Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Johnson on for Lennon, Bent off for Gerrard and Hudd off for anyone at all. His inclusion in the 30 surprised me more than if Sol had sneaked in.

Frankly him being fielded is embarrassing.
    I think your being very harsh, what has he done wrong?

ReputationRep:
    When he gets played in as he needs to be (the system suiting him to do this), then he always makes a nice cut-back, penetrates the backline or has a good shot.

He is a better finisher than Lennon, he's a stronger crosser of the ball and he's got better pace.

There isn't a better option for the right side.

Honestly, how can you justify someone else playing on the right?

Walcott isn't the finished article, and he isn't World Class. But neither is anybody else... The team needs to learn to hit it in front of him so he can burn the fullback.
    Come off it, Lennon is better in every department, given you may be right about Walcott being a yard quicker, but Lennon's quick enough.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Walcott should be going of, not Lennon. Walcott for Gerrard tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent choices to come off, based on the last 45.

I'm really hoping SWP and Lennon have a storming 45 minutes. Make sure Walcott's not going.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott deserves a place in the final 23 as much as he did last time...

ReputationRep:
    When he gets played in as he needs to be (the system suiting him to do this), then he always makes a nice cut-back, penetrates the backline or has a good shot.

He is a better finisher than Lennon, he's a stronger crosser of the ball and he's got better pace.

There isn't a better option for the right side.

Honestly, how can you justify someone else playing on the right?

Walcott isn't the finished article, and he isn't World Class. But neither is anybody else... The team needs to learn to hit it in front of him so he can burn the fullback.
    Walcott isn't even that much quicker than Lennon and Lennon is much better at crossing than Walcott.

Need to get the Arsenal specs of mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Only Spain have a team full of individual talents. Check the Brazil squad, it's vastly inferior to that in 2006.
    I suspect you underrate Fabiano criminally... Then again: Alves, Maicon, Lucio, Robinho, Kaka, Pato are enough to give any team in the world problems.

Ronaldinho should have gone, of course, though.

ReputationRep:
    Pato's not going to the World Cup either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Walcott isn't even that much quicker than Lennon and Lennon is much better at crossing than Walcott.

Need to get the Arsenal specs of mate.
    Lennon is actually famed for not being able to put the ball past the first man, more often than not. Theo made a few decent crosses at least.

It's nothing to do with Arsenal... this is England, and I loathe them all equally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Excellent choices to come off, based on the last 45.

I'm really hoping SWP and Lennon have a storming 45 minutes. Make sure Walcott's not going.
    :yep: and Joe Cole.

ReputationRep:
    Lennon has improved so much over the past few season its unreal. Lampard Gerrard midfield :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I suspect you underrate Fabiano criminally... Then again: Alves, Maicon, Lucio, Robinho, Kaka, Pato are enough to give any team in the world problems.

Ronaldinho should have gone, of course, though.
    Fabiano is quality. I was going to back him for the Golden Boot before I saw their squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Oh, and Lennon is much much much much better than Walcott.
    This is at the very least a magnificent exaggeration. What are you basing this on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Fabiano is quality. I was going to back him for the Golden Boot before I saw their squad.
    I may well back him, if the odds are right.

Won the bet with Klose last time :coma:

Villa is the safe bet.

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I want England to win the World Cup to piss off the bitter Scots and RobbieC.

ReputationRep:
    Lennon is actually famed for not being able to put the ball past the first man, more often than not. Theo made a few decent crosses at least.

It's nothing to do with Arsenal... this is England, and I loathe them all equally.
    No, Lennon was famed for that, if you have seen him play this season you would know that he has vastly improved in pretty much every department, especially in his crosses, whereas Walcott hasn't.

Edit: Cannot believe Lamps has missed another penalty :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    This is at the very least a magnificent exaggeration. What are you basing this on?
    Maybe because Lennon can beat his man and provide good crosses? Walcott's crosses are average, bar a few. Spurs struggled without Lennon when he was injured for a while as he was their creative spark down the right, only really solved when they moved Modric into the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    No, Lennon was famed for that, if you have seen him this season you would know that he has vastly improved in pretty much every department, especially in his crosses, whereas Walcott hasn't.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. Missed 2 in a row...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.