Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsmben)
    College has gone off to a great start! :crown: Woop woop!!!! Tomorrow 10 of us are all off to see Insidious: Chapter 2!!!!!!! Then on Friday we are having an ice breaker evening at a friends house!! Loving my subjects

• English Lit
    • English Lang
    • Class Civ
    • History (Antisemitism in Germany and the other unit is Tsarist Russia)

Hows it going for you guys?
    I'm glad it's going well for you! I'm studying Tsarist Russia in History too, how are you finding that particular unit?

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is boring me, thinking of swapping it for Economics but worried about essays, I wish I could just do all Maths

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I am a Y12 student and I saw my teacher for Chemistry using a type of software called OCR ExamQuest or something similar. If anyone has this software please can they help me by giving it to me. If not, what other software is there that does the same job.

N.B This type of software allows you to click on your desired module and you will get real past paper questions based on the chapters in the module.

Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    I'm planning to! Preferably something related to German or History, maybe even German History What about you?
    I'm still trying to decide. I know I want to do something with literature and history. I was thinking of something like how accurate are the representations of time periods in literature but if I had to choose a time period in history that I'm most interested in, it's the 1920s but we're studying The Great Gatsby in literature and we've been told to do something different than what we're studying in lessons. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do now.

ReputationRep:
    Second week in to sixth form and I've come down with flu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Aw, get well soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Not sure if I've said this but take me off Edexcel History. Might be changing Chemistry to Economics aswell.
    i've removed you and okay let me know

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Biology - WJEC

added you

(Original post by pathosL)
    i have maths on friday, chem and physics on thursday which i think im gonna fail
    ahhh best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Get well soon! Have some Lemsip and get plenty of sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Thank yoou mums gone to tesco for me to get me some lucozade, tissues and lemsip haha

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is boring me, thinking of swapping it for Economics but worried about essays, I wish I could just do all Maths
    Economics AS has some multi choice qs in the exam and your teachers prepare you on how to format your essay in order to gain top marks
    The subject is really interesting so far, and the content doesn't look too hard:yep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    had a biology test today...was soooo bad!!

we are going so fast .... we are about 3.5 out of 6 topics in... that more than half the 1st module...
    almost the same for chemistry...but physics is alright

grrr
    Omg we've just recaped gcse knowledge for bio:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Aw me too, I've had the flu since saturday been off monday & tuesday hopefully going back
    on Wednesday. We can be flu buddies !

I hate catch up work though, just makes me want to get back in bed.

ReputationRep:
    Got a target grade of A* in Physics, that's just ridiculous I'll never get that

ReputationRep:

Got a target grade of A* in Physics, that's just ridiculous I'll never get that[/QUOTE]

So far in Economics we've done definitions and about 4 lessons on production possibility frontiers (ridiculously easy graphs), there's also focus on current economic news which imo is interesting. There is multiple choice in the first exam and I think the most writing will be done on questions where you evaluate say a business plan, I hate writing as well and all my other options involve numbers

My school is stingy with target grades, i'll probably get a C xD Or would that show overachieving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    I'm still trying to decide. I know I want to do something with literature and history. I was thinking of something like how accurate are the representations of time periods in literature but if I had to choose a time period in history that I'm most interested in, it's the 1920s but we're studying The Great Gatsby in literature and we've been told to do something different than what we're studying in lessons. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do now.
    Ooh, that sounds interesting! Yes, it's generally advised to do something that you're not studying. I may try revert back to GCSE topics but in much greater depth.

ReputationRep:
    all my induction tests will be finished this friday, then i can just relaxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Damnnn I would not like to be doing that.. That'd be horrible haha.

Yeah, I'm really loving Maths at the moment! Content-wise it's definitely my favourite so far, but class-wise, my German group is so so so so sick. We got given a letter on Monday about a trip to Germany. Me and the three other guys in there are going to have a whale of a time!
    Maths is great! Though it does get much harder, beware. Haha, how did it go with the girls in your class ? Any eye candy? Ooh, whereabouts in Germany are you doing? I think we go to Berlin in February I'm sure you will do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Damnnn I would not like to be doing that.. That'd be horrible haha.

Yeah, I'm really loving Maths at the moment! Content-wise it's definitely my favourite so far, but class-wise, my German group is so so so so sick. We got given a letter on Monday about a trip to Germany. Me and the three other guys in there are going to have a whale of a time!
    What topic are you doing in maths?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone downloading IOS 7? I have 11 minutes left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Maths is great! Though it does get much harder, beware. Haha, how did it go with the girls in your class ? Any eye candy? Ooh, whereabouts in Germany are you doing? I think we go to Berlin in February I'm sure you will do!
    Yeah, I've looked over the course... It looks pretty damn hard. But I'm sure it's not as hard once you get taught it.. It just seems daunting because you know nothing about it. I sit next to this girl in Decision... 9/10 will be getting her number. Nahhh they're all really nice! I have only spoken to three of them though... But I'm sure the other 10 are nice too.. One of the boys in my group dropped it so now, including me, there's only 4 boys...

Ooooooh that'll be good! I think I'm going to Friesenried in July!

(Original post by lolface32)
    What topic are you doing in maths?
    In Decision I'm doing graph theory... :/

And in Core I just finished binomial expansion, and (as far as I know) I'm starting completing the square tomorrow.

You?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.