Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
I think im cracking up, I seriously cannot take this life anymore. I cant cope anymore :'(
Why not? What can't you take (sorry, I don't know much about you)? Are you at uni?
Thicky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
not at all. my parents never lived anywhere near them, and now they live in canada. i wouldn't even recognise half my uncles and aunts.
Your parents live in Canada or your relatives? (sorry!) Looking at your profile I see you have a Canada pass - that could come in handy one day!
KJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Why not? What can't you take (sorry, I don't know much about you)? Are you at uni?
Nope graduated, but cant find a job.

My life sucks, Im finding it so hard to live now I really cant cope
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)

Wow, I dunno if I'm even gonna finish this year (first year) let alone graduate. You should be proud. :yep: What's your degree in?

Is it worth trying to find any kind of job, just to tide you over until the market picks up some?
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)

Plenty of graduates are in a similar situation. while the economy is like this unless your degree gets you straight into a job like doc/dentist/vet etc.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm really hungry, but I know my flatmates are in the kitchen and I don't want to see them yet.
Thicky
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are so many trainee/accountant jobs going in my area
KJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, I dunno if I'm even gonna finish this year (first year) let alone graduate. You should be proud. :yep: What's your degree in?

Is it worth trying to find any kind of job, just to tide you over until the market picks up some?
I apply for around 10 jobs a day, thing is I live by myself cant afford my rent
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm so angry, I've wasting a whole ******* **** day doing nothing, Why do i do this all of the time.
I am a disgrace at the moment, and I will be kicked out of college soon.
I have one bit of coursework to hand in this week, and i cant be arsed, it's too boring and time consuming. :mad: grr
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I'm so angry, I've wasting a whole ******* **** day doing nothing, Why do i do this all of the time.
I am a disgrace at the moment, and I will be kicked out of college soon.
I have one bit of coursework to hand in this week, and i cant be arsed, it's too boring and time consuming. :mad: grr
Same here. I'm trying to figure out now how to get everything I need to do done before the deadlines - Thursday and Friday. It's not all going to get done I can't really ask for an extension either because it's an essay that needs physically handing in, two oral assessments that I need to prepare for an an exam for a module that I don't do next semester.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone, sorry not posted for a while, been really busy.

Kiss_Me_Now...massive hugs! :hugs: did you end up on that road opposite that school? I think I know where you were and jeez you were brave as that's a main road. Or if you walked the other way and ended up walking to Blean, that's also amazingly brave as it's all unlit and scary. (I walked there at 2am a couple of times and got scared ) Have you spoken to your flatmates yet? Were you at The Works? Apparently it was packed last night. Never went there myself so I don't know what it's like. I'm glad you went to talk to the nurse though and that she was nice to you.

Kevin...how did the interview go? Sorry I've not text, I've literally had no free time for days. I'm constantly driving around the place picking people up and dropping them off and today I was working at Marie Curie. How is Moses?

Luke...at least you're annoyed with yourself for not doing anything. It's worse when you really couldn't care that you've not done anything. If you need any help with work, let us know :hugs:

-----------------------

Well I'm quite settled today. Yesterday I was happy because I got a Christmas card from Gav in Cyprus which I thought was really really sweet. And he's coming to visit at the end of Jan So excited about seeing him and showing him that I've changed. Today I got a lovely lovely surprise from raspberry and a Christmas card from my Godmother/Aunt. These two things combined made me cry. Firstly, because I thought it was just so so lovely of raspberry to send me a parcel and it made me feel loved and cared for and secondly because my Godmother has cancer and even though I never see her, she'd gone to the effort of buying me a Goddaughter card. It made me emotional.

I started volunteering at the Marie Curie Cancer Care shop today and it actually went really well I felt like I was doing something useful. I'm going again tomorrow afternoon Also, I got a phonecall from a lady about a job I applied for. Car park assistant this weekend for Tesco. I'm on the reserve list Got to drive to Stevenage (about 30 miles away) tomorrow to register my details with the employment company and then if they get any suitable work through, I might stand a chance of getting it Oh, and last night I got an e-mail about working in an inbound call centre. I've got through the first round, next is a telephone interview. Really hope I get it because I can work it around Marie Curie

So yeah, good couple of days really and tomorrow is a busy day so that should keep in occupied. Oh, and seeing best friend from 6th form on Thursday yay
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Same here. I'm trying to figure out now how to get everything I need to do done before the deadlines - Thursday and Friday. It's not all going to get done I can't really ask for an extension either because it's an essay that needs physically handing in, two oral assessments that I need to prepare for an an exam for a module that I don't do next semester.
GAH! its crap isnt it, aswell I hate college I really hate it.
I dont know what to do at all, everytime i look at my work i notice how i have too much to do and how ive not enough time, everytine i try i fail, the story of my life. I might just leave college, saves them kicking me out which is inevitable i thinkk.

