Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Because you are having close to your worst season in premier league history and none of those teams actually look like dropping their level (unlike in 14/15 where everyone challenging for top 4 was bad besides one club)
    Well, Liverpool were always going to improve for this year. Chelseas revival is nothing short of miraculous but both Chelsea and Liverpool are clearly benefiting from no Europe. Man City have found a formation to harness their attacking threat but are overreliant on Fernandinho and still haven't sorted out the defence. Spurs I think will struggle, their squad is a bit on the thin side and Kane/Janssen ain't scoring. Arsenal look much improved with Ozil in good form but there dip usually comes around soon.

Out of our defeats, the City game was a credit to Man City who were superb. Liverpool couldn't break us down. Chelsea are red-hot. Watford and Stoke were classic poor performances where you need to take 3 points (everyone has these games) We should have massacred Burnley. The big factor is the big games. We beat Arsenal and we're back in it IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Well, Liverpool were always going to improve for this year. Chelseas revival is nothing short of miraculous but both Chelsea and Liverpool are clearly benefiting from no Europe. Man City have found a formation to harness their attacking threat but are overreliant on Fernandinho and still haven't sorted out the defence. Spurs I think will struggle, their squad is a bit on the thin side and Kane/Janssen ain't scoring. Arsenal look much improved with Ozil in good form but there dip usually comes around soon.

Out of our defeats, the City game was a credit to Man City who were superb. Liverpool couldn't break us down. Chelsea are red-hot. Watford and Stoke were classic poor performances where you need to take 3 points (everyone has these games) We should have massacred Burnley. The big factor is the big games. We beat Arsenal and we're back in it IMO
    Arsenal arent losing top 4 or city. Chelseas revival was just players playing at their normal level. Spurs I expect to struggle but I never expected them to get top 4. Kane will hit form too, he always heats up around this time anyway but its not enough obviously.

Liverpool are probably challenging for the title and seems like Chelsea too. so who out of the 4 clubs are you likely to displace?

Take it this way, you have to beat Arsenal(in a november fixture) to have any chance of top 4. not saying you cant do it but that looks daunting if you lose youre 9 points off...

With the way both teams are playing you'd expect arsenal to steamroll you anyway(although it's old trafford which is their standard bogey ground)

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal arent losing top 4 or city. Chelseas revival was just players playing at their normal level. Spurs I expect to struggle but I never expected them to get top 4. Kane will hit form too, he always heats up around this time anyway but its not enough obviously.

Liverpool are probably challenging for the title and seems like Chelsea too. so who out of the 4 clubs are you likely to displace?

Take it this way, you have to beat Arsenal(in a november fixture) to have any chance of top 4. not saying you cant do it but that looks daunting if you lose youre 9 points off...
    If it looks like top 4's out of reach you know he's gonna go all out for the Europa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    If it looks like top 4's out of reach you know he's gonna go all out for the Europa.
    Ask klopp how that went?

I'd personally tank games in the league so I don't get europa though. mou will probably go all out for cups though so you'll be in europa league at least.

ReputationRep:
    Ask klopp how that went?

I'd personally tank games in the league so I don't get europa though. mou will probably go all out for cups though so you'll be in europa league at least.
    Competition will be easier.

Plus we have a better squad than them.

ReputationRep:
    Competition will be easier.

Plus we have a better squad than them.
    You guys might not even get out of your group ffs and you're talking about winning the competition. think about that. a juve side that got 102 points in their league didn't win it and spurs are most likely joining you in the competition... its not as simple as you think.

Villareal I think have a good chance of beating you over two legs.

ReputationRep:
    You guys might not even get out of your group ffs and you're talking about winning the competition. think about that. a juve side that got 102 points in their league didn't win it and spurs are most likely joining you in the competition... its not as simple as you think.

Villareal I think have a good chance of beating you over two legs.
    I'm saying compared to last year (no Sevilla who always win it and no Dortmund), there's already 2 teams out of the competition who would have beaten us, so our chances already look better. Plus, if we are in that position where top 4s out of our reach then he's not gonna be playing half-arsed teams; he'll go all in.

If we don't get out of the group then lol.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=bammy jastard 27;68433974]

much football

/QUOTE]

Where do you think Griezzman goes next?

World class strikers generally move on from Atleti, and they are happy to sell if they get a huge fee. Being at Atleti, I don't think he would go Real, so maybe Barca/ Bayern? Bayern is probably a sideways move.

Next tier down would Juve (but they have Dybala/ Higuain), PSG (lel), or United, maybe Chelsea. You think he would link up with his boy Pogba in Manchester? If not, where do you think he moves next, or do you think he sees his career out at Atleti?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Next tier down would Juve (but they have Dybala/ Higuain), PSG (lel), or United, maybe Chelsea. You think he would link up with his boy Pogba in Manchester? If not, where do you think he moves next, or do you think he sees his career out at Atleti?

#GOATGriezz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    #GOATGriezz
    ****ing top quality analysis there Geoff

ReputationRep:
    Just to add, Griezmann also said publicly his dream club is Man Utd

If we knock on Atleti's door with major ££ he will come to Utd. Not to mention his boys Martial + Pogba are here too.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add, Griezmann also said publicly his dream club is Man Utd

If we knock on Atleti's door with major ££ he will come to Utd. Not to mention his boys Martial + Pogba are here too.
    Imagine getting Griezmann and Varane in 2017

Woodward to spend £200 million every summer :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Imagine getting Griezmann and Varane in 2017

Woodward to spend £200 million every summer :coma:
    Griezzman, Varane, Aurier & Felipe Anderson in the summer transfer window. Then put Mkhitaryan in #10 and have the wingers as Felipe Anderson and Martial.

and this January just sign Kostas Manolas from Roma <3

Imagine having....

Shaw Varane Bailly Aurier as the defensive line >>>>> :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Griezzman, Varane, Aurier & Felipe Anderson in the summer transfer window. Then put Mkhitaryan in #10 and have the wingers as Felipe Anderson and Martial.

Imagine having....

Think Mkhi is leaving in Jan

Imagine Woodward making a cheeky Mkhi plus 80 million bid for Reus on deadline day.

ReputationRep:

Imagine having....

Still have a fetish for Felipe anderson for no apparent reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Still have a fetish for Felipe anderson for no apparent reason?
    He's got so much potential (much more than Memphis) and he's only 23. His style of play is a cross between Coutinho and Neymar and he's fast likes to run with the ball and dribble. I would have preferred Gabriel Jesus but City stole him.

Think Mkhi is leaving in Jan

Imagine Woodward making a cheeky Mkhi plus 80 million bid for Reus on deadline day.
    I would be hella mad if that happened ...he can literally be our very own Ozil
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Imagine

DeGea
    Valencia Bailly Van Dijk Shaw
    Carrick Pogba
    Mkhitaryan Martial
    Rashford Griezmann

ReputationRep:
    If Zlatan could finish no one would be rambling on about this. He's cost us minimum 6 points on his own.
    Strikers. Miss. Chances. There is no striker in the world for which P(score) = 1 for literally any chance. And when P(x) < 1, you will naturally get some unlucky periods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Strikers. Miss. Chances. There is no striker in the world for which P(score) = 1 for literally any chance. And when P(x) < 1, you will naturally get some unlucky periods.
    Prove that the P(score) = 1 for -1< score <1 from first principles.

(5 marks)

ReputationRep:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.