Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiaislam13)
    Hi. Just wanted to know what score people usually get while practising VR on Medify with the 40 questions setting. I can't seem to ever get more than 24 which is quite frustrating >.< Also, are the official UKCAT VR practice questions a representation of the real thing?
    I got around the same in medify as well. The official UKCAT VR is actually a bit easier compared to the original test cause the texts are a bit longer and some of the t/f/ct questions arent as straight forward in the real test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiaislam13)
    Hi. Just wanted to know what score people usually get while practising VR on Medify with the 40 questions setting. I can't seem to ever get more than 24 which is quite frustrating >.< Also, are the official UKCAT VR practice questions a representation of the real thing?
    Damn should have used medify to revise for UKCAT. Everyone seems to use it and do well. I used free sources online and 1000 ukcat book to revise and did absolute horse sh•t.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I just did my UKCAT today.

600-VR (was getting 700+ in the medify mocks and even got 770 in one of them so be careful as the real exam is a lot harder for VR)
    680-AR
    850-QR (LOL I have NO idea how I got this but it's dragged my score up a lot!!
    SJ-Band 2 (was getting band 1 in all medify mocks but there are a lot less questions per scenario in the real thing and so there are a lot more scenarios to read and less time to answer questions!)

Total=2130
    Average=710!

Good luck to all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaydy3)
    Hi everyone, I just did my UKCAT today.

600-VR (was getting 700+ in the medify mocks and even got 770 in one of them so be careful as the real exam is a lot harder for VR)
    680-AR
    850-QR (LOL I have NO idea how I got this but it's dragged my score up a lot!!
    SJ-Band 2 (was getting band 1 in all medify mocks but there are a lot less questions per scenario in the real thing and so there are a lot more scenarios to read and less time to answer questions!)

Total=2130
    Average=710!

Good luck to all.
    Well done! Any advice for VR? Also what were you getting in medify mocks and official UKCAT for QR? Thank you 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    I meant to say for AS, perhaps they did A-levels in one year?
    Yeah, probably something like that - but I'm not entirely sure. I should've asked lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Whoah my application gets sent off next week... Lucky you!

I am sure you would be unique at Oxbridge haha. Your Scottish accent and 1st class degree from a great uni would be what you deserve

I love my family but to mee once a month on a weekend is a fair bit. I would come back maybe every holiday period (October, December, April, Summer). Don't have much problem being away but I do still love them very much <3

Oh wow! I never knew that for Edinburgh!!! If I lived away from home I would probs end up getting a house or something and living with some friends (either new ones or existing ones if they got in).

I am applying for a 5th because I don't really want to do Medicine that much to apply again. ESPECIALLY NOT THE UKCAT! -_-

But don't get me wrong, if you feel you could do well in BMAT and can leave home, go for it. Otherwise I would say it's going to be pretty hard to balance with school
    I would certainly be "unique" at Oxbridge lmao. And yeah maybe once a month is unrealistic... But what are you thinking for your fifth option I'm thinking of anatomy or neuroscience not sure though...XD

ReputationRep:
    If you have good grades, good ukcat score and good personal statement, then you should be fine and be receiving interview/s.

ReputationRep:
    BMAT is for universities like Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Brighton......
    worth considering

ReputationRep:
    just interested, what are your predicted grades. mine is A*AA maths bio chem

ReputationRep:
    what are the major medical issues right now??

ReputationRep:
    thinking of intercalated degreeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    what r ur extracurriculars. some people are up there likeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    has ukcat contacted you guys yet. i received email about the deciles till date and they said they will email us later about ucas uni choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Well done! Any advice for VR? Also what were you getting in medify mocks and official UKCAT for QR? Thank you 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL, forgot to mention that. I was getting 600 every time!

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing the mock UKCAT tests on the official UKCAT website and I have been getting very low scores, particularaly in the QR subtest (Highest average across all subtests has been 550, highest QR score 450) Are these mocks more difficult than the actual test or should I just practice more??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
    I've been doing the mock UKCAT tests on the official UKCAT website and I have been getting very low scores, particularaly in the QR subtest (Highest average across all subtests has been 550, highest QR score 450) Are these mocks more difficult than the actual test or should I just practice more??
    mocks are very very hard in comparison to real test x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    has ukcat contacted you guys yet. i received email about the deciles till date and they said they will email us later about ucas uni choices
    You received the email already? Or are they just sending the deciles to the applicants who did well on the ukcat? 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roman hang Limbu)
    I got Band 4 in my situational judgement. Do i still have hope? should i still consider applying?
    If I were you, I would take the risk and apply!
    Remember, you've got nothing to lose!
    You can also take a gap year and apply next year if there is no positive outcome.
    Good luck with the rest of your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    mocks are very very hard in comparison to real test x
    Omg tysm I can't tell you how much of a relief that is!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roman hang Limbu)
    Damn should have used medify to revise for UKCAT. Everyone seems to use it and do well. I used free sources online and 1000 ukcat book to revise and did absolute horse sh•t.
    What score did u get and the Band?
    (I don't think anyone did as bad as me lol)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.