The Ultimate Football Thread IV Watch

This discussion is closed.
Car Expert
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Barnsley v Portsmouth in the final, Barnsley to win it.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I miss Leeds haha.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Everybody is overlooking WBA here.

IMO they'll beat Pompey, and meet Cardiff in the final.
CJ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Friedrich Nietzsche)
Everybody is overlooking WBA here.

IMO they'll beat Pompey, and meet Cardiff in the final.
Not I, they're my tip to win it ;yes;
Friedrich Nietzsche
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by <CJ>)
Not I, they're my tip to win it ;yes;
Yay
Lucy :)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Man Utd Star Darren Fletcher Knocked Out By Toilet Door
Mar 10 2008 Exclusive by Keith Mcleod

FOOTBALL star Darren Fletcher was left unconscious and bleeding when a toilet door fell on his head.

The Scotland midfielder was revived in the Old Trafford dressing room after he starred in Manchester United's 1-0 Champions League win over Lyon.

As boss Sir Alex Ferguson was being interviewed yards away, Darren, 24, was being treated by club medics.

He needed stitches in his gaping head gash.

A club insider said: "It happened half an hour after the end of the match. It looked very, very nasty.

"I saw blood pouring out and the medical staff had to treat him there and then.

"I know he got stitches. He looked pretty dazed and pretty shocked.

"You don't expect a door to just fall on you."

United reached the quarter finals with a 2-1 aggregate win.

The source said: "The dressing room was relaxed and happy after the match - it was a case of job done.

"It seems that there was something seriously wrong with the toilet door.

"I don't know if fittings had come loose or what - but when Darren went to open the door, it came away and clobbered him.

"It was a nasty wound but it could have been worse.

"The other players were looking about scratching their heads in disbelief but at least medical staff were right there on the spot."

Fletcher's mishap is the latest in a series of bizarre incidents around the Old Trafford dressing rooms.

In February 2003, David Beckham suffered a head graze after a flying boot hit him full on the face.

It is believed the boot was kicked by an angry Fergie.

In October 2004, there were reports of flying pizza following a bad-tempered match with Arsenal.

Other strange football injuries include Chelsea keeper Dave Beasant who hurt his foot after he let a salad cream bottle slip from his grasp.

Leeds star David Batty hurt his ankle after a toddler drove over it on a tricycle.

Midfielder Darren Barnard of Barnsley damaged knee ligaments when he slipped in a puddle of puppy urine.

And Dundee striker Derek Lyle had to miss Saturday's 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat by Queen of the South after he fell through a coffee table and cut his stomach.
Unfortunate thing to happen, but :laugh:
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Unlucky Fletch :laugh:
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Other odd injuries, Canizares dropping aftershave on his foot, Zat Knight fighting with his brother and theres this one too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Diogo :ninja:
CJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I lol'd :laugh:

And ouch for Paulo Diogo :eek:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Speaking of nasty injuries while scoring:

'Dutch striker Eldridge Rojer is fighting to save his career - and overcome his deep embarrassment. The Excelsior star suffered from torn cruciate kneee ligaments - making love to his girlfriend in the shower at their home. Ambulance crew found the the player in the embarrassing position. His girlfriend had called the emergency number. She feared he'd broken his knee.

'Rojer, who is out for 10 months, said "I was stark naked. My girlfriend passed me a towel to cover myself. I was in so much pain. I thought it was better to be honest about it to the doctors and medial stuff. I also told a team-mate and the manager. Within two hours the whole squad was on the phone to me. I was getting dozens of text messages. When the local reporter turned up, I knew I could not deny it any more. The boys had told him all the details too" - The Sunday Mirror.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Sounds like he was giving her a good rojering :teeth:
SmilerNuts
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:rofl:
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A footballing priest from Burkina Faso has been sent off in a church tournament for throwing his shirt at the referee in Italy.

The incident happened in the Clericus Cup over the weekend with the actions of the priest leading to Paul the Apostle's College being eliminated.

Italian sports officials had expressed hopes that the tournament held at the Vatican City will help restore a positive image of football in Italy, which has been marred by recent violence.

The Clericus Cup is an international football tournament including Catholic priests and seminarians.

There are 16 teams made up of the various catholic colleges and church congregations in Vatican City.

There is also a team made up of the Pope's bodyguards, the Swiss guards.

-

Right, you lot, I expect there's many a good gag to be had here. Do your worst!
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Jesus Christ...anyone care to place bets on how long it'll take before Mathieu Bodmer takes a trip across the channel if he can score more goals like that? Either that or Lyon snap him up :rolleyes: I'm just watching Ligue 1 highlights on C4 at the minute...he had a couple of other pretty good shots as well (including a brazen attempt at a 30yd lob that bounced off the bar)
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
What do you mean "Lyon snap him up" as he plays for Lyon :dontknow: Decent goalscoring record for them this season with 5 in 27. Not bad for a £4m player.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, that was Mathieu Bodmer of Lyon, scoring in a 4-2 victory over title rivals Bordeaux. Karim Benzema restored Lyon's lead after Bordeaux had pulled it back to 2-2.

Terrific scissor kick, and the poise shown throughout is quite something.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oops Was tired, and thinking he played for another team. Probably whatever team was doing well in the game shown after the Lyon/Bordeaux game. Strange considering I did a search for that video by looking for "bodmer lyon bordeaux" :rofl:
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So it's Liverpool tonight, at the San Siro to take on the mighty Inter. They bring with them a healthy 2-0 lead from the first leg, as well as the suspension of Italy defender Marco Materazzi.

Xabi Alonso hasn't travelled with the squad, as he's with Mrs Alonso helping her spit out the first Baby Alonso (which apparently has annoyed manager Rafael Benitez). No Steve Finnan either, but Javier Mascherano is available to replicate his good first leg showing.

Inter have Zlatan Ibrahimovic available as the Swede recovers from a knee injury. Christian Chivu is a doubt though. I have a feeling Fernando Torres is going to have some fun tonight.

For his part, Benitez has pledged to attack Inter on the counter and get the golden away goal that would leave the Italian champions needing to score four.

The game's on Sky Sports (one of them) and good old Five Live.

-

An omen for Liverpool? Durham University scientists have drawn up some research suggesting that teams playing in red are more likely to succeed in football, with possible reasons. What do we think?
CJ
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm kind of expecting a no score draw.

Benitez saying they'll take them on the counter kind of gives away his set up, but then again, he was never going to do anything over the top. I don't expect it to be all Inter and you never know, they might not turn up at all so will have to wait and see.

Liverpool are good enough to hold on to what they've got, maybe a late Inter goal, but i'd be suprised if they don't go through.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think he's giving a thing away; how else could he possibly approach the game. Inter learn nothing. In fact, it shifts all the pressure onto them by reminding them of their incredibly difficult task; score at least two, while watching out at the back. I guess it'll be Inter struggling to penetrate for 90 minutes, with Torres briefly troubling the defence with his pace and being too fast for any meaningful support to arrive.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads