The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5280
Original post by HereBeDragons
When Amy was talking to Melody at the start, she implied that the Lone Centurion was a well-known warrior - so maybe it was to command the respect needed to summon an army, and walk into the command ship of the 12th Cyber Legion?

Perhaps, although the Lone Centurion was from before the Doctor rebooted the universe, so no-one should really remember him.

More interestingly, how does River plan on taking them home? The Doctor took the TARDIS, and I doubt those little spaceship things are fast enough to get the back to Earth in less than a decade...

Maybe, she take them home using whatever method she used to get there in the first place.
If Amy was cloned before America (which the Doctor said she was), future doctor must have known and he must have invited a version of Amy that he knew would already be cloned...
Original post by HereBeDragons

More interestingly, how does River plan on taking them home? The Doctor took the TARDIS, and I doubt those little spaceship things are fast enough to get the back to Earth in less than a decade...

Original post by Gemini92

Maybe, she take them home using whatever method she used to get there in the first place.

Did you guess not notice the huge flash of light before River appeared? She was using a Vortex Manipulator, easy for her to get people home :smile:
Original post by sleekchic
How has no one mentioned the tongue or do I have an extremely dirty mind?

You know the Victorian Siluran's tongue in the scene in which she's talking to her lesbian lover - Jenny and she asks Jenny why she puts up with her and then the incredibly long tongue comes out and they share a knowing look.

Did no one else see that?

Me and my boyfriend burst out laughing at that scene. I'm definitely in the group wanting a spinoff with those two :tongue:
Original post by Pandora.
Just a thought - usually, the series would be finished well before the next series started filming. But with part 6b being shown in the autumn, surely filming photos would leak and we'd know who the next companion would be before the end of the series? This is assuming filming starts in July/August, but I might be wrong or that's the Christmas special. Which is more likely :s-smilie:

Filming hasn't started for 6B yet. They said it'll start in 3 weeks (iirc)

It seems like Doctor will be companionless at least at start of 6B, because he left Amy and Rory behind.
Original post by greeneyedgirl

It seems like Doctor will be companionless at least at start of 6B, because he left Amy and Rory behind.

I thought they had, there were spoilers to River's identity (being Melody) because someone leaked part of Episode 13 or something... :s-smilie:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

What about the clips from

Spoiler

in the series 6 trailer, and the filming photos/video from episodes 8 and 13? :confused: Sorry if that sounds rude, I don't mean it to. I'm genuinely confused :s-smilie:
EDIT: Beaten to it by Stargate :shakecane:
(edited 12 years ago)
Why is it 6b? Wasn't the finale ep7? And haven't we seen stills from the next ep?
Original post by Stargatecrazy
I thought they had, there were spoilers to River's identity (being Melody) because someone leaked part of Episode 13 or something... :s-smilie:

Original post by Pandora.
What about the clips from

Spoiler

in the series 6 trailer, and the filming photos/video from episodes 8 and 13? :confused: Sorry if that sounds rude, I don't mean it to. I'm genuinely confused :s-smilie:
EDIT: Beaten to it by Stargate :shakecane:

I thought I saw it on BBC webpage...but after a quick look I think I must have dreamt it! Obv going insane!
ffffffffff

b)Would a 'primitive' sonic screwdriver really turn off a forcefield? Idk... It doesn't seem that the headless monks had a viable plan

Oi! Don't diss the sonic!

Original post by U.S Lecce
Did anyone get the last episode? I just watched (admitedly with one eye on the pc every now and then), however i couldn't understand what happened. Amy gave birth, the dr and her husband came to resuce her but the baby was kidnapped because she is special:curious:. Who's the woman with the eye patch, and what's the deal with the doctors friend/gf with the wavy hair? Is she from the past or the future? Is she the doctors wife, whilst being amy a rorys daughter at the same time?

Ahh my brain!

Have you watched any of New Who? Especially series 5 and 6?

The woman with the eyepatch was Madame Kovarian. She's been poppiung up throughout series 6, and it was revealed last episode and this episode that she's kind of a glorified midwife. She's working for someone, but it's not entirely clear who yet, although it would be a good bet she's working for the SIlence, whether it be directly or indirectly.

The Doctor's "friend/gf" as you put it, is River Song,

Spoiler

She was first introduced in the series 4 episodes, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, written by Steven Moffat. It was heavily implied until Day of the Moon that she shared some kind of relationship with the Doctor, with speculation that she might be his future wife, and in the aforementioned episode, they shared his first kiss/her last kiss together.