I hope you get something sorted and get it done on time. if you dont: you wont be the only one
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I quit.
and I quit college, forget this coursework, i dont even care about it.
my teachers going on maternity leave soon so i doubt she will even care.
im so sick of this.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Kiss_Me_Now...massive hugs! :hugs: did you end up on that road opposite that school? I think I know where you were and jeez you were brave as that's a main road. Or if you walked the other way and ended up walking to Blean, that's also amazingly brave as it's all unlit and scary. (I walked there at 2am a couple of times and got scared ) Have you spoken to your flatmates yet? Were you at The Works? Apparently it was packed last night. Never went there myself so I don't know what it's like. I'm glad you went to talk to the nurse though and that she was nice to you.
The road towards Blean/Harbledown (?)... I think as I was walking along the unlit bit the rational part of my brain was going WTF ARE you doing, anything could happen... Then the irrational part beat it to a pulp. :o: I was at The Works, it was very busy! I didn't really enjoy myself, apart from the pole dancing :o: I've avoided as much flatmate contact as possible... I've spoken to one (the guy who isn't A or B, and he's the one who texted me last night and then earlier today to see if I got home alright) but I just mumbled through the details and didn't really say anything concrete. I hope they don't think I'm sulking with them. I'm not, I just need a little bit of time alone. Which is why I've just cooked my dinner... The nurse was lovely, I felt so awful for getting her up though. I'm sure it's not her idea of fun to get up at 4 in the morning and try and console a distraught drunk girl :o:

:hugs:

(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
GAH! its crap isnt it, aswell I hate college I really hate it.
I dont know what to do at all, everytime i look at my work i notice how i have too much to do and how ive not enough time, everytine i try i fail, the story of my life. I might just leave college, saves them kicking me out which is inevitable i thinkk.

I hope you get something sorted and get it done on time. if you dont: you wont be the only one
I just don't know what to do. I have got no motivation left... I planned to tidy my room today, to distract me, that didn't happen. I was going to read... Then I cba. Maybe try breaking the work down into chunks? That's what I tend to do (when I do it :o:) and it helps because I feel I've achieved something after chunk 1 is completed and it makes me feel better about chunk 2. If you get me. I don't think you getting kicked out is inevitable :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
----- Forwarded message from Disability <[email protected]> -----

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: VOICE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:48:04 +0000

(sent on behalf of [email protected] )

YouthHealthTalk (YHT) is a national charity that produces the unique,
award winning website www.youthhealthtalk.org .

On the site you can watch, listen and read young people talking about
their real-life experiences of health, illness and lifestyles. Each
project is based on research at University of Oxford.

The site features five projects, each based on interviews with 30-40 young
people and hundreds of video and audio clips:

- Living with a long term health condition
- Living with epilepsy
- Sexual health
- Living with Diabetes type 1
- Teenage Cancer

We are now looking for young people to help us develop two new sites on:

1) YOUNG PEOPLE, LOW MOOD & DEPRESSION - we'd like to hear from;

* people aged 16-25 with experiences of depression or low
mood
* to share their experiences through an interview with an
experienced researcher..
* ...or to make a video or photo diary

2) YOUNG PEOPLE, WEIGHT & HEALTH - we'd like to hear from:

* people aged 16-20
* to share their experiences and views about body image, size
& shape, exercising, dieting, and losing & gaining weight.

Every individual can choose whether we use a video, audio or text version
of the interview. You can even have an actor speak your words!

For more information about the project, please contact our researcher
Ulla. If you then decide you don't want to take part - no problem!

Sharing your experiences can help others in a similar situation to know
they are not alone.

email: [email protected]
call: 01865 289328
text: 07805 828792

----- End of forwarded message from Disability <[email protected]> -----
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh dear - im feeling down - my life is going nowhere im so jealous of everyone moving forward on my course im sick of living at home. I dunno what to do or think anymore.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
oh dear - im feeling down - my life is going nowhere im so jealous of everyone moving forward on my course im sick of living at home. I dunno what to do or think anymore.
:console:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
Can you not get into halls? What uni are you at? :hugs:
YAP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay, so yesterday wasn't so bad, today I find out my mum has breast cancer and is being operated on tomorrow. You win some, you lose some.... Not feeling so bad about it, good prognosis - was detected early through a routine mammogram. Won't be around for a while though.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
Okay, so yesterday wasn't so bad, today I find out my mum has breast cancer and is being operated on tomorrow. You win some, you lose some.... Not feeling so bad about it, good prognosis - was detected early through a routine mammogram. Won't be around for a while though.
:console: Take care.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads