Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
Okay, so yesterday wasn't so bad, today I find out my mum has breast cancer and is being operated on tomorrow. You win some, you lose some.... Not feeling so bad about it, good prognosis - was detected early through a routine mammogram. Won't be around for a while though.
Oh golly. As you said early detection is really important, but still, I'll be thinking of you and your family. Take care of yourself. :hugs:
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*sigh*

The doctor now has me taking Citalopram. Today's my first day taking it after being on fluoxetine for about two months.

I just can't feeling like I'm always going to be alone; I'm never gonna find anyone to love and be loved by.
hbandtr4eva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi. I just woke up and I feel horrific. I keep telling myself that he doesn't deserve me and that I'm so much better than him. I woke up and felt ok for a bit and then looked at my phone and realised I'm never going to hear from him again. The thought of that tears me apart. I don't know what to do, he's been there for the last two years nearly and now he's gone completely, I've lost my best friend.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
Hi. I just woke up and I feel horrific. I keep telling myself that he doesn't deserve me and that I'm so much better than him. I woke up and felt ok for a bit and then looked at my phone and realised I'm never going to hear from him again. The thought of that tears me apart. I don't know what to do, he's been there for the last two years nearly and now he's gone completely, I've lost my best friend.
broken up? probably the worst time of the year for that to happen. you've gotta get over him. find someone else to look after you. spend time with other good friends you have. tell them about it all, if you feel you can. takes a massive weight off your shoulders when you talk to someone else about it. i'm still wallowing in the shadows of a breakup that happened a bloody year ago. it was the beginnings of my depression as far as i can see. please don't let that happen. you'll manage.
:hugs:
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Can you not get into halls? What uni are you at? :hugs:

Im not at uni for a while.
Thats why everyone is moving forward apart from me. Im just staying where i am.
No one will give me a job.
My GP just hand me out anti-depressants like they are sweets but im not taking them. I dont think that they get all i want is just to get my head sorted out. I dont get it.
KJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
My GP just hand me out anti-depressants like they are sweets but im not taking them. I dont think that they get all i want is just to get my head sorted out. I dont get it.
I am exactly like you. I cant get a job getting really stressed and depressed as I cant afford rent, doc keeps giving me anti deps but they dont do anything :hugs:
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hope everything goes ok for you lot over the next week. i won't have the internet until probaby after christmas. good luck people!
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
hope everything goes ok for you lot over the next week. i won't have the internet until probaby after christmas. good luck people!
Good luck pal, if you need anything if you feeling stressed or depressed just contact me pal
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
Have a good christmas PC, hopefully it won't be as bad as you think! See you soon.

(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
Never say never. My best friend was cheated on by her 3 year long boyfriend... Obviously, they didn't part on the best of terms. That was over a year ago now and they still talk, chat on facebook, meet up occasionally. Their friendship is nowhere near gone... Take your time though, it's a big change. :hugs: :console:

(Original post by fairy spangles)
(Original post by KJ21)
I am exactly like you. I cant get a job getting really stressed and depressed as I cant afford rent, doc keeps giving me anti deps but they dont do anything
Sorry, I thought you were. I think sometimes when you're stuck not moving forwards, you have to try a different approach. You can't force life but you can help it along... I guess what I'm trying to say is life will get better, something will come along. :hugs:

I'm doing ok today, feeling more normal than yesterday. Still don't feel anything like myself though.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had a horrid day

Hi fairy :hugs: haven't spoken to you for ages. Can you ask your GP for some counselling?

:hugs: for hb

Dinendal I hope the citalopram works for you. I found it much better than fluoxetine.
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be honest, I'm skeptical about any anti-depressants working. I know what's making me depressed; my loneliness.

I won't be able to get out of the depression until I find someone.
But I won't be able to find someone until I get out of the depression.

It's a horrible, horrible vicious cycle that I fear is only ever going to get worse.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you thought about seeing if you can get some CBT? That's supposed to be very good at breaking cycles like that. If you can't get any then maybe try MoodGym or livinglifetothefull online. They're both good sites.
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Have you thought about seeing if you can get some CBT? That's supposed to be very good at breaking cycles like that. If you can't get any then maybe try MoodGym or livinglifetothefull online. They're both good sites.
My GP is going to see about getting me that if, for some reason, the eCounselling team decide I don't need councilling or take too long to reply. Apparenty their waiting list is a month.

A month for an email or IM service!? Yeah, cos that's ******* helpful and won't give things a chance to decline further, will it!!?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That doesn't sound too good. Do you have any support in the meantime? If not maybe you could ask for weekly appointments with your GP so you still get some support.

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
My GP is going to see about getting me that if, for some reason, the eCounselling team decide I don't need councilling or take too long to reply. Apparenty their waiting list is a month.

A month for an email or IM service!? Yeah, cos that's ******* helpful and won't give things a chance to decline further, will it!!?
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
That doesn't sound too good. Do you have any support in the meantime? If not maybe you could ask for weekly appointments with your GP so you still get some support.
I'm seeing my GP on a fornightly basis, though now I have to wait until 12th January before I can go again.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
I'm seeing my GP on a fornightly basis, though now I have to wait until 12th January before I can go again.
Just remember you have all our support on here too. I haven't been around much the last few months but I'm planning on being here a bit more now so feel free to PM me if you ever need a listening ear :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there anybody I can PM this evening. Don't feel good at all
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can PM me Luke. I'm out later but I'm around for about an hour :hugs:
Thicky
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
Is there anybody I can PM this evening. Don't feel good at all
I'm in all evening if you wish to PM
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
Okay, so yesterday wasn't so bad, today I find out my mum has breast cancer and is being operated on tomorrow. You win some, you lose some.... Not feeling so bad about it, good prognosis - was detected early through a routine mammogram. Won't be around for a while though.
:hugs:

Love to you and your family. I hope the op goes well.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads