The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who wants mark schemes and papers. I'll post the link if u want them :smile: this is for the recent edexcel igcse june 2013
Its nearly here !!:eek:
Reply 5282
Original post by popburrow
When do the exam boards start releasing the grade bounaries? Is it tonight at 12am?

I think the main boards release them at around midnight, but WJEC doesn't until the morning from what I've gathered
Reply 5283
Original post by parasagarwal01
Who wants mark schemes and papers. I'll post the link if u want them :smile: this is for the recent edexcel igcse june 2013

Could you send it via personal message
Reply 5285
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Well teachers get them on Wednesday, so we can rule that out. I'd imagine they'll probably be sent to schools today, but perhaps some will have already been sent? Not sure.

i dont think the results get sent out in physical form. that'd be too risky. easy for things to be late, or get lost etc. What i believe happens is that at some point on wednesday, the exams officer is able to access the results online. So your school prints the results out and puts them in envelopes. This also explains why the results for different schools are given in different formats. At least i think this is what happens. If i'm wrong can someone correct me?
if anyone gets the grade boundaries please post up a link here.

Thank You!!
Original post by dopeyboi
i dont think the results get sent out in physical form. that'd be too risky. easy for things to be late, or get lost etc. What i believe happens is that at some point on wednesday, the exams officer is able to access the results online. So your school prints the results out and puts them in envelopes. This also explains why the results for different schools are given in different formats. At least i think this is what happens. If i'm wrong can someone correct me?

Ok so with Edexcel all centres are Registered with Edexcel therefore our schools get the results 1 day prior to the actual results day i.e tomorrow. Therefore in some schools if you're really good friends with your head/ someone who has access to the results then you can know your results 1 day before.
As for the printed results. They are sent from edexcel to the centre where you have to pick it up. The schools never print the results slip.
Mostly students get to check out their results on results day via the edexcel results plus direct feature.
hoping that the grade boundaries are decent hehehe :biggrin:
Hey, I was wondering on enrolement day do we need to take all of our results or just the results we get on the 22nd because I've take a few GCSE's early (maths, IGCSE maths, core and additional science, IGCSE english and the RE short course) therefore I'm assuming that they won't be on my results slip on Thursday.
It's done online, your school is the one who puts them onto paper etc, with grade boundaries etc being released for them to see the day before for prep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5291
Original post by parasagarwal01
Ok so with Edexcel all centres are Registered with Edexcel therefore our schools get the results 1 day prior to the actual results day i.e tomorrow. Therefore in some schools if you're really good friends with your head/ someone who has access to the results then you can know your results 1 day before.
As for the printed results. They are sent from edexcel to the centre where you have to pick it up. The schools never print the results slip.
Mostly students get to check out their results on results day via the edexcel results plus direct feature.

oh, i see. would have been great if i could get all my result online on thursday...
Reply 5292
Original post by LikeNarnia
It's done online, your school is the one who puts them onto paper etc, with grade boundaries etc being released for them to see the day before for prep

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, that would make more sense to me...
Original post by meadhbh 3
Cool, so out of those which are ones you're taking on for a level? Did all your exams go smoothly then? :smile:

I'm hopefully doing Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Spanish. Which subjects are you doing? I thought that generally they went quite well but I guess I'll find out on Thirsday.
1 day 23 hours 49 mins 🙈ahhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What time can you guys go to pick up your results? Like what time does your school open for collection??? Mine's 10:00am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snikutsmullac
GCSEs with CCEA are released tomorrow.

Well, we're meant to get our results on Thursday but she accidentally sent us an email saying it was today so yeah.
Original post by Sulfur
You can't impress everyone, it seems. :unimpressed:

:five:
BTW I thought I'd take this opportunity to let you know how impressed I am with your avatar:tongue:
Reply 5298
What time are edexcel grade boundaries released to students online?
Original post by Johnny96
Hey, I was wondering on enrolement day do we need to take all of our results or just the results we get on the 22nd because I've take a few GCSE's early (maths, IGCSE maths, core and additional science, IGCSE english and the RE short course) therefore I'm assuming that they won't be on my results slip on Thursday.

I think you should take all of the results slips for the exams you did early too (I don't think they're printed on the sheet: CORRECT ME IF I'M WORNG AS I'M IN THE SAME BOAT:biggrin:),just to be on the safe side and make the enrolment day more easier

Latest