Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    How come? Are you okay?
    I ****ed up, badly, without even realising it. I'm alright now, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    I ****ed up, badly, without even realising it. I'm alright now, I guess.
    How did you do that?

ReputationRep:
    How did you do that?
    It's something I'd rather not discuss, although, posting on here seems to relieve some stress I guess haha

ReputationRep:
    It's something I'd rather not discuss, although, posting on here seems to relieve some stress I guess haha
    That's okay.
    Yeah, it can be good to let everything out, regardless of your choice to repress certain bits of information.

ReputationRep:
    That's okay.
    Yeah, it can be good to let everything out, regardless of your choice to repress certain bits of information.
    Yeah that's true. Without being too specific, I think I let myself down, I said some things that perhaps I shouldn't have said and it hurts. Although, nobody is perfect right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true. Without being too specific, I think I let myself down, I said some things that perhaps I shouldn't have said and it hurts. Although, nobody is perfect right?
    You're absolutely right.
    You're definitely not alone there. I think intense emotion like anger can bring out the "worst" in us, and can lead to spontaneous and potentially dishonest comments that we regret. Hopefully those who were on the receiving end of your comments will understand that, once things have died down.

ReputationRep:
    Lost. Been depressed from previous 2 weeks due to family issues. Not the best position to be in. Feel just so lost and sad. Want to escape from here.

ReputationRep:
    You're absolutely right.
    You're definitely not alone there. I think intense emotion like anger can bring out the "worst" in us, and can lead to spontaneous and potentially dishonest comments that we regret. Hopefully those who were on the receiving end of your comments will understand that, once things have died down.
    I never tell anybody my emotions. I keep them to myself, so nobody actually knows how I REALLY feel inside. At school they would always see me as this happy guy, but all through last year, I was overwhelmingly stressed. Mostly because of the sheer amount of work I had to do last year. This year I feel better, but there's still repercussions, phases of unhappiness that I try to hide away. And I just think I may have taken it out on this individual, that's why I feel bad. Just hurts to know you've possibly hurt somebody yourself, you know?

ReputationRep:
    I never tell anybody my emotions. I keep them to myself, so nobody actually knows how I REALLY feel inside. At school they would always see me as this happy guy, but all through last year, I was overwhelmingly stressed. Mostly because of the sheer amount of work I had to do last year. This year I feel better, but there's still repercussions, phases of unhappiness that I try to hide away. And I just think I may have taken it out on this individual, that's why I feel bad. Just hurts to know you've possibly hurt somebody yourself, you know?
    Did you prefer it that people assumed you were happy? Or would you rather people thought that things were more complex than that for you? I do dislike the way people make assumptions like that.

I'm sorry to hear about the workload- I can certainly relate to that.
    I completely understand what you mean about phases. I've found that my emotions can be very sporadic- in some ways I wish happiness was more consistent in my life.

Of course, and it's completely normal to feel that way. The fact that you are aware of such a thing tells me that you do feel some form of regret and you didn't mean to act in such a way.We are all guilty of it.

ReputationRep:
    Counselling! That's my dream career
    Is it part time?
    Yeah part time at a local FE college, it's something that would suit me well I reckon as I've always loved helping people What are you doing now btw? (as in study/work, not literally lol )

ReputationRep:
    Did you prefer it that people assumed you were happy? Or would you rather people thought that things were more complex than that for you? I do dislike the way people make assumptions like that.

I'm sorry to hear about the workload- I can certainly relate to that.
    I completely understand what you mean about phases. I've found that my emotions can be very sporadic- in some ways I wish happiness was more consistent in my life.

Of course, and it's completely normal to feel that way. The fact that you are aware of such a thing tells me that you do feel some form of regret and you didn't mean to act in such a way.We are all guilty of it.
    I mean for the good of the people and friends around me I would much rather hide my emotions away so that I could simulate happiness. Don't get me wrong, when I'm with my friends I feel happy, but there's the underlying emotion which strikes you when that feeling subsides.

I love work, that's the thing. I just feel like A-Levels was too much work in the light of past papers. I much prefer the degree style of education, less repeats, more thinking. I love my subjects (I wouldn't have applied for a degree in it/them if I didn't).

I honestly do, the feeling of regret is strong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Yeah part time at a local FE college, it's something that would suit me well I reckon as I've always loved helping people What are you doing now btw? (as in study/work, not literally lol )
    Wonderful.
    I've recently finished my A levels. If I get the grades I'll be studying Psychology at the University of Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    I mean for the good of the people and friends around me I would much rather hide my emotions away so that I could simulate happiness. Don't get me wrong, when I'm with my friends I feel happy, but there's the underlying emotion which strikes you when that feeling subsides.

I love work, that's the thing. I just feel like A-Levels was too much work in the light of past papers. I much prefer the degree style of education, less repeats, more thinking. I love my subjects (I wouldn't have applied for a degree in it/them if I didn't).

I honestly do, the feeling of regret is strong
    Are you currently doing a degree?

Try not to let it all get you down too much.

ReputationRep:
    Scared And unsure regarding someone in my life who I'm going through a rough patch with

ReputationRep:
    Are you currently doing a degree?

Try not to let it all get you down too much.
    Nah, just finished A2.

I'll try not to, cheers

ReputationRep:
    Wonderful.
    I've recently finished my A levels. If I get the grades I'll be studying Psychology at the University of Birmingham
    Thanks aha Oh cool, good luck with your results! Psychology should be interesting

ReputationRep:
    Happy/content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Thanks aha Oh cool, good luck with your results! Psychology should be interesting
    Thank you,
    good luck with your course, it sounds wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    Alone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Giddy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.