand why noone cares cause I used to be their friend.

I really think I must be set up differently form others. I care that people are ok. I am interested in what others are doing. But noone is ever interested in me. One minute someone is acting like my best friend and then they disappear :/. Its really bad right now cause I was in a relationship with someone who was head over heels in love with me, wanted to marry me and then once I had changed everything in my life for him. He changed his mind. He got over me. I just don't understand how people can change so suddenly.

I just get so confused how people work, it makes me doubt everything
    People sure are confusing, hell i don't even understand myself, and i only started getting on with my dad when i was 20.

People can change a lot, its just something you have to get used to. I have a bunch of mates i don't talk to anymore because they have moved away, are busy, have a gf etc. You just have to move on yourself, change may not be enjoyable but its just something we all have to deal with.

Its very easy to shut yourself away, think that you are alone and no one cares about you, but in reality its because you are not outside meeting people face to face. Depression has a way of isolating you from others and making you self destructive, but its not your fault, and you have to fight it.

Sorry if it feels like im making assumptions about you but im just trying to be helpful :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Struggling to even tidy the house today, it's making me anxious and wobbly for some reason. I can really be pathetic at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    It helps me sometimes to just talk to myself, just vocalise it all. Sometimes that can help you to write things down as well.

If you have pushed people away in the past, just make sure you don't in the future :hugs: is it GI Joe that says knowing is half the battle? it may be hard/scary but do try to be open to people when you can, I've found it helps a lot in the long run.

You're never truly alone, there's always us guys here, even if your family and friends won't help :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meh I just can't convey how I'm feeling in words cause I don't even know myself how I'm feeling I'm just so lost!

I always push people away and then there gets a point where the person just gives up trying to help and leaves and I'm at that point now where I have no one at all to talk to.. No one to turn to for help or advice.. Things are just going so downhill :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)
    Meh I just can't convey how I'm feeling in words cause I don't even know myself how I'm feeling I'm just so lost!

I always push people away and then there gets a point where the person just gives up trying to help and leaves and I'm at that point now where I have no one at all to talk to.. No one to turn to for help or advice.. Things are just going so downhill :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have u tried therapy/counselling? I found they often help you to understand yourself, and how to fix yourself. Medication can help but i personally feel they don't do enough on their own.

I know some people aren't keen on nightline and samaritans, but they are there for a reason. Have u thought about ringing up one of them?

My inbox is also open if you're really feeling rough :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People sure are confusing, hell i don't even understand myself, and i only started getting on with my dad when i was 20.

People can change a lot, its just something you have to get used to. I have a bunch of mates i don't talk to anymore because they have moved away, are busy, have a gf etc. You just have to move on yourself, change may not be enjoyable but its just something we all have to deal with.

Its very easy to shut yourself away, think that you are alone and no one cares about you, but in reality its because you are not outside meeting people face to face. Depression has a way of isolating you from others and making you self destructive, but its not your fault, and you have to fight it.

Sorry if it feels like im making assumptions about you but im just trying to be helpful :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The problem is I'm not shutting myself away. I spent months harrassing anyone that I even vaguely knew to go for drinks, to the cinema, lunch etc. I ended up even offering to take people out so effectively paying them and they either just ignored calls/texts/msg or said 'no i'm good'.

I've been forced into isolation and then of course that fuels depression.

My plan was to book a hostel somewhere and pretend im travelling cause people are chatty and happy to hang out in youth hostels or just go out to a bar myself and pretend friends have cancelled and ask if a group dont mind if I hang out. I know these are really pathetic but I just need some kind of real life interactions :/

ReputationRep:
    Have u tried therapy/counselling? I found they often help you to understand yourself, and how to fix yourself. Medication can help but i personally feel they don't do enough on their own.

I know some people aren't keen on nightline and samaritans, but they are there for a reason. Have u thought about ringing up one of them?

My inbox is also open if you're really feeling rough :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. Been offered it so many times, tried a few sessions with a psych.. but I just gave up. Been offered it so many times but I always refuse. But that could all change in the next few days, when my wishes aren't taken into account anymore :hide:

I just don't know where to start honest! There's so much to deal with.. and it's gotten to a point where me personally, I don't even know what to deal with first

Thanks.. may take you up on that offer tonight.. just got bad things in my mind right now...

ReputationRep:
    So been to the drs here, and she's given me enough meds to get me through till I get back home, so don't have to go all discontination on my ass which is good.

Had a shock though that the Asia delivery got declined so me and my boyfriend are at home for 10 days with no food
    Gahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more. In my previous school I felt that my needs were undermined by the fact teachers thought I was your 'typical hysterical teenage girl'. I think that it's this stigma that is so toxic in our schools today. I felt that I had to constantly prove the fact I had Bipolar (II) to every new teacher which was more than humiliating. I felt this only exacerbated the problem and which I think lead to my falling grades.

