Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nia1315)
    Cardiff met, Swansea met and uwe. I've reapplied for swansea because I failed the numeracy test the first time around. I passed it everywhere else so I'm guessing I was just ridiculously nervous that day! You?
    Well i only applied to nottingham trent cos of location and im unsure exactly what i failed my interview on...my ucas just says unsuccessful interview haha...so im gonna have to have a rethink on it all and decide on a place to reapply or just wait haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    I think im gonna have a look into derby and then make a decision...bahhh i feel so rushed haha
    Good plan!
    If you don't find a course that fits you this time just build your experience and wait for next year, certainly don't panic and rush into the wrong course. Apply 2 stays open right til the start of the course though so there is some time to research the available options. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eek a me)
    Congratulations!!!! Which course?
    Citizenship!

Im so thrilled, I can't believe it. I just never thought I'd be good enough

ReputationRep:
    Definitely ring the uni and ask for feedback at the end of the day they can only say no! Also about location just remember you're on placement a lot of the time, does this make any difference? Good luck with whatever you decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    I think so still not 100% decided are you? X
    I have accepted my place there Have you decided yet? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    What course? I had a Primary interview before Christmas. :-)
    Yes for primary, how is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    I would be totally honest with your referee, and tell them that it is vital you get your application in today. If they still don't have it done by the end of the day, ask someone else to do it, but make sure that they can complete it within two days maximum. You don't have to have someone who knows you well for your academic reference. Mine was my course leader who doesn't even know who I am. They just have to provide evidence that you can cope with the academic demands of the course (which they can tell from your records). I did that and got interviews to all three. At this stage, I would prioritise getting your application submitted over the quality of your references. As you will know, courses are closing right now and the next one could be your choice! I waited two weeks for my reference and was a nervous wreck, so I know how you feel. Good luck.

Very true... If they don't respond, try n find someone else to do for u...My one of the references doesn't know me very well but just from the records they write a reference for you.. Don't worry n don't wait much try to sort it out this week. Hopefully u cam submit*next week n...good luck.. U never know u might get an interview sooner than expected.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianavfc)
    Yes for primary, how is it?
    It's fine. There were a lot of us but we were split into small groups for the main interview. Staff are really friendly and make you feel at ease. Just be prepared and ready to show everything that would make you a good teacher!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Primary at Anglia Ruskin or Bishop Grot?
    Sent my application about a week ago (was waiting for nightmare references!)

Any idea how long it will take to hear anything?

Well done to everyone with offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    I received an email from Greenwich earlier with a conditional offer
    Is anyone else going to Greenwich for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got a conditional offer for Greenwich Primary too! Accepted it- now just have to pass the maths skills test!

Congratulations on your offer

ReputationRep:
    Have the offers for interviews come through post or email or ucas? I'm still not getting anything and it feels like I've been waiting months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I did yes. Choosing between there and Derby now. Leaning towards Derby as that was my first choice, but the interview at Trent was quite enjoyable and the staff were lovely.

Aww welldone! Congrats! On the letter for Trent it says something about a group presentation? ..Do they just give u the issue on the spot?..do u remember what kind of issues were given?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjkp)
    Aww welldone! Congrats! On the letter for Trent it says something about a group presentation? ..Do they just give u the issue on the spot?..do u remember what kind of issues were given?
    Not sure how much I am allowed to say but it was a task about some aspect of teaching that you then had to present. You're given chance to work on it with your group and it's all very chilled out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ndy888)
    wooo i got an offer from UEL my first choice, i just need to pass the literacy part of the skills test. im debating whether to go to my greenwich interview this friday.
    Well done! Feel free to join other offer holders here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2542684

ReputationRep:
    Would a suitable education issue be the what the next conservative manifesto will say? 9-6 school days and 7 weeks holiday for the whole year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ1993)
    So I'm unbelievably frustrated right now. Applied for a PGCE in Secondary English, which I understand is an already highly competitive course for places as it is. I'm still waiting on references after submitting my application over 3 weeks ago. I got a very good reference from the teacher whose school I run an after school club in, however I am still awaiting my Uni tutors!

I have been pestering her all week. I went to her on Monday; "I'll do this today." Went to her yesterday "Yes, I'm just doing it now." It's reaching midday now, and nothing. I have explained to her that I've been told most courses fill up at the end of January at the latest. I'm being polite as possible, but it's getting me nowhere. I am basically helpless since she is the only tutor that really knows me personally and since I'm still at University I have to give an academic reference. I applied late in the year as it is, and now I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting a place. I may not have even if my reference had got in on time, but it certainly doesn't help.
    Why not tell her "The deadline for the application is X of February. I am only waiting for your reference."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Would a suitable education issue be the what the next conservative manifesto will say? 9-6 school days and 7 weeks holiday for the whole year?
    I would say length of school day or timings of school holidays are both suitable issues that are being discussed a lot lately. Just make sure to look at different opinions on them.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amweazel)
    I've got a conditional offer for Greenwich Primary too! Accepted it- now just have to pass the maths skills test!

Congratulations on your offer
    Well done! What age phase are you going to do? I've chosen 3-7. When is your skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    Just wondering whether anyone is interviewing at Roehampton next Wednesday 18th??!!!

Good luck with all your interviews!!
    Hi..how long did it take for Roehampton to get back to you after your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    I would say length of school day or timings of school holidays are both suitable issues that are being discussed a lot lately. Just make sure to look at different opinions on them.

xxx
    Thanks! I've been going through papers and forums looking at what students/teachers/parents think about it and the negative and positive impact that it could have on education

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.