Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Congrats! Why do you think your interview went dreadfully? That's quite a high offer tbh, I'd expect an offer of AAAC for 4 A levels. My interview went so badly, in my feedback they mentioned I was too nervous three times lol. I hope you get the grades, fingers crossed for you! Btw how do you feel your exams went?
    Aha thanks I think it'd hit me really hard if I didn't get the grades - Medicine's so tough got some rejections too. Worried about getting that A* in Bio or Chem tbf.

I thought it went badly because when I was asked, "How would you resolve the Junior Doctor Crisis?" after I finished talking one of the interviewers said "That's not a good answer. You're going to have to better than that." But I think that was the only major slip so I made the cut. I'm really sorry to hear that tho I honestly thought you got in.

What grades do u need and where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    About 40 hours of awake time remaining..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Scottish lads taking em all mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milutin767)
    I'm in that stage where I go onto youtube and watch 'results day reactions' fml.
    what a time to be alive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiehaddad)
    I feel the same way! What course?
    Medicine

ReputationRep:
    So this is my 2nd time around waiting for A2 results and it doesn't seem to get any better, though at least this year I know there is no point in even trying to sleep. I am just hoping I don't have to go near clearing again as it was rather traumatic last year with some rather horrible people on the other end at points. How ever my insurance this year was my firm last year and if I had the grades I have now, I would have got in last year xD. Since last year I was 1/400 marks away from a grade boundary in one subject and 1/600 marks away from a grade boundary in another. So I will just hope that with grade inflation being gone for now I will be able to get in.

ReputationRep:
    I remember a time when I could fall asleep...

I'm bricking it, the nerves are starting to set in. i'm only AS but if I don't do as well as I had hoped...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    I'm bricking it, the nerves are starting to set in. i'm only AS but if I don't do as well as I had hoped...
    Did you do as maths? Because

I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anywayC1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67C2- 73M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about Do you think I'd manage the

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Congrats! Why do you think your interview went dreadfully? That's quite a high offer tbh, I'd expect an offer of AAAC for 4 A levels. My interview went so badly, in my feedback they mentioned I was too nervous three times lol. I hope you get the grades, fingers crossed for you! Btw how do you feel your exams went?
    Thought offers were usually on 3 subjects didn't think 4 alevels were needed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiehaddad)
    Are examiners reports released alongside grade boundaries?
    For AQA yes although you need to ask your teacher (or someone with access to post here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    I'm only AS and I know the feeling

I can't sleep
    I know we can always apply post-A2 if we really mess up but if I really mess up its going to wreck me personally... I'll struggle to get over it 😓

ReputationRep:
    I guess tomorrow by this time I'll know if I got in or not ...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Grade Boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard82)
    I was asked, "How would you resolve the Junior Doctor Crisis?"
    Is that what Medicine interviews are like?

I would have been like 'B!tch I'm applying to do Medicine, not Politics! I wanna learn about organs and illnesses n 'sh!t, not how to shorten NHS waiting times!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Is that what Medicine interviews are like?

I would have been like 'B!tch I'm applying to do Medicine, not Politics! I wanna learn about organs and illnesses n 'sh!t, not how to shorten NHS waiting times!'
    Haha ikr that one was a bit of a curve ball. But tbh it was all over the news. My friend got asked in their Medicine interview, "If you could bring back three people from the dead and have a dinner party with them, who would they be?" Glad I didn't get that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    Did you do as maths? Because

I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anywayC1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67C2- 73M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about Do you think I'd manage the
    If u look all the m1 grade boundaries for an a are in the 50s anyway so I wouldn't fret anyway ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Summertime sadness
    So bittersweet!

ReputationRep:
    : O Will there be 300 pages on this thread by Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    : O Will there be 300 pages on this thread by Thursday?
    I think they'll be more😐

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Ah, I hope you meet your offer - I feel nervous too! UCL is a wonderful place and to study there would be a dream. Good luck!
    Aha yeah hopefully we will both be able to study there and the dream can become a reality

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.