x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Think the Newcastle team found Sanchez's stash at HT
    :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Madness that you had to rely on two set-pieces. Very unlike you - especially at St. James' Park.

I had Newcastle down to get steamrollered, especially given the fact that Carver only had thirteen outfield players at his disposal. Giroud back in the scoring business following that disappointing first-leg against Monaco. Fair play to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Madness that you had to rely on two set-pieces. Very unlike you - especially at St. James' Park.

I had Newcastle down to get steamrollered, especially given the fact that Carver only had thirteen outfield players at his disposal. Giroud back in the scoring business following that disappointing first-leg against Monaco. Fair play to him.
    3 points away from home after playing the the CL midweek. Can't really ask for more than that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by chezsu)
    3 points away from home after playing the the CL midweek. Can't really ask for more than that.
    Oh, agreed. Especially at the business end of the season. Performances don't matter - points do!

ReputationRep:
    Completely.

Giroud is just on fire at the moment. I like his doubters because he can continue to prove them wrong
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Watching the game now, and Ramsey seems to be frustrating Giroud time and time again by becoming so advanced that he is occupying his positions. He needs to learn that midfield runs doesn't mean playing as a second striker.

Newcastle were so poor first-half. I assume they get much better in the second period? Only Perez is doing anything for them in the first 45. Gabriel is looking a pretty good signing, too. Perfect foil for Koscielny - their partnership has plenty of pace and power.

ReputationRep:
    Perfect foil for Koscielny - their partnership has plenty of pace and power.
    but not a lot of height.

kosc is 6'1
    gabriel is only 6

merts is 6'5
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by swirly)
    but not a lot of height.

kosc is 6'1
    gabriel is only 6

merts is 6'5
    Agreed. Madness that Wenger took off Bellerin when you were under the kosh defending set-pieces. Bellerin's a towering lad.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Madness that Wenger took off Bellerin when you were under the kosh defending set-pieces. Bellerin's a towering lad.
    huh?

bellerin's 5'9 and built like a HB pencil

ReputationRep:
    Abit off topic but is there any way to get BT Sport for free if you have BT Broadband at home?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    huh?

Sorry, I meant Welbeck shouldn't have been taken off for Bellerin. I was typing too fast for my brain.

Welbeck's a towering lad and not bad on the defensive side of the game so introducing Bellerin, who as you say is fairly diminutive, was really questionable.

ReputationRep:
    huh?

bellerin is 5'10 same height as gibbs but they both look extremely taller

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I meant Welbeck shouldn't have been taken off for Bellerin. I was typing too fast for my brain.

Welbeck's a towering lad and not bad on the defensive side of the game so introducing Bellerin, who as you say is fairly diminutive, was really questionable.
    but bellerin's a natural defender and welbz's tracking back was rather lazy today, in fact him losing the ball and not tracking back led to the newcastle goal.

ReputationRep:
    HTML Code:

Back to scoring, he's scored in pretty much every game since, the mans on fire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    HTML Code:

tbf he was even extremly unlucky to not score at home vs monaco. had atleast a hatrick of clear cut chances.

but thats strikers for ya. some days its just not gunna be their day.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I'm a supporter of Meet it doesn't matter that you're 6 ft 5 if you duck out of the way of anything that comes your way.

Ramsey getting in Girouds way seems a harsh analysis, as other posters have mentioned Ramsey brings out the best in Giroud. Really starting to see giroud as a pretty complete forward tbh, does all the lovely flicks and is gradually becoming more deadly in front of goal whilst also begin outstanding at holding the ball up. In the 90th minute today controlling ospina goalkick whilst holding off two defenders, perfect guy to have up front in those situations.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    HTML Code:

Indeed. Plenty of shagging for him tonight.

ReputationRep:
    tbf he was even extremly unlucky to not score at home vs monaco. had atleast a hatrick of clear cut chances.

but thats strikers for ya. some days its just not gunna be their day.
    People will say he bottled it but I think that's too simplistic analysis, footballs a game of fine margins and he had an off day/ didn't get the luck needed.

Also, I have no idea how I managed to put that HTML code thing in my psst nor do I know how to get rid of it

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Plenty of shagging for him tonight.
    I hope not, don't want him getting an std off some Geordie shore sloot.

Having said that his body is so immune from injury it'd probably create a cure for HIV and he'd be back playing in 3 months

ReputationRep:
    Gabriel is a monster. He looks to be a quite erratic player, and mistakes will happen due to that, but like Koscielny, at times he'll win you matches.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.