Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Unless you want to watch some 2nd string Arsenal side try their best to throw away a 3 goal lead (or probably conspire to go up 5-0 just so they can beat the Newcastle record) then I suggest you do something else productive
    The Arsenal second string used to always batter us in cup competitions tbh

Baptista

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    The Arsenal second string used to always batter us in cup competitions tbh

Baptista

Remember it like it was yesterday :daydreaming:

Liverpool >>> Chelsea
    Chelsea >>> Arsenal
    Arsenal >>> Liverpool

Always amazed me :rolleyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    generally true in the past, generally!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No competition but a good half to settle things a bit after the weekend, some nice football to watch, too.

Bendtner's been impressive, I heard somewhere the other day that according to opta, in terms of chance conversion he's currently the third best in Europe. Obviously his lack of minutes plays a large part in that, but it's impressive nonetheless. I feel that one of the main problems he used to have was that he dropped back to try and help out/create, but never got forward at the right times (and obviously his finishing), but it's looking like his game is really coming together a bit better and he's combining the two well. His first goal was a great header and the second a lovely finish, the opposition may not be that great, but both goals involved some great individual ability which has to be credited.

Defensively we've been ****, Miquel looks decent on the ball with time, but not great under pressure, Almunia's not had much to do, but what he has done has been solid and Gibbs has been okay, too. But... Squillaci has been sloppy again, a couple of poor passes under no pressure and I think it must have been him that let their striker through for that great chance at 1-0. Eboue's not having a great game either, whenever he's tried to beat a man he's been dispossessed and whenever he cuts inside his lack of a left foot has been very apparent. Overall, fairly disappointing from that perspective, but considering they're only squad players it's not a massive concern, atm. Eboue certainly has the ability to improve when needed, he just seems to **** about too much against lower opposition, not sure Squillers does, though.

Hopefully another solid half and a few more goals, Bendy hat trick perhaps, I get the feeling he could really do with it for a confidence booster.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that would've been a lovely goal from Diaby.

This is all we've wanted from this second string the entire season, just put some effort in and have a go at these lower league sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    What a ridiculous line-up. :facepalm2:
    (Original post by Skaiyote)
    ^ What Overs said.
    :nothing:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Exactly this. Having a mixture of ****-ups and players who take indifference to a whole new level is just :facepalm2:
    Maybe Wenger is trying to "honourably" leave this competition
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    We are looking at a potential cluster**** tonight
    I think you've played quite well so far

(Original post by jit987)
    We will win 3-0!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe Not......
    Maybe more?

ReputationRep:
    "Orient have a go" being sung by Orient and Arsenal fans :rofl2::rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Diaby, like Bendtner, was excellent at times last season. The Diaby-Song-Cesc midfield was quite excellent. However Diaby was too inconsistent and he blew it when the rest of the team got injured, basically if the rest of the team doesn't play well then he doesn't either. Not going to start ahead of Wilshere this season but he shouldn't be sold imo.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Agree a lot with this. Ramsay should also be ahead of him in the pecking order if he doesn't pick up form.

Denilson, Chamakh and Rosicky way below par tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I think Diaby does well either when the opposition ain't the best, like today or when he has two hard working midfielders alongside him so he can be as lazy as he wants. When we had Denilson in there with Diaby it didn't work, but in Cesc's absence Diaby could do quite well alongside Wilshere and Song.

Nice work from Gibbs, come on Bendtner, hat trick!

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner, future prolific striker

ReputationRep:
    Gibbs and Henderson have played well. Hatrick for Bendtner. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Gibbs with his skills

ReputationRep:
    bender 3/3

ReputationRep:
    wtf was bendtner doing there.. hospital pass.

ReputationRep:
    was that bendtner with that risky pass....trying to give them a chance backin?!

ReputationRep:
    Squalacci (sp? ) just proved his idiocy. Add him to the first list.

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner's head will probably explode soon.

ReputationRep:
    still some time left for nasri to get injured

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer Bendtner to lead the line in the big fixtures coming up rather than Chamakh. Overmars' suggestion about Arshavin up top is interesting but it's true that Wenger won't do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.