Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    He is top, top class. A sure pick for the German side next year. Do they play two up front, because both him and Gomez are in very, very good form.
    So far as I know they've largely played 4-2-3-1. Klose has started pretty well at Lazio and obviously always seems to raise his game for die mannschaft but Gomez is always going to start the big games in his current form.

ReputationRep:
    Extract from Graham Hunter's new book on Barca:
    'Ronaldinho & Deco were completely out of control; to unleash the power of Lionel Messi, they had to leave Barcelona'

ReputationRep:
    Quite a bit of interesting information about Messis fitness in there, I´m curious whether his special diet and therapy will be able to permanently keep him fit or if he will turn into a second Robben in a few years.

ReputationRep:
    Bayern v Dortmund is on later.

Pity I'm not in.

ReputationRep:
    BBC:

1538: Incredible story from Germany where the Bundesliga match between Cologne and Mainz was called off 40 minutes before kick-off after the referee tried to commit suicide. Babak Rafati was found in his hotel room less than two hours before the scheduled start time. The 41 year-old is in Hospital his condition is unknown.

ReputationRep:
    Oh WOW!

I thought it was strange when i say that it match was postponed.

ReputationRep:
    Bayern Dort, haven't been this excited for a bundesliga match for a while.

ReputationRep:
    And Gotze breaks the deadlock.

ReputationRep:
    Hope Arsenal sign Gotze, top class.

ReputationRep:
    Glad that Bayern lost, was really scared that they would run away with it.

Gotze :ahee: fat chance of that happening.

But Marco Reus on the other hand....................

ReputationRep:
    The ref judged the exact same situation as a handball when Robben did it, Götze doing that is fine apparently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Oh LOL.. Just finished watching the last 25 minutes of the best match of football I've seen all day. Academica 3 - 0 Porto

Vitor Pereira FTW!

In other news, Rodrigo continues to be awesome

ReputationRep:
    FML real madrid cheating as usual ramos or whoever it was stopping the ball going in at with 10 seconds left of play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    Oh LOL.. Just finished watching the last 25 minutes of the best match of football I've seen all day. Academica 3 - 0 Porto

Vitor Pereira FTW!

In other news, Rodrigo continues to be awesome
    Oh wow, what a shocker!

Bye bye VP?! Hmm. If we don't win on Wednesday then i actually think that's it from this guy.

It's a tricky situation, apart from a change of coach (which will obviously have an impact) nothing has really changed from this squad, one key player left, if anything we made ourselves a lot stronger with the players we signed. We've lacked with we not replacing Falcao but everywhere else strengthened, so the squad is completely the same and more.

VP has made some stupid decisions, like resting James for the past few games when he's clearly stood like a sore thumb this season as our best player, picking stupid defenders, not bringing our one and very few proper strikers on when we need a goal etc, but it doesn't really make much sense to why we're having such a contrast of a season.

Many Porto fans are losing their patience with VP now which is harsh. I mean, it was always going to be so hard to live up to how we performed last season with it just being one of those absolute dream seasons, and in the league we're winning, it's not pretty winning but who gives a damn when we're getting the 3 points and still level with you. A gap would be nice but then you lot have strengthened from last season and now the Sporting lot seem to be gelling a whole lot better than the start of the season and are looking great now so it's difficult to be getting that gap. Now we're out of the cup and so very nearly out of the CL so obviously people will get on his back, but who the hell will we get to go in his place?

Pedro Emanuel's name keeps popping up but will he really leave (dare i say that team right now) Academica after a couple of months in change? He's started off well and it's probably in his sights to be the manager of Porto but i do think there will be a million opportunities for him to manage us but i don't think it'll be right now if VP does go. I can't see him just turning his back on Academica so soon, i think he'd want to try and get a bit more of the managerial career behind him before he comes to us and he seems like he'd feel he owes that to Academica, surely? I could be completely wrong but i can't see him being our manager just yet, he will be though one day.

And now i'll shut up. But if we lose the CL game it'll be the fall of VP and if not that game than surely game against Braga would become a must win or else?

As for Rodrigo..he's kinda taken Nolito's place in scoring the goals at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    FML real madrid cheating as usual ramos or whoever it was stopping the ball going in at with 10 seconds left of play.
    Quite clearly hit his chest.

ReputationRep:
    Soldado is brilliant. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Matty-)
    Quite clearly hit his chest.
    Hit his chest then off his arm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    Hit his chest then off his arm.
    Not a penalty. All that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Reus´ hattrick

I honestly don´t think he is less talented than Götze, of course he is a bit older, but not all players develop at the same time in their or continue to develop beyond a certain point.

Edit: I replaced the removed video with one that works.

(Original post by Catilina)
    Reus´ hattrick

I honestly don´t think he is less talented than Götze, of course he is a bit older, but not all players develop at the same time in their or continue to develop beyond a certain point.
    Video removed by user as I was watching it. Just managed to catch Reus' first goal (which was nicely done :yep:).

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.