Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by holyfire)
    Ah you had bad teachers too? we had to do Feminine Gospels by Duffy, most of which I wasn't a fan of. That section went better than the extract though I literally made the context bits up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, one was absolutely terrible. We spent months on one book and so ran out of time for the others. Even then I had to teach most of it myself. She also refused to mark my coursework originally because it was 100 words over. I had no clue what I was doing and wanted a bit of direction! Oh I see! I made up a lot of my last one

What makes it worse, is that there always seems to be issues with marking in English Lit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    Getting agonisingly close and i'm getting really scared.It's only AS so the feeling will be on a different level on results day next year,will all the hard work i thought i did during my exams pay off.I've literally prayed to God(s) since august and i'm so scared ergh If i don't get AAB i'm not going Kings.Too scared now.
    Me too! What subjects are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Deziah)
    Teachers get our results tomorrow, right? :ashamed2:
    Sadly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    true :') but I would have a souvenir from this *distressing* time :P
    I guess so, 'souvenir' would be an interesting take on it.

Yep. Schools get results tomorrow as they have to print them off and put them in envelopes etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Is there any way we can sticky this or make it show up everywhere? So people stop asking the same questions.

When will track update?
    Between 6-8am. Emails will be sent in waves starting at 8:10am.

TRACK WILL NOT UPDATE AT MIDNIGHT, IF YOU THINK IT WILL. FINE. WASTE YOUR NIGHT ON IT :bigsmile:

When are grade boundaries released?
    OCR and Edexcel: 12am Wednesday - 12am Thursday (Likely they'll be out when you wake up, so just sleep )

AQA: Wednesday (Again, after midnight though, but when you've woken up)

CCEA+WJEC: Thursday (WJEC in my experience update after 8am with their raw mark conversion)

Results or Track?
    Depends on when your college opens, it is personal preference and entirely up to you.

Will my firm accept me with A*AB when my offer is AAA?
    If your track says unconditional, you're in. If it says rejected, you're not. If it says conditional, phone in! (also, you can probably phone with a rejection too).

Now, A*AB is equivalent in terms of UCAS points but your university may not accept that. Chances are track will have told you anyway. Phone up if you receive these grades.

It also depends what the B grade is in, if you're an engineer and the B is is Maths, chances are they'll say no. And say the A* is in Biology, again. Chances are slim, if at all existent.

Rejected: Call up. (slimmer chance)
    Unconditional: Celebrate.
    Conditional: Call up.
    We've got all of this covered in various places in the guidance that's already available, but I've put an amended version of this into the OP.

ReputationRep:
    I am gonna send my OCD medical proof today in a moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    We've got all of this covered in various places in the guidance that's already available, but I've put an amended version of this into the OP.
    :lol: people need to read the damn OP.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Correct, I think that's why my mum has went away for a few days as she can't tell me before Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Correct, I think that's why my mum has went away for a few days as she can't tell me before Thursday
    1) she can just not tell you?
    2) she could tell you and make you swear not to tell anyone:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinster)
    Me too! What subjects are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    biology,chemistry,business and maths - you ?

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe how close this is. Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    I'm not sure Durham ever enter clearing and adjustment, sorry

Unless that's your insurance?
    I know they dont officially enter clearing, but i have heard they unis do allow you to phone direct and look for places. I know other good unis have done this before. Also pharmacy is new there so there maybe a chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    I am gonna send my OCD medical proof today in a moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's one of those? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'd totally forgotten about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pak1994)
    Thanks! I'm trying not to stress, but my family just doesn't help matters...
    sorry to hear it either way it's only two days away now so not much longer to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    1) she can just not tell you?
    2) she could tell you and make you swear not to tell anyone:rofl:
    We don't have secrets in my family really and she would try her best not to tell me but I think her facial expressions would easily give it away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordi_A)
    I know they dont officially enter clearing, but i have heard they unis do allow you to phone direct and look for places. I know other good unis have done this before. Also pharmacy is new there so there maybe a chance!
    Fair enough, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Does it say somewhere on AQA's website the time when their grade boundaries are out?

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please clear something up for me? What is coming out tomorrow? Mark schemes or grade boundaries? Is this for all exam boards? Sorry if this is a stupid question or one that has been asked many times before. Just really panicking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    Getting agonisingly close and i'm getting really scared.It's only AS so the feeling will be on a different level on results day next year,will all the hard work i thought i did during my exams pay off.I've literally prayed to God(s) since august and i'm so scared ergh If i don't get AAB i'm not going Kings.Too scared now.
    Don't worry bro, according to some extremely knowledgeable posters on here AS results don't matter at all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.