(Original post by michaela__)
    Good luck!!!😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyouu!

ReputationRep:
    How UKCAT heavy is kings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hutch28)
    Because the competition is so big in medicine, there is no chance of an unconditional (I never heard of anyone getting one, not unless they've got through the interview stage and have already got their A levels) nor would they set an offer of anything lower than AAA, regardless of what you are predicted.

Depending on what unis you are applying to or if you've been predicted an A* they may ask for an A*.

If you're lucky, then some unis may accept you on results day if you got A*AB as it can be seen as the equivalent of AAA but even then they may still reject you.
    Unconditional offer is when you get an offer with achieved grades, though. Most courses at most unis don't give unconditional for grades that have not yet been achieved. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    My UKCAT is tomorrow ahhhhhh
    Good luck! Remember not to panic during the test.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Good luck! Remember not to panic during the test.*
    Thank you!! Ah I'll try :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    what is king's college normal ukcat cut off score. apparently it is around 700.
    I know last year the dentistry cut off was 600, I'm not sure how it differs for medicine though

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants a 50% off discount for ukcat ninja pm me! (i went for the course last month)

Also, it'd be great if someone who's done their ukcat and has time left on medify could lend me their account. Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    what is king's college normal ukcat cut off score. apparently it is around 700.
    I emailed them today and this is what they said:

In 2016, for A100 the minimum UKCAT score shortlisted for interview was 612 but most scores for shortlisted applications were 650+.

Better than what I expected!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    say you are predicted A*A*A* for A level. does that mean when the uni gives you an offer it is lower than usual like AAB or even unconditional.
    Lool hell no ur offer is usually higher than minimum. U never get unconditional for med

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katray)
    I emailed them today and this is what they said:

In 2016, for A100 the minimum UKCAT score shortlisted for interview was 612 but most scores for shortlisted applications were 650+.

Better than what I expected!
    Omg is this for Kings? :O I have a 703 average and i really wanted to apply to kings o.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Try and brush up on that B as medicine is going to contain A LOT of biological concepts. And that score is pretty good but you'll only truly know until you sit the test. Best of luck, my tip would be focus on abstract reasoning, verbal reasoing and your timing in general. Everything should be dandy if your timing is excellent.
    Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    I'm a grad. BSc with first class honours in medical photography and a PGCert in science communication. I just have yet to get a high enough ukcat to get an interview but gone up a decile each time. 7th decile in my final undergrad year, 8th decile last year and 9th this year.
    did u do ukcat everyyear even without applying? i was thinking of doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niraxas)
    Omg is this for Kings? :O I have a 703 average and i really wanted to apply to kings o.o
    Yes it is! I think you stand a good chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranz)
    did u do ukcat everyyear even without applying? i was thinking of doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, I applied 3 cycles running. It just meant I got two sets of pre-interview rejections due to a shabby UKCAT. It costs about £20 to do the UCAS so I figured I might as well, there's always a slim chance that all the high scoring applicants apply elsewhere!

It's like playing the lottery on paper but not buying a ticket. How would you feel if your numbers came up? Is it better to not to do it at all, part with the money for playing properly or live with the knowledge you got the right numbers but didn't get the interviews because you didn't submit the UCAS....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Well if you have such a small chance at the moment, you aren't risking much are you? U surely can only gain something because u will be in the same position now if u do poorly on he bmat anyway.
    Your ukcat isn't teerrrible but it can be a lot better, especially by this years standards and I personally wouldn't say applying to universities with ukcat cut off scores or who weigh it at all is a good idea unless you other grades are amazing and they take them into account too.
    If you take a gap year than that's another whole year of applying and especially seeing as it's now with achieved its tiny bit harder because hardly anyone gets their predictions. Even if u do go through a gap year, you could still do that if u don't do well on the bmat so it's not like u have to rule it out might as well try it and if u don't do well then so be it, you can take a gap year anyway.

Don't let it out u off applying to ukcat universities though, just perhaps don't limit it to near where you are atm and go for the most likely option.

I'm sure u would be good for any uni that has subtest cut off scores too if I vaguely remember ur score
    My grades so far are AAAAA at 5 Highers (Scotland don't do A stars) so I have the relevant academic grades which I'm hoping would make up for my avergagish UKCAT (1850). I know a few people who've gotten into medicine with low/average scores so I'm not going to give up just yet. But you have a point I'm not going to bother with it (bmat) this year but if I have to re-apply I'm going to try it. My predictions for this year are AAA so if work hard and focus on school then everything will go well - if it doesn't I'm just going to accept it and move on. I'm going to apply for Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh and just see what happens. I don't regret anything I'm just going to look forward as that's the hardest bit. Insha'Allah I'll get there - all the best on your application. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Lool hell no ur offer is usually higher than minimum. U never get unconditional for med
    I was at an open day at Glasgow Uni earlier this year and they said approx 3 people in the previous year got unconditionals but I'm assuming these candidates have exceptional experience - like maybe working in important research in another field or perhaps some other prestigous routes - like maybe they're famous or something. Not sure how they got unconditionals but it's probably something amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's a watts app group for 2017 entry medicine applicants? If not we should make one, be good for when interviews come around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    Does anyone know if there's a watts app group for 2017 entry medicine applicants? If not we should make one, be good for when interviews come around
    I wouldn't mind being a part of it. IT all depends on my UKCAT score next week though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    Wouldn't mind it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    My grades so far are AAAAA at 5 Highers (Scotland don't do A stars) so I have the relevant academic grades which I'm hoping would make up for my avergagish UKCAT (1850). I know a few people who've gotten into medicine with low/average scores so I'm not going to give up just yet. But you have a point I'm not going to bother with it (bmat) this year but if I have to re-apply I'm going to try it. My predictions for this year are AAA so if work hard and focus on school then everything will go well - if it doesn't I'm just going to accept it and move on. I'm going to apply for Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh and just see what happens. I don't regret anything I'm just going to look forward as that's the hardest bit. Insha'Allah I'll get there - all the best on your application. x
    Insha'allah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.