Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    You're very easily influenced. Perhaps make your own opinions rather than viewing certain individuals as the source of all knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So people cannot agree with other people then ? so nobody can vote the same way as each other , or have the same political views as each other ? By you're logic that is what you are suggesting ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    So people cannot agree with other people then ? so nobody can vote the same way as each other , or have the same political views as each other ? By you're logic that is what you are suggesting ?
    You seem to think anyone who agrees with your viewpoint is wonderful and a beacon of all knowledge, hence you drooling over farage's poor performance on itv last week when even the brexit camp thought he was rubbish.

You're very impressionable.
    Reminds me of when I asked you to name one eu directive that harms small businesses and you said the one that ensures they have safe lifts...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You're very easily influenced. Perhaps make your own opinions rather than viewing certain individuals as the source of all knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If this is the video of him on the Beeb about the £30bn you have to be an idiot to buy it. First the case for an emergency budget it simply not there, there is not the need for it, it can probably wait until the next budget (I bet you're the 1 in 5 that buys the economy is going to expire into a million pieces), the cuts do not have to be there, that is simply the most politicially powerful way of finding £30bn, it doesn't have to be done all in one go, and as Andrew Neil kept asking Gauke about with no response, that is not how you deal with a recession.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    If this is the video of him on the Beeb about the £30bn you have to be an idiot to buy it. First the case for an emergency budget it simply not there, there is not the need for it, it can probably wait until the next budget (I bet you're the 1 in 5 that buys the economy is going to expire into a million pieces), the cuts do not have to be there, that is simply the most politicially powerful way of finding £30bn, it doesn't have to be done all in one go, and as Andrew Neil kept asking Gauke about with no response, that is not how you deal with a recession.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm glad you agree Osborne is hopelessly incompetent and dishonest. I've been saying that for years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm glad you agree Osborne is hopelessly incompetent and dishonest. I've been saying that for years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Excellent defence.

The threat to be incompetent and actually being incompetent are not the same thing, although he is hardly the most competent of chancellors

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got the leaflets begging people to convince their friends/family to vote remain? I'm not a brexiter, but it seems the in campaign is getting a bit desperate..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by emmald583)
    Anyone else got the leaflets begging people to convince their friends/family to vote remain? I'm not a brexiter, but it seems the in campaign is getting a bit desperate..
    The personality politics anti Farage one?

I would say the threat of s revenge budget was more desperate, Osborne is so desperate he will throw away his job to get into Cameron's bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The personality politics anti Farage one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The very same.

"Those close to you will trust your views more than those of politicians" - I wonder why?!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The very same.

"Those close to you will trust your views more than those of politicians" - I wonder why?!
    Maybe that's why leave is winning, people ignoring the politicians

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Nope, haven't seen them.
    And to be fair the polls have them loosing so it's reasonable for them to be scared. There are just far too many lies in the referendum, on both sides, and when even the politicians don't understand what they are talking about sometimes this referendum has made me sick of democracy:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Nope, haven't seen them.
    And to be fair the polls have them loosing so it's reasonable for them to be scared. There are just far too many lies in the referendum, on both sides, and when even the politicians don't understand what they are talking about sometimes this referendum has made me sick of democracy:lol:
    They had to admit on the leaflet that in some poll they were endorsing, both sides got 41% :laugh:

What I don't think they realise is that the constant scaremongering (on both sides) isn't effective for those who are more politically aware; I'm beginning to get a bit sick of Remain's spurious threats (don't vote leave or your house might fall down and you'll never have a job again)!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    They had to admit on the leaflet that in some poll they were endorsing, both sides got 41% :laugh:

What I don't think they realise is that the constant scaremongering (on both sides) isn't effective for those who are more politically aware; I'm beginning to get a bit sick of Remain's spurious threats (don't vote leave or your house might fall down and you'll never have a job again)!
    But that doesn't matter because those who are politically aware will already have made up their minds. The fear is to scare the nieve into action.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

a poll 3 weeks ago no less, when it was a rogue poll, not even now when remain ahead are the rogue polls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    But that doesn't matter because those who are politically aware will already have made up their minds. The fear is to scare the nieve into action.
    True. I wonder how outraged they'll be when they realise none of it was true?

a poll 3 weeks ago no less, when it was a rogue poll, not even now when remain ahead are the rogue polls.
    I have a feeling they're going to be relying on those extremely trustworthy polls to save face now they're losing.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    True. I wonder how outraged they'll be when they realise none of it was true?

I have a feeling they're going to be relying on those extremely trustworthy polls to save face now they're losing.
    I can't help.but feel that theyll never know.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    The In campaign has been desperate for quite a while now, probably starting when Cameron predicated WWIII. Not that I wish to help the In side, but I don't get what's hard about them pitching a positive case to remain in the EU rather than the doom and gloom tactics which only get you so far. I can only conclude that there is no positive case to be made. Mind you, I can't wait to vote Leave next week.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Apparently a Labour MP has been shot by a terrorist shouting 'Britain first'. Now I wonder if we're going to see all the righties crowding round with cries of condemnation and loudly publicising how the right wing has a violent anti-left-winger problem.....nah, thought not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Apparently a Labour MP has been shot by a terrorist shouting 'Britain first'. Now I wonder if we're going to see all the righties crowding round with cries of condemnation and loudly publicising how the right wing has a violent anti-left-winger problem.....nah, thought not.
    The reports I heard was caught in crossfire, not that we will know what happened until late tonight at the earliest.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    The reports I heard was caught in crossfire, not that we will know what happened until late tonight at the earliest.
    Given that she's a Labour MP it's hard to imagine that it wasn't a targeted attack, particularly if it's true that the attacker was shouting 'Britain first'.

I may be wrong on this, but my prediction would be that this kind of attack will increase dramatically in frequency over the next few months.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Given that she's a Labour MP it's hard to imagine that it wasn't a targeted attack, particularly if it's true that the attacker was shouting 'Britain first'.

I may be wrong on this, but my prediction would be that this kind of attack will increase dramatically in frequency over the next few months.
    You don't mean because she's Labour, you mean because she's remain. It's also worth noting that this sort of incident does happen every few years

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.