To whomever asked how the Doctor knew where Amy was, he got Rory to find that out from the Cybermen battle fleet.

And with everyone else asking where the Doctor went, I thought it was very heavily implied that he was going to go to the Gamma Forest (another greek letter there BTW), since there were so many mentions of it, especially with Lorna Bucket meeting a future version of the Doctor there.

EDIT: Ah, son of a Judoon, anyone know what the tag is for strikethrough is these days?
EDIT2: I suppose it's also possible that the Doctor might be going back to 1969, since he's figured out that the girl in the spacesuit was Melody.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
Oi! Don't diss the sonic!

Have you watched any of New Who? Especially series 5 and 6?

The woman with the eyepatch was Madame Kovarian. She's been poppiung up throughout series 6, and it was revealed last episode and this episode that she's kind of a glorified midwife. She's working for someone, but it's not entirely clear who yet, although it would be a good bet she's working for the SIlence, whether it be directly or indirectly.

The Doctor's "friend/gf" as you put it, is River Song,

Spoiler

She was first introduced in the series 4 episodes, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, written by Steven Moffat. It was heavily implied until Day of the Moon that she shared some kind of relationship with the Doctor, with speculation that she might be his future wife, and in the aforementioned episode, they shared his first kiss/her last kiss together.

To whomever asked how the Doctor knew where Amy was, he got Rory to find that out from the Cybermen battle fleet.

And with everyone else asking where the Doctor went, I thought it was very heavily implied that he was going to go to the Gamma Forest (another greek letter there BTW), since there were so many mentions of it, especially with Lorna Bucket meeting a future version of the Doctor there.

Cheers :borat:
What was the climax supposed to be..? Although the identity of River Song is significant, it doesn't really pose any painful holes in Doctor Who as much as Moffat suggested.. The baby is a 'ganger', but she'll end up doing fine (...well, thats down to interpretation :P ), so theres no major problem there. I think Moffat said the climax would be so important it would have a 'make-you-wanting-more' effect, but the only effect I had was one of a slightly (yet more expected) suprise.
Original post by ffffffffff
What was the climax supposed to be..? Although the identity of River Song is significant, it doesn't really pose any painful holes in Doctor Who as much as Moffat suggested.. The baby is a 'ganger', but she'll end up doing fine (...well, thats down to interpretation :P ), so theres no major problem there. I think Moffat said the climax would be so important it would have a 'make-you-wanting-more' effect, but the only effect I had was one of a slightly (yet more expected) suprise.

The fact that the love of the Doctor is actually the daughter of Amy and Rory and that she ends up killing herself to save the Doctor isn't important? We do want more, we want to see how the following events ultimately lead to River turning up as part of the team at the library.
Reply 5293
maybe River was not the little regenerating girl, but perhaps it was Lorna bucket? crazy suggestion but maybe...
Original post by Madjackismad
The fact that the love of the Doctor is actually the daughter of Amy and Rory and that she ends up killing herself to save the Doctor isn't important? We do want more, we want to see how the following events ultimately lead to River turning up as part of the team at the library.

I don't. I was never a River fan so couldn't give a **** about her life story and DW will go down in my estimation if that's the plan for it!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
6B as in the next episodes up to 13? The filming for those finishes ages ago. Filming for the Christmas special starts in July.

EDIT: Beaten to it. Seen your reply.

When does the filming for a new series usually begin?
Original post by Madjackismad

Well yeah. But importance doesn't necessitate significance, many people have died for the Doctor, and they aren't notably remembered. This has prioritised and exemplified in the latest episode and further, the entirety of the whole Dr. Who series. I can't see how it can get any more interesting regarding River Song, because we know who she is, and now I think people will be more interested regarding where the baby is, which is itself not as interesting because we know she'll grow to be the current self. Although it is obvious the River Song is no average martyr, as she's part Time-Lord and is Amy's daughter. I personally think the Doctor's death is the most anxious area of the series because we are unsure how that will be solved.
I'm still firmly in the 'the little girl is River and the Doctor's daughter' category :erm: :colondollar: :tongue:

EDIT: Why the neg? It's just a theory...sheesh
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Stargatecrazy
I'm still firmly in the 'the little girl is River and the Doctor's daughter' category :erm: :colondollar: :tongue:

Is there room in that category for me?
Original post by olivea
maybe River was not the little regenerating girl, but perhaps it was Lorna bucket? crazy suggestion but maybe...

That would have been a lot better in hindsight, and you could have done much more with her storyline.

Latest