Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    well done that's amazing! i got an A* in further maths and i was genuinely expecting no more than a C, cant believe it
    Have either of you received your raw mark or breakdown for further, I was literally just given a grade?

ReputationRep:
    got 1A*, 5As and 3Bs; well happy with that

ReputationRep:
    This Year:

English Lang - A
    English Lit - A
    German - A
    Statistics - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    Further Maths - A*^ (A * distinction)

Last Year

Maths - A*
    Computing - A
    History - A
    French - C

I am extremely happy!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do edexcel RS?

My results look a bit.. I ended up getting a C when for 2 years straight I got A's and revised the same way

Do you think I should get a remark since I'm doing RS next year too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonon41)
    Have either of you received your raw mark or breakdown for further, I was literally just given a grade?
    Nope, just got a grade too and '58 points' but I think that's just the same as the grade ?

ReputationRep:
    This is probably a stupid question, but I got a thing listed on my results sheet called Information & Cash In (Unitised) and I don't even know what that is. Do any of you happen to know what that is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily_31)
    Just wondering, did anyone else do less well than expected in AQA English Literature? I was predicted an A* and ended up with a B, which is disappointing as I wanted to do it at A-Level/university. Not sure if it's the grade boundaries/exam, or if I just messed up and didn't perform as well as I could've😕
    I got an A overall, it was my lowest - the literature teacher at my school said how hard it was this year and the grade boundaries didn't compensate, i don't think anyone at my school got an A*.
    I got a B in Unit 2H and an A in Unit 3 I really don't understand it - we do 2 exams and a controlled assessment but they are not all here?

ReputationRep:
    English lang- C
    History-C
    RE- B
    Additional Science- C
    Food Tech-C
    French- A
    PE-D
    English Lit-B
    Maths-F
    bit disappointed with maths and pe, I will have to retake. but I'm gonna stay positive and not give up. but overall I'm super happy with English lit B! in one of the units I got an A never got an A. also I got an a in French but I speak a lang at home so it helped me. those who are not happy don't worry, because theres always hope, never give in your dreams. you will achieve what you want. I got a low grade for maths as I do foundation maths but I'm still going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lopes123)
    English lang- C
    History-C
    RE- B
    Additional Science- C
    Food Tech-C
    French- A
    PE-D
    English Lit-B
    Maths-F
    bit disappointed with maths and pe, I will have to retake. but I'm gonna stay positive and not give up. but overall I'm super happy with English lit B! in one of the units I got an A never got an A. also I got an a in French but I speak a lang at home so it helped me. those who are not happy don't worry, because theres always hope, never give in your dreams. you will achieve what you want. I got a low grade for maths as I do foundation maths but I'm still going.
    Hey, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with those subjects because like you said, you can always choose to re-sit. I'm not exactly a straight A student myself, but I still passed 4/6 of my Year 10 modulars so on the whole, I did way better than I was expecting. Congratulations on passing your other subjects by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOL A* MATHS! All i care about! 178/200!!! <3<3<3 Edexecel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I'm honestly sh*ting myself already, I've flopped my exams so far lol.

What you think you've got:
    A string of As and Bs (mostly Bs lol) - I'm really not sure if exams went well or not!

Predicted grades:
    8 As 3 A*s (plz that's definitely not happening lmao, I'll be lucky for a single A*..)

What you've actually got:
    RESULTS DAY UPDATE: I got 2 A*s 8As 1 B. I'm over the moon!

How are you feeling about results day?
    Not too good, already had nightmares about it

How are you going to open your results?
    As I am casually strolling out of the school - if they're good I'll scream and run back to school, but if they're bad I'm running home byeeeeeee.

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
    Biology, Geography and Chemistry OR Psychology.

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
    I would LOVE to! I'm a bit camera shy though, and I don't want to come across ungrateful if I don't get the results I want, because everyone has different expectations of themselves...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :hoppy:
    I've updated my original post with my results! Congratulations everyone!

ReputationRep:
    You know how everyone opens the paper and is either happy/sad?
    I was in between, I got 4 A's, 2 B's, 4 C's and an E, so I didn't know what to feel. I feel like I did around half of my exams well, so I'm half pleased I guess.

ReputationRep:
    5 A* (Art, History, Philosophy, English Lang & English Lit)
    5 A (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Media) and 1 B (French)
    Really pleased and surprised!

ReputationRep:
    I was predicting myself anywhere between 2-4 A* but outdid myself and ended up with 6

English Lang - B
    English Lit - A* (how? I hate lit haha)
    Maths - A*
    Physics - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Geography - A*
    ICT - B
    Computing - A
    RS - A

Also, on the OCR calculator paper i managed to get 100/100 marks, can't quite believe that i aced a paper, so happy now

ReputationRep:
    Yo guys I'm the guy that did 17 gcses
    Well done everyone
    I got 15 A*
    An A in additional maths
    And a pass in algebra level 3 (87/90)

ReputationRep:
    6A 2A*s 2Bs yay

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone, I can see that you've all got amazing results! I had a C overall for AQA Core Science, an A overall for my Year 10 I.C.T grade, a B in Unit 1: Welsh and a D in the History paper. However, I may not be as bright as you lot on here, but I'm honestly happier than I thought I would be. I was only confident about passing one exam but I passed 4/6, so I'm really chuffed.

Congratulations guys! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hey It's Cerian)
    Well done everyone, I can see that you've all got amazing results! I had a C overall for AQA Core Science, an A overall for my Year 10 I.C.T grade, a B in Unit 1: Welsh and a D in the History paper. However, I may not be as bright as you lot on here, but I'm honestly happier than I thought I would be. I was only confident about passing one exam but I passed 4/6, so I'm really chuffed.

Congratulations guys! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey!

Congratulations. As long as you're happy and you've achieved the best results for you, that's all anyone could ever ask for. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey It's Cerian)
    Hey, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with those subjects because like you said, you can always choose to re-sit. I'm not exactly a straight A student myself, but I still passed 4/6 of my Year 10 modulars so on the whole, I did way better than I was expecting. Congratulations on passing your other subjects by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey cerian its lopes 123. thank you so much, I'm sooo happy, tbh I wasn't expecting to get the highest grades. I'm excited for college and the course I'm doing. so what are you planning to do in September.

ReputationRep:
    Got what I wanted! Hope everyone else did too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.