The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juichiro
Yes. But I would suggest you improve your interview skills, subject knowledge, etc.

Oh, of course! I hope I can get feedback as that would be a way of seeing where improvement is most needed.
Original post by StandardUsername
Oh, of course! I hope I can get feedback as that would be a way of seeing where improvement is most needed.

I don't think you can apply again in apply 2 once you have been rejected.
Original post by kpwxx
Remember as well that for your placements you might be much closer (in fact it might mean you're more likely to be near home for placement since less people will live near you). So for quite a lot of the year the commute to Derby won't actually be relevant. Based on what you've said I'd definitely follow your heart but that's just me! I think having a supportive provider who you feel suits you is really really important!

xxx

That's a good point that I didn't think of. Thanks. :-)

Original post by ST10
Go with your heart. I think with uni's (and life in general actually!) you just 'know' which is the right choice, and by the sounds of it you really liked Derby.

Yeah I think you're right. Even when I have had Trent in my head I have been trying to find more reasons for Derby!
Original post by Amy Williams
I don't think you can apply again in apply 2 once you have been rejected.

Oh course you can. What else would apply 2 be for?
Original post by Airfairy

Oh I didn't realise you could apply to the same uni in apply 2 after being rejected from that uni in apply 1. I assumed it had to be different unis.
Original post by womanonamission
People at my interview wore that. Everyone was smart casual and not suited and booted x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh thanks for that was worried i would be the odd one out! x
Reply 5226
Original post by embo39
I've just checked track and one of my choices has changed to 'course closed' - does this mean I have been rejected? I haven't had an email from ucas or anything so I don't know what it means, does this mean that my application was not considered? I find the whole system frustrating and feel that applications are being considered on timing rather than merit! I got my application in by late December which was no fault of my own as my referees weren't quick off the mark despite my polite persisting! Is anyone else feeling let down by the ucas system, I am beginning to think that I won't be on a course for next year, all I want to do is teach! :frown: Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi this happened to me too. I rang up the uni and they said they had no idea why it appeared as course closed on track as it was still open for applications. They told me over the phone that I had been unsuccessful which wasn't the most pleasant of experiences! Hope this isn't the case for you!
Reply 5227
Original post by Kirsty3012
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone is still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh or Strathclyde for secondary PGDE? I'm waiting to hear from both of them still, it's stressing me out!

Hey Kirsty,

Just to let you know that I have my interview with Strathclyde this Wednesday (29th) for PGDE: Business Education so they might be waiting until our day, if it's the last group, has completed.

They might then start to fire out the offers :smile:
Reply 5228

You are completely correct that you can apply for the same uni again in apply 2, however I don't think not being able to would be a completely unreasonable thought to have. Apply 2 certainly isn't FOR applying to the same unis - it's for applying to other places since you were unsuccessful in your first ones.

Original post by StandardUsername

It's worth really considering whether that's the place you definitely want to go. If the uni rejected you from application then you can't change that, so it shouldn't make a difference now. If it was from interview chances are they decided that you aren't ready yet. I doubt they will think that one month later you have somehow changed a lot. One year is a much more reasonable amount and I imagine that, other than possibly people who have issues leading them to not be able to respond and having application withdrawn, there aren't many if any who re-apply and get an interview, let alone a place. But if it's where you want to go for definite and would just try again next year there's no harm in giving it a go!

xxx
Original post by sianavfc
What uni?
Worcs
Interviews seeming very close now, a week today and a week on Wednesday. :smile: I think I have my presentation sorted for Sunderland, but just a bit nervous at how I should pitch it! I'm conscious that I will be presenting to adults so I can't be too patronising, but the topic I've chosen is very child-oriented and I am interviewing for Primary. Anyone have any advice on this? I'm on placement tomorrow so I'll talk to the teachers there too, but just looking for whatever advice I can get. :smile:
Reply 5231
Original post by embo39
I've just checked track and one of my choices has changed to 'course closed' - does this mean I have been rejected? I haven't had an email from ucas or anything so I don't know what it means, does this mean that my application was not considered? I find the whole system frustrating and feel that applications are being considered on timing rather than merit! I got my application in by late December which was no fault of my own as my referees weren't quick off the mark despite my polite persisting! Is anyone else feeling let down by the ucas system, I am beginning to think that I won't be on a course for next year, all I want to do is teach! :frown: Has anyone else experienced this?

