Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I.e. business as usual rather being at least as bad as Greece

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i.e. Nothing to do with Greece (again, equities =/= economic health) and ignores what happens in a Remain scenario so it's a preposterously skewed way of arriving at a conclusion that Brexit is a good thing for the FTSE 100.

It's akin to being happy you'll only have a finger chopped off because your neighbour has to have two off his hand. That's in no way a better outcome than not going through the finger chopping in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Started an argument with a **** band member on twitter but I don't have the time to explain democracy to people in bad bands

ReputationRep:
    Gove again not answering a single question. Making sure he says 'take back control' about five times a sentence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Gove again not answering a single question. Making sure he says 'take back control' about five times a sentence.
    By any chance the questions where the honest answers are "heaven's the foggiest?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Started an argument with a **** band member on twitter but I don't have the time to explain democracy to people in bad bands
    Which band?
    Is this about the EU? because there is so little understanding about EU democracy its not like it's even the EU's fault... all the info is easy to find on Google but people think they know everything.
    Which debate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Which band?
    Is this about the EU? because there is so little understanding about EU democracy its not like it's even the EU's fault... all the info is easy to find on Google but people think they know everything.

Which debate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's currently on QT.
    Barely answers a question, just makes an unsubstantiated claim and says 'take back control' about fifteen times a minute.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    He's currently on QT.
    Barely answers a question, just makes an unsubstantiated claim and says 'take back control' about fifteen times a minute.
    Forgot that was on today

Keeps saying that it's a vote of confidence in the UK too...
    And as I've said before Junker is directly elected just as much as Dave is...
    Plus him saying 'no one can name them' well that's bad citizenship not bad EU

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I think he's doing really well - he's treating the voters like adults rather than people to be cowed by threats and he's showing an optimistic case for leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Which band?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dead!, and just about democracy in general, they were saying no one over 60 should vote in the eu referendum and I was saying everyone has a right to vote
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Dead!, and just about democracy in general, they were saying no one over 60 should vote in the eu referendum and I was saying everyone has a right to vote
    I actually kinda agree with them... the over 60's wont have to deal with the long term consequences and are too pessimistic:sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I actually kinda agree with them... the over 60's wont have to deal with the long term consequences and are too pessimistic:sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure one of your bills was about it yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think anyone under 60 should be allowed to vote, they don't know the consequences of the vote they're making whereas the over 60s have had to live inside the EU as well as outside of it and as such are more qualified to make a decision... The under 60s are also too optimistic and naive:sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I think he's doing really well - he's treating the voters like adults rather than people to be cowed by threats and he's showing an optimistic case for leaving.
    He's being polite, unlike farage, but he doesn't even attempt to give substantial answers. He just says 'oh its all going to be wonderful'.

Not to mention the fact he now pretends to care about the NHS.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm sure one of your bills was about it yeah
    My main objection is that the world has changed and those who will go on to shape the world should vote for it.
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I don't think anyone under 60 should be allowed to vote, they don't know the consequences of the vote they're making whereas the over 60s have had to live inside the EU as well as outside of it and as such are more qualified to make a decision... The under 60s are also too optimistic and naive:sadnod:
    :rolleyes:but life outside has changed...

Actually you need to be optimistic to succeed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Forgot that was on today

Keeps saying that it's a vote of confidence in the UK too...
    And as I've said before Junker is directly elected just as much as Dave is...
    Plus him saying 'no one can name them' well that's bad citizenship not bad EU

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He also claimed the EU destroyed his dad's business despite his dad saying today that it did not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    My main objection is that the world has changed and those who will go on to shape the world should vote for it.

:rolleyes:but life outside has changed...

Actually you need to be optimistic to succeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You also need a head on your shoulders, naivety doesn't help with success. Especially when there are people that think the EU can be reformed.

My point is that democracy is for everyone, and even though I wouldn't want to leave the decision up to the Boomers, I think it would be equally as bad to leave it up to the Millennials.

ReputationRep:
    He also claimed the EU destroyed his dad's business despite his dad saying today that it did not.
    You should read the Guardian article, not the headlines, Michael Gove's father was very clear with his comments.

Ernest Gove added in a statement. “Everybody in the north-east knows it was Europe that did such damage to the fish trade. The common fisheries policy was a disaster, not just for Aberdeen, but all of Scotland. There wasn’t any future for my business. It closed as a direct result of Europe."
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Didn't see that.
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    You also need a head on your shoulders, naivety doesn't help with success. Especially when there are people that think the EU can be reformed.

My point is that democracy is for everyone, and even though I wouldn't want to leave the decision up to the Boomers, I think it would be equally as bad to leave it up to the Millennials.
    But again, why should the people who don't get to live in tge future determine it's outcome?

Plus the EU is almost perfect. Just needs to because a proper nation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Didn't see that.

But again, why should the people who don't get to live in tge future determine it's outcome?

Plus the EU is almost perfect. Just needs to because a proper nation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They do live in the future, people die at any any age, some people die before being born. people don't die at the age 61.

ReputationRep:

Aph

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.