Glad to say I have now left this school!

Has anybody else had any similar experiences?
    When I was at school I was very shy and scared,weak and many kids bullied me.The bullying continued for many years until high school.

Back then i was scared and I couldn;t protect myself.I didn;t like fighting and hurting others.

When I finished high school I was very happy about it and I hate school for all my suffering back then.

Then I entered uni and I started heavy training by top trainers and became a very competent Muay Thai Fighter having attended also Streetfighting classes and kenpo.They even asked me to play in 2 martial arts films.My knees and shids became so strong that I can break with my leg a baseball bat,bricks and more.

When I entered the Manchester Business School I got the sports bursary in the first year because I fought until then and I got really good place at international competition Muay Thai fights.

I don't want revenge against those that hurt me.But I met two of the bullies a few years ago and they still tried to bully me.I slapped the one and he attacked me full of anger to hurt me.I broke his leg with just 2 kicks and I also broke his jaw.The second one saw me with a girl who was my girlfriend and thought I am still the weak kid and he abused her to hurt me.I ma sure the dentist had a lot of work to do..3 broken teeth and I broke the bone close to the heart.

But hell I hate fighting..

I want to say that bullying is a very serious problem at schools.It should be criminalised and there should be laws against it.Parents send their children at school to get education.Not psychological problems that will follow them permanently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkovots)
    When I was at school I was very shy and scared,weak and many kids bullied me.The bullying continued for many years until high school.

Back then i was scared and I couldn;t protect myself.I didn;t like fighting and hurting others.

When I finished high school I was very happy about it and I hate school for all my suffering back then.

Then I entered uni and I started heavy training by top trainers and became a very competent Muay Thai Fighter having attended also Streetfighting classes and kenpo.They even asked me to play in 2 martial arts films.My knees and shids became so strong that I can break with my leg a baseball bat,bricks and more.

When I entered the Manchester Business School I got the sports bursary in the first year because I fought until then and I got really good place at international competition Muay Thai fights.

I don't want revenge against those that hurt me.But I met two of the bullies a few years ago and they still tried to bully me.I slapped the one and he attacked me full of anger to hurt me.I broke his leg with just 2 kicks and I also broke his jaw.The second one saw me with a girl who was my girlfriend and thought I am still the weak kid and he abused her to hurt me.I ma sure the dentist had a lot of work to do..3 broken teeth and I broke the bone close to the heart.

But hell I hate fighting..

I want to say that bullying is a very serious problem at schools.It should be criminalised and there should be laws against it.Parents send their children at school to get education.Not psychological problems that will follow them permanently
    Sorry for what you went through, but I disagree with what you say about bullying being criminalised. Children can be horribly cruel, and should be dealt with seriously when they do something like bullying, but they're still children rather than 'criminals', and I think treating them in such a way will only make matters worse.

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** can't I have some ****ing peace and ****ing quiet? It's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Why the **** can't I have some ****ing peace and ****ing quiet? It's not fair.
    :hugs: Am on skype if you wanna talk.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    Its half 8 and I'm already tired. I'm volunteering at summer camp and the teenagers are all still running around and I'm lying on my bed trying to not fall asleep. I can't even lock my door to nap because we don't have room keys. Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bad poncho. Stupid poncho.
    :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: You're not wasting anybody's time, people are glad to help you! By the way, if you're wanting to go to Edinburgh or nearby by any chance, that's were I'm from and I'll be going back to visit at some point this year - you could come with me for at least part of the way? And then I'd get to meet you and squish you with many hugs!

I would advise against either plan, as the world is very much in need of Sultanas. :sadnod:

:console: Scaring yourself over health stuff is never fun. If you're still worried tomorrow then yes, I'd speak to the doctor about it, and the chances are pretty damn high that they'll be able to reassure you.
    My friend said to say that sounds like a lovely idea if you really mean it, and lots more practical than him coming all the way from Australia to come with me. But then he thinks its a good idea to stay alive and thinks plans to go will keep me alive. He doesnt really understand that being alive isn't bearable. I wish I could talk to someone who does. I dunno. I want to go, but only so I can then be not alive afterwards so I'm not sure I have the healthiest of reasons, but it would definitely be better to go first cos then it will all fit and be right.

Also I'd like to point out you can buy a whole pack with hundreds of sultanas at any supermarket so don't worry about that. They're way tastier than human sultana as well.

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

Really sorry to hear things are so rough for you hun. Glad talking to that priest was a bit cathartic at least? :hugs: I've got a priest I wail at every few months. I find it very handy

Yeah it was a bit weird really. I think cos he didn't once say something like you will get better or you can get through it which was nice and refreshing cos it just feels like people aren't listening/understanding at all when they say that. He said I should go back cos sometimes people find religion helpful when they've lost someone/when having rough time.

Sorry you're not so good, but hope your trip helps. Mind you watch out for them scary Northerners though! :afraid:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.