Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

How long before Arsenal update Arsenal.com with transfers news... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseamegastoreusa.com/d...st-onesie.html

hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Every newspaper is valuing players at 25m these days. Benteke, Jovetic, Higuain, Fellaini...

I want to say just wait it out we'll sign someone eventually but there's no suggestion that we're remotely close to signing anyone and we're already off on a tour soon. Who will handle the transfer side of things with Wenger in Jakorta?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Every newspaper is valuing players at 25m these days. Benteke, Jovetic, Higuain, Fellaini...

I want to say just wait it out we'll sign someone eventually but there's no suggestion that we're remotely close to signing anyone and we're already off on a tour soon. Who will handle the transfer side of things with Wenger in Jakorta?
    Wenger isn't even the main transfer negotiator, sure he has scouts so he's ITK but it's **** Law and Gazidis who negotiate with other clubs. I imagine Wenger being in Indonesia won't affect our dealings too much, Perez will continue to play hard ball but we should still get Higuain.

Flamini would be interested in a return to the Premier League

Well well well. :holmes: Thoughts? There isn't really any indication yet that we're interested, and he's specifically said he wants to play for a team that has a shot at winning the title (which would for a lot of people exclude us) but (i) Wenger did like him, and (ii) I can't think of any other title-challenging team who might want him. Would you guys have him back to fill in the DM slot?

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't like Flamini back at the club. Firstly, he left us on a free showing no respect for the part Wenger played in his development. Secondly, he isn't the same player as before and I think signing him wouldn't be a good idea as it would result in the likes of Ramsey having less playing time. I think if we go for a DM it should be someone like Fellaini, someone who'd give us something different, someone who'd give us that physical presence we've missed since Song left for Barca.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger doesn't rereturn anyways (except to that Judas that is Sol Campbell).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Wouldn't like Flamini back at the club. Firstly, he left us on a free showing no respect for the part Wenger played in his development. Secondly, he isn't the same player as before and I think signing him wouldn't be a good idea as it would result in the likes of Ramsey having less playing time. I think if we go for a DM it should be someone like Fellaini, someone who'd give us something different, someone who'd give us that physical presence we've missed since Song left for Barca.
    I wouldn't welcome a traitor. He can join RVP.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope we have all the players we want and need before the season starts. Far too often we leave the signings til the end of August and it shows in our performances and results. There's only five weeks left and I fear we'll be way short again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I really hope we have all the players we want and need before the season starts. Far too often we leave the signings til the end of August and it shows in our performances and results. There's only five weeks left and I fear we'll be way short again.
    Not really, summer 2011 was the only instance. Big transfers take time patience is required

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who is as keen to see a transfer announcement that states that some of our problem players and wage black holes disappear? Bendtner is jerking us all off with his 'I'm considering most of the clubs of Europe' but then none of them seem to actually want him... Andre Santos has to go. I personally can't stand Gervinho and so am desperate to see this interest from Roma be followed up.

We clear those up, plus the removal of Arshavin, Squid etc. from the wage bill, and that's at least one more BIG player we can afford. Players cost far more than the initial transfer outlay and we've been carrying too much deadwood for too long now.

I was really excited when I saw we'd bid for Bender from Lever, but seems that's not going anywhere. I think we'll get Higuain. I don't think we have any real interest in Suarez (I hope not, he's not worth it), but are pushing Real towards both him, and the deal for Higuain.

By the way, I'd be very keen to see Ox get some more game time next season. I also think that Ramsey started to really show new potential as an industrious midfielder at the end of last season and that's worth bearing in mind, too... Let's not get so obsessed with the need for new 'proven' players that we forget about the development of some of Britain's most promising young players already at the club.

ReputationRep:
    Sky Sports understands Arsenal are weighing up a move for highly-rated Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Sky Sports understands Arsenal are weighing up a move for highly-rated Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.
    Amazing if true. Seen him a few times and the guy looks the business! Get him signed up Arsene!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gazdis had announced sometime back, that we will sign top players after 2014. This is same old story, Get it right we wont be spending without selling this season.

You could vote me down as much as u like but it wont change the fact of every season. History is the proof.

Don't expect any top players, If we do take it like a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    Gazdis had announced sometime back, that we will sign top players after 2014. This is same old story, Get it right we wont be spending without selling this season.

You could vote me down as much as u like but it wont change the fact of every season. History is the proof.

Don't think you'll buy anyone bar higuain personally and even then with the time it's taking for you to do the deal I think it could be hijacked, since city want negredo it may just be you going for him though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)

It isn't the "same old story" you fickle clown. Arsenal's situation has changed and you know it has. You're just frustrated because of the lack of transfer activity well WE ALL ARE. Just be patient FFS. Save your bit*hing and moaning until the window closes then you can rant and rave about Arsenal then.

ReputationRep:
    Gonalons has said he is staying with Lyon, and Grenier has signed a 2 year contract extension. We've been linked (nothing more than speculation at best) to Abate from AC Milan which brings up the question that still hasn't been answered - will Sagna put pen to paper or do we need to find his replacement already?

ReputationRep:
    Cesc rumours seem to flaring up again. Doubt it'll happen, but one can dream. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Gonalons is staying with Lyon he said. We've been linked (nothing more than speculation at best) to Abate from AC Milan which brings up the question that still hasn't been answered - will Sagna put pen to paper or do we need to find his replacement already?
    I reckon once Sagna leaves, Jenkinson will be our first choice right-back, with Bellerin his understudy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    I reckon once Sagna leaves, Jenkinson will be our first choice right-back, with Bellerin his understudy.
    Jenks isn't ready still has a lot learn could be ready next year but yeah by the time Sagna off he could be

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.