Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Decided to go on the online arsenal shop and the arsenal font on the away shirt looks....

Attachment 231314
    Just when you thought they made the perfect shirt they go and do this...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    but you can just choose 'premier league' font instead of arsenal font and it looks normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    What will our 3rd kit be? Surely it won't be the yellow/red combination again
    the purple and black monstrosity

ReputationRep:
    Benteke wants to go to Sp*rs. We should hijack the deal even if it means we won't sign Higuain. He got 19 goals last season in a tragic Villa team, he'd easily get 25 here if you look at the amount of chances we create.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he'd rather go to you guys than Tottenham - and he's spoken quite highly of the club in the past, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    but you can just choose 'premier league' font instead of arsenal font and it looks normal
    The players wear it in the cup games though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Decided to go on the online arsenal shop and the arsenal font on the away shirt looks....

Attachment 231314
    Fifa sometime ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Benteke wants to go to Sp*rs. We should hijack the deal even if it means we won't sign Higuain. He got 19 goals last season in a tragic Villa team, he'd easily get 25 here if you look at the amount of chances we create.
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

I have genuinely never seen a nicer kit from any club. Beautiful.
    How on earth did this get negged? Easily the best away kit we've ever had.

Also, imagine how Jenko must feel. Arsenal supporter from birth and in his genes and now he's on a huge display on Arsenal's stadium. He's not just a player for the club, he's a fan, and this must feel incredible for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)

Also, imagine how Jenko must feel. Arsenal supporter from birth and in his genes and now he's on a huge display on Arsenal's stadium. He's not just a player for the club, he's a fan, and this must feel incredible for him.
    Not to mention he gets 30k a week (I have no clue what he earns) doing something he would probably do for free

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)

Would love a team of 11 Jenkinsons and Wilsheres. Im sure Wenger knew that Jenko was a fan of the club before he signed him. I'm also sure there are players who have similar capabilities (and maybe for around a similar cost) but his passion during every game is a joy to watch. Thats also why I don't think Wenger would sign a player like Suarez. As good a footballer he is, he doesn't show any of the qualities that are normally associated with our club. Would never see Jenko or any other Arsenal player for that fact make racist remarks or bite off an opponents arm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Source?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...am-spurs-villa

If I'm honest I don't think signing Benteke or Higuain would turn us into title-challengers. To challenge for the title we'd need to land someone like Rooney or Suarez, however unlikely it may be. Both players don't just bring finishing ability but their link up play is also top class, it would give us something we haven't had since RVP left for United.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Here's another way of thinking 'bout the Higuain situation:
    http://justarsenal.com/come-on-arsen...ometimes/24828

-Love the new away kit but am I the only one who thinks the purple and black one before was okay? Glad we've got this historic yellow and blue one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...am-spurs-villa

If I'm honest I don't think signing Benteke or Higuain would turn us into title-challengers. To challenge for the title we'd need to land someone like Rooney or Suarez, however unlikely it may be. Both players don't just bring finishing ability but their link up play is also top class, it would give us something we haven't had since RVP left for United.
    Higuain is better than Rooney.

Suarez is better than both.

ReputationRep:
    If Benteke is worth 25m then Saurez must be worth 60m...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)

Suarez is better than both.
    I rate Higuain very highly but there's no way he's better than Rooney.

It goes Rooney>Suarez>Higuain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I rate Higuain very highly but there's no way he's better than Rooney.

It goes Rooney>Suarez>Higuain
    You must be joking mate. Saurez is 10 times the player Rooney is and the only reason they're even mentioned in the same breath is because Rooney is English.

ReputationRep:
    You must be joking mate. Saurez is 10 times the player Rooney is and the only reason they're even mentioned in the same breath is because Rooney is English.
    In recent seasons we haven't seen the best of Rooney but we have seen the best of what Suarez can offer.

Alot of people have forgotten about Rooney's quality. After Ronaldo left in season 09/10 Rooney banged 26 goals and 34 all comps then Fergie got wise to the contract situation Berbatov took over despite this and injuries he was named PFA Player of the year and got 19 goals and 17 assists in that season. Season 11/12 he got 27 goals and 34 all comps then RVP was brought in and he took a dip. He's nationality has got nothing to do with it. Rooney is a top quality player, I'd have him as CF over Suarez any day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Suarez is definitely better than Rooney. Put him in a half decent team (like United) and not the clowns at Liverpool and he'd be even better.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.