Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No Arsenal for 2 weeks now

Arsene for manager of the month? Considering our normal March nightmares, winning 6 out of 6 games is ****ing impressive.

Now the tough games start, Liverpool and Chelsea plus Burnley away (very tough game they'll be fighting for it) and FA Cup semi final. We should be aiming for 7 points and an FA Cup win imo, I'd expect us to still beat Burnley and we normally do Ok against Liverpool at the Emirates, Chelsea normally go for the draw against us at the Emirates so 7 points is the minimum aim surely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    No Arsenal for 2 weeks now

Arsene for manager of the month? Considering our normal March nightmares, winning 6 out of 6 games is ****ing impressive.

Now the tough games start, Liverpool and Chelsea plus Burnley away (very tough game they'll be fighting for it) and FA Cup semi final. We should be aiming for 7 points and an FA Cup win imo, I'd expect us to still beat Burnley and we normally do Ok against Liverpool at the Emirates, Chelsea normally go for the draw against us at the Emirates so 7 points is the minimum aim surely
    7 points lmao :rofl:

I expect 4 points tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Chambers is actually a worse full back than smalling. Didn't think that was possible :lol:
    Hasn't Smalling been your best defender of late? thought he'd been ok this season

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't Smalling been your best defender of late? thought he'd been ok this season
    I really rate Smalling as a central defender, and like him a lot. If he gets a good run of games there he could be Englands best defender in 2-3 years quite easily as all round he's a very good player but just suffers retarded concentration lapses.

At full back though, he's a joke. Not only that but it stifled his development as a proper DC for a few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    7 points lmao :rofl:

I expect 4 points tbh
    I expect 5 but that doesn't mean we should be aiming for more. Burnley should be a hard fought win and there's no reason why we can't beat Liverpool, yes they've been exceptional this year but if United put a result in tomorrow I'd expect them to lose a bit of confidence. As for Chelsea they aren't looking amazing, they'll go for the draw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I really rate Smalling as a central defender, and like him a lot. If he gets a good run of games there he could be Englands best defender in 2-3 years quite easily as all round he's a very good player but just suffers retarded concentration lapses.

At full back though, he's a joke. Not only that but it stifled his development as a proper DC for a few years.
    Ahhh, fair play, I was judging him on his CB performances not his ones at RB.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, fair play, I was judging him on his CB performances not his ones at RB.
    Yea, that was my point. He's a total joke at RB but Chambers is actually worse :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I expect 5 but that doesn't mean we should be aiming for more. Burnley should be a hard fought win and there's no reason why we can't beat Liverpool, yes they've been exceptional this year but if United put a result in tomorrow I'd expect them to lose a bit of confidence. As for Chelsea they aren't looking amazing, they'll go for the draw
    the thing about lpool is if they win at OT they carry forward momentum, if they lose they will come out all guns blazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Yea, that was my point. He's a total joke at RB but Chambers is actually worse :lol:
    tbf chambers is a very good crosser of the ball atleast (no bellerin though)

ReputationRep:
    the thing about lpool is if they win at OT they carry forward momentum, if they lose they will come out all guns blazing.
    True, we're the two form teams, reckon it'll be a classic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I feel sorry for Chambers, he may be a decent CB but the fact he's played at RB and made a joke out of means people have already judged him as ****
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    bellerin is quality m8:fuhrer:

srs
    Not as a regular first teamer, how many top teams will even start bellerin if they had him? Don't get me wrong, love the dude, and has his moments of quality but let's be real here.

ReputationRep:
    We missed Ozil today, Ramsey was all over the place and prevented Giroud scoring a hat-trick. Sanchez and Cazorla need proper rests. Hard-earned and possibly not deserved, but a welcome three points.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Tomorrow ...we're all 'would prefer a draw but a Liverpool win won't be worse than a united win' fans. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for Chambers, he may be a decent CB but the fact he's played at RB and made a joke out of means people have already judged him as ****
    Yep, that's exactly what happened with Smalling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Tomorrow ...we're all 'would prefer a draw but a Liverpool win won't be worse than a united win' fans. :moon:
    Who are you more fearful of overtaking you? Liverpool or Man Utd?

And their fans are far worse!

ReputationRep:
    Not as a regular first teamer, how many top teams will even start bellerin if they had him? Don't get me wrong, love the dude, and has his moments of quality but let's be real here.
    He isn't our starter so what are you complaining about? Have you forgotten about Debuchy?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by samba)
    Who are you more fearful of overtaking you? Liverpool or Man Utd?

And their fans are far worse!
    I'd rather see Liverpool in top four. With us in 3rd of course...

(Original post by Pete_91)
    He isn't our starter so what are you complaining about? Have you forgotten about Debuchy?
    Someone's a bit cranky today

No you misunderstood. And yeah he has whilst Debuchy has been out. I was saying in general, we need better quality rb's even if they are just a back up to Debuchy.

ReputationRep:
    In 5 years time Bellerin will either be at Barcelona or Barnsley.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather see Liverpool in top four. With us in 3rd of course...

Someone's a bit cranky today

No you misunderstood. And yeah he has whilst Debuchy has been out. I was saying in general, we need better quality rb's even if they are just a back up to Debuchy.
    We have 4 RBs for next season, I doubt many teams have backups in that position as good as us...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.