This discussion is closed.
Beef_Eater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gsc7)
Oh reallly! I never came across it on their website
Whatever they prefer when it comes to subjects theres no point looking back now, lets just see what happensss!
x
Yea its here...

http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/und...accounting.htm
Cathinka
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
Do you think taking one of the blacklisted subjects (dunno whether it is classified as blacklisted subject since there is no list for IB!) to Standard Level (which is equivalent to AS level) would lower my chances? It might not be classified as blacklisted subject by the way.
I don't think that there are black listet subjects for IB, because we have to take 6 subjects and even if one of them could be classified as blacklisted, we would still have 5 others..
Stefano46
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by averagemind)
Hey everyone just wondering what people think of Warwick compared to LSE in regards to the whole Uni package i.e. social life, job prospects, work load etc, as I am struggling to make a decision. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Wow I'm so jealous of you right now!
I'm still awaiting decisions from Warwick and LSE cuz I applied relatively late
Job prospects should be roughly the same in the UK but obviously inclining towards LSE from an international perspective. Your social life would undoubtably be better in london lol. Bit unsure about the work load but I'm sure you can handle either lol

What subjects do you do?? and what did you get last year?
No wait sorry about that...wrong questions lol. When did you apply and when did you receive your offers? Well done
gsc7
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Yea its here...

Cheers. I had a look, im getting more and more worried about the lack of maths at alevel i mean they said its not essential but desirable, but realistically most successful applicants do have maths eek.
anyone get in or knows someone who doesnt do maths and has got in?

i knew this before but i thought it was worth the risk hmmm
x
Stefano46
Report 9 years ago
Hey gsc7
I see you have quite a few offers
I have a cass one for the same course as you hehe.
Anyway how did you write your personal statement?
I used "finance-related course" and included a load of accounting in too
I hope LSE won't be too annoyed about this
averagemind
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LFCDRM)
check out this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=786279&page=6
Thanks mate.
plainnash
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahaha, my apologies, the whole of my last post was intended to be said with a hint of sarcasm, but posting it late last night probably didn't do me any favours with the wording!

I guess it's just time to hope now, there's no more analysing I want to do here, everything seems to be guesswork on how the admissions department operates. It'd be great to actually get some inside info on how they DO work someday!
We can but dream.
rosathegreat
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by plainnash)
Has anyone heard if there's a gathered pile for International Relations?
Hopefully the demand isn't that high and there's no need for one.
Hopefully I survive this Friday and live to fight another day.
Hopefully I get my offer damn soon.

That's a lot of hope...

im in the gathered pile! not sure whether i should be happy or sad?? :p:
plainnash
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At least that's something, I've heard nothing back except the "Thanks for your application, we're going to make the next few months nail biting misery for you. Enjoy" email.
rosathegreat
Report 9 years ago
Theres actually a link that says what subjects they prefer for a&f...something like maths and an essay based subject such as business studies

well, as far as i know, LSE doesnt like subjects with the word "studies" in it. so instead of business studies, they'd prefer economics. but if your school doesnt offer econ, then that's another matter, but if had the choice and you chose bus. studies, then.....
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rosathegreat)
well, as far as i know, LSE doesnt like subjects with the word "studies" in it. so instead of business studies, they'd prefer economics. but if your school doesnt offer econ, then that's another matter, but if had the choice and you chose bus. studies, then.....
someone got rejected for having maths, further maths and economics...
rosathegreat
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by plainnash)
At least that's something, I've heard nothing back except the "Thanks for your application, we're going to make the next few months nail biting misery for you. Enjoy" email.

well, good luck to both of us! it might be cause you applied late? :confused: or they might be telling you of your outcome soon.....or just make you sit on your hands till march.....a cruel lot, arent they.....:shifty:
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
rosathegreat
Report 9 years ago

oops, sorry, my bad! seems like the requirements differ from subject to subject! sorry again!
plainnash
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well, good luck to both of us! it might be cause you applied late? :confused: or they might be telling you of your outcome soon.....or just make you sit on your hands till march.....a cruel lot, arent they.....:shifty:
Just checked Track now, my college sent my application on 10th December, so yeah it was a fairly late entry, still before the deadline though. Hopefully we'll both survive this Friday and get offers next week eh?
Haha if that happens, drinks on me!
Pandapple
Report 9 years ago
someone got rejected for having maths, further maths and economics...
thats still entirely possible... but i think grades come before subject combinations, really
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pandapple)
thats still entirely possible... but i think grades come before subject combinations, really
matching the entry requirements.
JohnKennedy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Perhaps LSE didn't like the fact that 2/3rds of his a-levels were purely mathematical... I think they like a good variety of subjects ie.Language+Science+Maths+Humani ties or something similar
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you think Maths + Science + Social Science is a good combination?
JohnKennedy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
depends which, but generally speaking that sounds good
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise