Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Home from Cyprus :cry2: Had such a good time and really surprised myself. I went only knowing one other person and I got talking to so many new people, something which usually scares me a lot. I even sang karaoke in Ayia Napa with one of my lecturers (after an abundance of cocktails and the jagerbomb she bought me :mmm:)

Spoiler:
    Show
    So gutted to be home, probably because my mum is already on my back about food. While I was there it was all set up in a way where I could get away with not eating and nobody would really notice. While I was there I'd say I averaged about 350 calories a day of solid food so not including alcohol but now I'm home and having pizza for tea and mum isn't take no for an answer :facepalm:

Wore shorts as well, got a few stares because of my scars but nobody said anything or treated me any differently

Haven't really kept up with the thread while I was away, hope everyone is ok
    Glad you enjoyed it! :woo: Talking to people is a big achievement, that's scary :eek: Well done for shorts too.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :jumphug: Sorry she's going on about it, 350 calories realllly isn't a lot though :console:

Hope people are ok, hugs to anyone struggling :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Have you seen the nurse lately?
    Missed my appointment on Monday due to oversleeping :getmecoat: Due to see her on Thursday now but that kinda feels like an age away :sigh:

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    :hugs::jumphug:
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Missed my appointment on Monday due to oversleeping :getmecoat: Due to see her on Thursday now but that kinda feels like an age away :sigh:

Thanks
    could you talk over the phone before thursday?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    could you talk over the phone before thursday?
    Probably Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a TLG Pity Party :getmecoat: How are YOU doing? Am really hoping you get out of there soon, lovely
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Probably Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a TLG Pity Party :getmecoat: How are YOU doing? Am really hoping you get out of there soon, lovely
    Maybe you could?

It's fine dw

Bored. Some of the other patients are really ill and it's quite scary :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Maybe you could?

It's fine dw

Bored. Some of the other patients are really ill and it's quite scary :/
    That does sound quite alarming - I don't blame you for wanting to get out of there asap :no: Big hugs, lovely. Stay strong - hopefully you won't be in there too much longer :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That does sound quite alarming - I don't blame you for wanting to get out of there asap :no: Big hugs, lovely. Stay strong - hopefully you won't be in there too much longer :hugs:
    Just praying for tuesday really
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Just praying for tuesday really
    :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll pray for the intercession of St Dymphna, patron saint of the mentally ill :yes:

Hey,

I haven't posted here before but I suffer from anxiety, mild depression, a sleep disorder and panic attacks. I'm doing okay at the moment but I've gone back to uni today and the stress of uni usually brings out my symptoms.

Last term was the hardest yet and I felt that I was becoming more impulsive, irrational and had frequent mood swings.

I just wanted to introduce myself here and get to know you guys because it would be great to know that I have somewhere to turn when I have my next episode.

Hope everyone is as well as possible.

ReputationRep:
    ^ That was me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by StarlightSmiles)
    ^ That was me.
    Hello! Nice to meet you, though sorry to hear of what brings you here. It must be scary, anticipating a potential new episode. Rest assured we are all here to support you if we can, though obviously we're not professionals or always around.

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd, btw :musicus:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    its ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Glad you enjoyed it! :woo: Talking to people is a big achievement, that's scary :eek: Well done for shorts too.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :jumphug: Sorry she's going on about it, 350 calories realllly isn't a lot though :console:

Hope people are ok, hugs to anyone struggling :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ta!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know logically it isn't but it feels massive for me :dontknow: Being over there definitely showed me how poor my eating is, genuinely didn't realise how much food was considered normal

Hope hope you're ok? :hugs:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Nearly done all of this work. But I'm having massive thoughts about septembers choices and I'm honestly not sure I've made the right choice.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ta!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know logically it isn't but it feels massive for me :dontknow: Being over there definitely showed me how poor my eating is, genuinely didn't realise how much food was considered normal

Hope hope you're ok? :hugs:
    I have no idea how you always manage to do that as I come online!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If it's as much as you can do that's good I guess, but still Wish I could help in some way but :hugs:

Pretty low but I'm ok, thanks.

(Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Nearly done all of this work. But I'm having massive thoughts about septembers choices and I'm honestly not sure I've made the right choice.
    Iirc you're doing GCSEs still? If so and september's A levels, you'll be able to change them anything up to a couple of weeks in so try not to worry about them too much if you can. Well done for getting your work done!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Iirc you're doing GCSEs still? If so and september's A levels, you'll be able to change them anything up to a couple of weeks in so try not to worry about them too much if you can. Well done for getting your work done!
    Im going to college next year instead of A Levels... Nearly done but not quite done, but taking a break..

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how you always manage to do that as I come online!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If it's as much as you can do that's good I guess, but still Wish I could help in some way but :hugs:

Pretty low but I'm ok, thanks.
    :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't worry about it!

Hope things pick up soon.

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Im going to college next year instead of A Levels... Nearly done but not quite done, but taking a break..
    Sorry, wasn't sure Taking a break is good!

:ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't worry about it!

Hope things pick up soon.
    Thanks, to you too :hugs:

(Original post by Pathway)
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    What's the point?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.