I`ve also found it quite frustrating. I also missed one of the deadlines due to a reference. And why can we only apply to 3? I was still waiting for one provider to get back to me when other options were opening up! Looking at Apply 2 it seems only 1 place at a time can be applied for. Two providers I`m interested in both open on the same day in February!
Original post by Amy Williams
Oh I didn't realise you could apply to the same uni in apply 2 after being rejected from that uni in apply 1. I assumed it had to be different unis.

Original post by kpwxx
You are completely correct that you can apply for the same uni again in apply 2, however I don't think not being able to would be a completely unreasonable thought to have. Apply 2 certainly isn't FOR applying to the same unis - it's for applying to other places since you were unsuccessful in your first ones.

It's worth really considering whether that's the place you definitely want to go. If the uni rejected you from application then you can't change that, so it shouldn't make a difference now. If it was from interview chances are they decided that you aren't ready yet. I doubt they will think that one month later you have somehow changed a lot. One year is a much more reasonable amount and I imagine that, other than possibly people who have issues leading them to not be able to respond and having application withdrawn, there aren't many if any who re-apply and get an interview, let alone a place. But if it's where you want to go for definite and would just try again next year there's no harm in giving it a go!

xxx

Sorry, my mistake. I read the post as if you were saying that you can't reapply to anything in apply 2 at all, not just the same one:colondollar:. Yeah I'd agree there would be little point applying to the same uni even if you can.
Reply 5233
Sorry,. I read the post as if you were saying that you can't reapply to anything in apply 2 at all, not just the same one:colondollar:. Yeah I'd agree there would be little point applying to the same uni even if you can.

It can also make a difference if you're applying in wales and fail the tests that you have to do on the interview day. For example I know people who have failed the numeracy due to lack of preparation/nerves and have reapplied as they feel they could pass it the next time. :smile:
Original post by bobamam
I`ve also found it quite frustrating. I also missed one of the deadlines due to a reference. And why can we only apply to 3? I was still waiting for one provider to get back to me when other options were opening up! Looking at Apply 2 it seems only 1 place at a time can be applied for. Two providers I`m interested in both open on the same day in February!

The system for applying used to be one at a time, so count yourself lucky that this year you can apply to three. If you were applying to a competitive subject last year then you pretty much got one chance, two if you were lucky.
Original post by Ruby1309
Hey :smile: I'm new to this, just a quick question really, I've been accepted onto a school direct course, and have just started applying for student finance. The application asks which college/university you will be studying and the ucas code/name of the course you will be studying. Am I right to assume that I should put the university that is accrediting the school direct placement? Any help is much appreciated :smile:

Yep that's correct.
Original post by Grant23
Hey Kirsty,

Just to let you know that I have my interview with Strathclyde this Wednesday (29th) for PGDE: Business Education so they might be waiting until our day, if it's the last group, has completed.

They might then start to fire out the offers :smile:

Oh good! I didn't manage to send my application until the 10th of January (nightmare referees) so I'm still waiting to even hear if I have an interview or not. Good luck with yours, hopefully will hear soon.
I've applied to Loughborough, Edge hill and Strathclyde to do a Secondary pgce in Physical Education. Just wondering if anybody is doing the same and heard anything back yet as I'm getting a bit worried.
Thanks
Danny

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx

xxx

It is really where I want to go. It's the uni I studied at during my undergrad and I now live there too. Until I get feedback I won't know for sure why I got rejected after the interview but all I know is I was super nervous which did not help at all. I found it slightly odd that there was only one person interviewing us since I imagined there would be two or three. I'd have thought that having a single interviewer would mean any bias they had might not be kept in check.
Original post by PengYn
Does anyone know if Kingston University has done any Primary interviews yet? I know they've done some secondary and MFL. They're the only choice I haven't heard from yet. I had a school direct interview, got to the final short-listing but was unsuccessful in placing. But Goldsmiths has offered me a place. Kingston, however is closer to home and ideal. They have until Feb 7th to decide but I thought it strange that I haven't seen too many people talking about Kingston interviews.

My boyfriend just found out he's got a primary interview at Kingston on the 11th so looks like they're still looking!

Latest

Trending

Trending