Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Shut up about this Kolo Toure performance. They played a deep back line against a side who weren't even out of 2nd gear.

Didn't he **** up for the goal anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stroodledum)
    Doesn't matter, he will get injured again soon enough. Liverpool played well last night, but no matter how well we played, Madrid would have beaten us if they had to.
    Exactly.
    Madrid had so many chances and their finishing was terrible.
    We only lost 1-0 but on another day it could've been 8-0.

However the fact is that our B team only lost by a single goal away to the European champions.
    I was hoping that a beating wouldn't destroy our morale, but that result certainly won't hurt us psychologically.

What I'm worried about though is our first team performances.
    We'll be playing a full strength side against Chelsea but that side has given us some of the worst performances we've seen for years.
    I'd definitely take a draw.

ReputationRep:
    first team performances aren't the problem. I'm telling you Balotelli is the problem. Rodgers relies on a hard working team, keeping possession and getting the ball back as soon as possible when you lose it, hard work starts from the front men.

Balotelli offers absolutely fek all, moans at other players and hardly runs. I'm 100% convinced that if Balotelli starts we will lose. If he doesn't, we have a chance.

No idea why Rodgers continues to have faith.

ReputationRep:
    If he starts Balotelli upfront alone, then we have no chance of getting something from the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Shut up about this Kolo Toure performance. They played a deep back line against a side who weren't even out of 2nd gear.

Didn't he **** up for the goal anyway?
    No Manquilo messed up for the goal in trying to close down when Marcelo was in space.

If Toure touched that ball only thing he'd have changed would have been the goalscorer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Kolo lost Benzema for the goal.

ReputationRep:
    Toure was your best defender, arguably Moreno.
    Considering he hasn't played as much this season he did pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    Its criminal how you guys decided to splash out 20m on Lovren when you had Kolo LOL

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps Mourinho should've played his first team last night..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    But the initial problem was Manquillo allowing Marcelo that time and space second that happens then your defence is going to get exposed if Benzema went far post or near due to Marcelos crossing ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I also thought this but what do I know, Jam is the master of the TSR Footballing Community.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Seems like something United would do, *cough Leicester
    The things I would do just to see that happen to United again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    If he starts Balotelli upfront alone, then we have no chance of getting something from the game.
    The sad thing is that I can't put it past him.
    I can only see Balotelli starting on Saturday since BR didn't use him at all against Madrid.

All we can hope is that he decides to tweak the formation and play a front two, which I doubt he will... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    The things I would do just to see that happen to United again!
    Be careful what you say. It could happen to you

ReputationRep:
    Feel sorry for poor, old Lambert.

ReputationRep:
    Feel sorry for poor, old Lambert.
    He knew what he was signing up for.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    The sad thing is that I can't put it past him.
    I can only see Balotelli starting on Saturday since BR didn't use him at all against Madrid.

All we can hope is that he decides to tweak the formation and play a front two, which I doubt he will... :/
    Don't understand the obsession with playing with 2 up front. You lose more control of the game and expose your defence more. Having two crap strikers isn't going to add value.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Be careful what you say. It could happen to you
    God forbid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Perhaps Mourinho should've played his first team last night..?
    We did but we were underdogs playing against 15 men on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand the obsession with playing with 2 up front. You lose more control of the game and expose your defence more. Having two crap strikers isn't going to add value.
    They end up isolated in double/triple coverage - if you can't move the ball forwards, you can't score goals.

ReputationRep:
    i disagree.

how easy is it for defenders to just makr balotelli out of the game - there's just one of him so it's easy.
    the fact is that if we had another striker, we'd likely be better in the opponents half
    whenever we're attacking we're stopping the opponents from doing so.

hoofing the ball up to balotelli isn't gonna do anything, just means the other team can gain possession and go on another attack.
    it isn't quite as simple as that but it's clear a sole striker up top is not working; why not at least try something different?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.