Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarasta)
    Yeah same I want Thursday so bad that I've adopted some logic to make the wait go faster. For me nights usually fly by, so I end up sleeping late and waking up in the afternoon. By the the day is practically over. So like at the moment its six, Tuesday is pretty much over, in that it's night time soon and when I wake up tomorrow Wednesday will be practically over after a few hours it will be Thursday, broken logic maybe. But it makes me feel like the days are going by faster.
    Yeahh I get what you mean, I may try that, however I have to be up at 6:15 tomorrow morning because I'm taking my dad to work so that I can have the car. I'll go back to sleep though :P

ReputationRep:
    Less than 6 Hours till OCR grade boundaries are released

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueeyedgirl)
    Ask them?
    yeah he says..he has had his place confirmed since sunday and he thought this was normal! very strange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Fuculator)
    That wasn't me.
    Immature whoever it was With stress and anxiety running so high on this thread, I think it's wise to be careful is all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Bernadette is one of the few new characters I can stand. What upsets me is that, at the start, the show was geared to have jokes for nerds; jokes about trigonometric functions, calculus and actual Physics. These have been slowly phased out and the show has turned into jokes about nerds. Essentially I feel that when the show exploded into popularity it felt like it needed to stay there and began catering to the lowest common denominator. I would like episodes that are less of "Oh, he looks stupid recording himself with flags, hurr durr" and more genuinely funny scientific or mathematical jokes. The last one I can remember was in season 4: "What would you be if you were attached to a plane wrapped heligally around an axis? Screwed! There you go then."
    I kind of agree, but I never really felt the 'smart' jokes were believable anyway, and really made me think less of Sheldon. "I feel like an inverse tangent function approaching an asymptote!" = Stuck. What? Why need it be inverse, or even a tangent function? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah-95)
    I've been on instagram and some students have uploaded pictures of the new UCAS track having changed status and have said they have been accepted...how is this possible?? if UCAS doesn't go live till thursday.
    Name:  2tfljEl.png
Views: 514
Size:  9.1 KB

Quite easily edited, as you can see.. but I'm sure I edited something wrong in mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pak1994)
    I have to say that I don't know what I'd do in such a situation, and I can see the pros and cons of both options.
    Good luck anyway though, hopefully you'll have done better than you think anyway!
    thank you! hopefully all this worrying is for nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

It's meme time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    It's meme time :cool:
    Please no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holyfire)
    thank you! hopefully all this worrying is for nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly (if only I could tell myself this)!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly (if only I could tell myself this)!
    good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unashamed Geek)
    Nice. I am still not sure whether I want to do theoretical physics or maths yet, but at Queens as well

I would be happy with a B in geography after how I messed up one of the exams My other targets are high though
    I might see you at Elms village(?) at some point, you just won't know who I am and vice versa haha. Oh Theoretical sounds interesting. I was looking at Applied Maths with physics myself but we'll see what I get....

You'll get an A at least, the scaling should be generous...

ReputationRep:
    Interesting distraction. I hope it's not only for that reason...
    it's not :P me and my girlfriend are getting them done together before we go to uni but it gets me out of the house and away from freaking out for a while :P

because having someone come at your areola with a needle is an excellent way to stop freaking out :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Name:  2tfljEl.png
Views: 514
Size:  9.1 KB

Quite easily edited, as you can see.. but I'm sure I edited something wrong in mine

wow that looks so realistic...thanks..maybe he isn't telling the truth then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holyfire)
    good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I'm trying not to stress, but my family just doesn't help matters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    it's not :P me and my girlfriend are getting them done together before we go to uni but it gets me out of the house and away from freaking out for a while :P

because having someone come at your areola with a needle is an excellent way to stop freaking out :rolleyes:
    Good, because that would be quite an extreme way to go for a distraction...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Bernadette is one of the few new characters I can stand. What upsets me is that, at the start, the show was geared to have jokes for nerds; jokes about trigonometric functions, calculus and actual Physics. These have been slowly phased out and the show has turned into jokes about nerds. Essentially I feel that when the show exploded into popularity it felt like it needed to stay there and began catering to the lowest common denominator. I would like episodes that are less of "Oh, he looks stupid recording himself with flags, hurr durr" and more genuinely funny scientific or mathematical jokes. The last one I can remember was in season 4: "What would you be if you were attached to a plane wrapped heligally around an axis? Screwed! There you go then."
    Yeah, the thing is Bernadette is alright, I just preferred the Howard of season 1 and 2 who'd hit on anything with a pulse...his chat up lines were first class! .
    The fact that the show has deviated from what it was originally is really annoying. I completely agree with the bit in bold. The show used to stand out because of those jokes, it was different. Now its just too mainstream and bleurgh for lack of a better term.
    Leonard's become awfully mundane through the seasons as well.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted (good upto season 3ish).
    I'm off to start re-watching House from the start, that show never disappointed .

ReputationRep:
    Getting agonisingly close and i'm getting really scared.It's only AS so the feeling will be on a different level on results day next year,will all the hard work i thought i did during my exams pay off.I've literally prayed to God(s) since august and i'm so scared ergh If i don't get AAB i'm not going Kings.Too scared now.

ReputationRep:
    Good, because that would be quite an extreme way to go for a distraction...:eek:
    true :') but I would have a souvenir from this *distressing* time :P

ReputationRep:
    Teachers get our results tomorrow, right? :ashamed2:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.