Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby1309)
    Hey I'm new to this, just a quick question really, I've been accepted onto a school direct course, and have just started applying for student finance. The application asks which college/university you will be studying and the ucas code/name of the course you will be studying. Am I right to assume that I should put the university that is accrediting the school direct placement? Any help is much appreciated
    Hey, I think your right!! You could phone student finance to check - they are usually happy to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So... I didn't get an offer at my first choice and for various life reasons it would be less than ideal to move away to another university. Can I apply to my first choice again in apply 2, does anyone know? I'm absolutely crushed. Really don't know what to do. I presume they send you a letter as well, will that have feedback on it? Or will I have to phone the uni? If there's no way of getting feedback I'm going to be livid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    Is a smart dress with leggings ok to wear to interview? I don't like wearing tights but worried leggings are too informal/casual? Advice appreciated! xx
    People at my interview wore that. Everyone was smart casual and not suited and booted x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked track and one of my choices has changed to 'course closed' - does this mean I have been rejected? I haven't had an email from ucas or anything so I don't know what it means, does this mean that my application was not considered? I find the whole system frustrating and feel that applications are being considered on timing rather than merit! I got my application in by late December which was no fault of my own as my referees weren't quick off the mark despite my polite persisting! Is anyone else feeling let down by the ucas system, I am beginning to think that I won't be on a course for next year, all I want to do is teach! Has anyone else experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Hi! The interview was really chilled out and pretty enjoyable actually, nothing to worry about at all. It fits the schedule they send to you and the interview group is quite small (it was for us anyway). Make sure you are confident and have all your research prepared and you should be fine. Good luck!
    Aww ok thank you! Im nervous, but Im hoping it will go better than my last one, ive not heard back from that uni yet, but i was freaking out because it was my first interview, hopefully i can prepare better for this one i hope the maths isnt too bad haha not my best subject!! Did u get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjkp)
    Aww ok thank you! Im nervous, but Im hoping it will go better than my last one, ive not heard back from that uni yet, but i was freaking out because it was my first interview, hopefully i can prepare better for this one i hope the maths isnt too bad haha not my best subject!! Did u get an offer?
    I did yes. Choosing between there and Derby now. Leaning towards Derby as that was my first choice, but the interview at Trent was quite enjoyable and the staff were lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between my head and my heart. Do I choose a uni that I love and has been my number one since I started looking, despite a longer commute (Derby), or a uni that is closer but I didn't like quite as much (Trent)? I am leaning towards my heart but not entirely sure what would be the right decision!
    Remember as well that for your placements you might be much closer (in fact it might mean you're more likely to be near home for placement since less people will live near you). So for quite a lot of the year the commute to Derby won't actually be relevant. Based on what you've said I'd definitely follow your heart but that's just me! I think having a supportive provider who you feel suits you is really really important!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I had my final interview at Greenwich today for primary. For anyone who has had an interview at Greenwich too, how long did they take to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between my head and my heart. Do I choose a uni that I love and has been my number one since I started looking, despite a longer commute (Derby), or a uni that is closer but I didn't like quite as much (Trent)? I am leaning towards my heart but not entirely sure what would be the right decision!
    Go with your heart. I think with uni's (and life in general actually!) you just 'know' which is the right choice, and by the sounds of it you really liked Derby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StandardUsername)
    So... I didn't get an offer at my first choice and for various life reasons it would be less than ideal to move away to another university. Can I apply to my first choice again in apply 2, does anyone know? I'm absolutely crushed. Really don't know what to do. I presume they send you a letter as well, will that have feedback on it? Or will I have to phone the uni? If there's no way of getting feedback I'm going to be livid.
    Yes. But I would suggest you improve your interview skills, subject knowledge, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Yes. But I would suggest you improve your interview skills, subject knowledge, etc.
    Oh, of course! I hope I can get feedback as that would be a way of seeing where improvement is most needed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, of course! I hope I can get feedback as that would be a way of seeing where improvement is most needed.
    I don't think you can apply again in apply 2 once you have been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Remember as well that for your placements you might be much closer (in fact it might mean you're more likely to be near home for placement since less people will live near you). So for quite a lot of the year the commute to Derby won't actually be relevant. Based on what you've said I'd definitely follow your heart but that's just me! I think having a supportive provider who you feel suits you is really really important!

xxx
    That's a good point that I didn't think of. Thanks. :-)

(Original post by ST10)
    Go with your heart. I think with uni's (and life in general actually!) you just 'know' which is the right choice, and by the sounds of it you really liked Derby.
    Yeah I think you're right. Even when I have had Trent in my head I have been trying to find more reasons for Derby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    I don't think you can apply again in apply 2 once you have been rejected.
    Oh course you can. What else would apply 2 be for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Oh I didn't realise you could apply to the same uni in apply 2 after being rejected from that uni in apply 1. I assumed it had to be different unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    People at my interview wore that. Everyone was smart casual and not suited and booted x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh thanks for that was worried i would be the odd one out! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embo39)
    I've just checked track and one of my choices has changed to 'course closed' - does this mean I have been rejected? I haven't had an email from ucas or anything so I don't know what it means, does this mean that my application was not considered? I find the whole system frustrating and feel that applications are being considered on timing rather than merit! I got my application in by late December which was no fault of my own as my referees weren't quick off the mark despite my polite persisting! Is anyone else feeling let down by the ucas system, I am beginning to think that I won't be on a course for next year, all I want to do is teach! Has anyone else experienced this?
    Hi this happened to me too. I rang up the uni and they said they had no idea why it appeared as course closed on track as it was still open for applications. They told me over the phone that I had been unsuccessful which wasn't the most pleasant of experiences! Hope this isn't the case for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsty3012)
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone is still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh or Strathclyde for secondary PGDE? I'm waiting to hear from both of them still, it's stressing me out!
    Hey Kirsty,

Just to let you know that I have my interview with Strathclyde this Wednesday (29th) for PGDE: Business Education so they might be waiting until our day, if it's the last group, has completed.

They might then start to fire out the offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    You are completely correct that you can apply for the same uni again in apply 2, however I don't think not being able to would be a completely unreasonable thought to have. Apply 2 certainly isn't FOR applying to the same unis - it's for applying to other places since you were unsuccessful in your first ones.

It's worth really considering whether that's the place you definitely want to go. If the uni rejected you from application then you can't change that, so it shouldn't make a difference now. If it was from interview chances are they decided that you aren't ready yet. I doubt they will think that one month later you have somehow changed a lot. One year is a much more reasonable amount and I imagine that, other than possibly people who have issues leading them to not be able to respond and having application withdrawn, there aren't many if any who re-apply and get an interview, let alone a place. But if it's where you want to go for definite and would just try again next year there's no harm in giving it a go!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianavfc)
    What uni?
    Worcs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.