Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Watching Easy A. I'm officially head over heels in love with Emma Stone.
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
Watching Easy A. I'm officially head over heels in love with Emma Stone.
Maaaaan, me too.
tani.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Anyone see Black Swan?
not yet! but I want to watch it sooo badly [[:
aja89
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Watching Aladdin. In my opinion the greatest Disney film!
unknownking321
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Has anyone else watched the Kelly Brook lesbian sex scene in Piranha 3D? :holmes:
pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Madjackismad)

It says a lot when the director of the movie of one of the biggest Sony gaming franchises doesn't know who Nathan Fillion is. We need more people like Whedon.
:sad: That film is gonna blow. And I love the games.

And if Bruce Campbell isn't Sully I'll be ignoring it entirely..

:adore:
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by unknownking321)
Has anyone else watched the Kelly Brook lesbian sex scene in Piranha 3D? :holmes:
Yeah. Don't know if I'd really call that 'sex' though.
aja89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm loving my new sig. One of my very favourite films.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Guvnor)
Sounds good :top2:
How was Godfather/Inception? :holmes:

(Original post by Madjackismad)

It says a lot when the director of the movie of one of the biggest Sony gaming franchises doesn't know who Nathan Fillion is. We need more people like Whedon.
:facepalm2:

Kudos to that guy though! :K:
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Urkel)
Se7en, Juno, American Beauty, Memento, Little Miss Sunshine, Donnie Darko and Spirited Away are just some of my favourite movies. I generally like comedy, drama, thriller and sci-fi types. Oh, and anything with superheroes. :yes:

I was gonna say Mean Girls 2 as I really liked the first one. But after seeing the sequel's trailer, I think it's now geared more towards children.

How about you? :holmes: I'm sure you can make some good recommendations.
Mmm, I like your taste. :mmm:

Have you seen Howl's Moving Castle (going off Spirited Away) or The Prestige (going off Memento). Some good recommendations (random) would be Sunshine, Primer, Shutter Island and Scott Pilgrim.

Mean Girls 2 looks absolutely terrible. Yeah, Jace Falco, a regular who has temporarily gone AWOL, is pretty hyped Green Lantern too.

I'm personally looking forward to; Apollo 18, Source Code (somewhat), Fast Five (somewhat), Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (somewhat), The Hangover: Part II, Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom, X-Men: First Class, Super 8, Transformers: Dark of the Moon (somewhat), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Cowboys & Aliens, Johnny English Reborn (somewhat), Immortals, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Sherlock Holmes 2.
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:teeth: The Nightmare Before Christmas :teeth:
samanthaaaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
:teeth: The Nightmare Before Christmas :teeth:
Spirited Away and then the Nightmare Before Chrsitmas; a great morning of movies from the BBC. :ahee:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Mmm, I like your taste. :mmm:

Have you seen Howl's Moving Castle (going off Spirited Away) or The Prestige (going off Memento). Some good recommendations (random) would be Sunshine, Primer, Shutter Island and Scott Pilgrim.

Mean Girls 2 looks absolutely terrible. Yeah, Jace Falco, a regular who has temporarily gone AWOL, is pretty hyped Green Lantern too.

I'm personally looking forward to; Apollo 18, Source Code (somewhat), Fast Five (somewhat), Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (somewhat), The Hangover: Part II, Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom, X-Men: First Class, Super 8, Transformers: Dark of the Moon (somewhat), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Cowboys & Aliens, Johnny English Reborn (somewhat), Immortals, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Sherlock Holmes 2.
Agreed. Surprisingly, I actually liked the first one and I doubt the sequel will be anywhere near as good as the original.
samanthaaaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aja89)
I'm loving my new sig. One of my very favourite films.
I've watched quite a few Winona Ryder films/work recently. Little Women, Girl, Interrupted and the Friends episode which she starred in. :p: I might give Mermaids a watch later.

This reminds me, Edward Scissorhands is shown on channel4 on Christmas Day. :gah:
aja89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by samanthaaaa)
I've watched quite a few Winona Ryder films/work recently. Little Women, Girl, Interrupted and the Friends episode which she starred in. :p: I might give Mermaids a watch later.

This reminds me, Edward Scissorhands is shown on channel4 on Christmas Day. :gah:
Mermaids is great. And Winona Ryder is excellent!
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
Yeah. Don't know if I'd really call that 'sex' though.
Yeah, I was going to put sex in inverted commas but I couldn't be bothered.
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate snobby, crap film critics. Cosmo Landesman in the Sunday Times is an excellent example. Points of interest from this week:

1. He spoiled Catfish.
2. He then proceeded to give an incredibly superficial look at the film and criticising it because of that.
3. He said the visual in Tron Legacy were unspecial.
4. Burlesque was his highest rated release of the week (joint with Catfish).

It's not good to criticise the lack of depth in Tron if you then demonstrate just one review later that you can't appreciate depth when you see it. It's not good to review every film you watch without thinking about the intended audience. It's not good to make it a rarity to give out 4 stars, let alone 5. In short, it's not good to be a ****.
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't know whether to watch Black Swan on the small screen. :beard:
Firaila
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello film fanatics, thought I should bring this to you interest if you haven't heard already...

"The director Jafar Panahi has been sentenced to six years in prison and banned from film-making for 20 years due to what appear to be still cloudily formulated offences: chiefly the notion he was inciting protest and discontent with a documentary he was working on. Panahi is a well-known supporter of the Green movement and the opposition to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president. He has already been arrested and jailed several times following the democratic protests of 2009. "

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/...nejad&cat=film

What do you guys think of this?
Ape Gone Insane
Locke is just :beard: as a character.
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Locke is just :beard: as a character.
:teehee:

Keep watching.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed