The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    still some time left for nasri to get injured
    Dont say that.....you know anything can happen :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Bendtner's head will probably explode soon.
    Probably why he's been taken off, for the safety of the supporters in the stadium.

God help us if anything happens to Nasri and Wilshere..

ReputationRep:
    Gael !

ReputationRep:
    Clichy :eek2:

Second ever goal for us, the other being a double deflected effort in injury time whilst already 2 down against Stoke, I think.

ReputationRep:
    ooooooo even clichy getting a goal...oleeeeeeeee indeed

ReputationRep:
    Is this a perfect response from sunday?, Hell yeah! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think nasri's getting back to his best, needed a fewgames to get back into some form.

Hope he can step up against barca.

ReputationRep:
    And I got told off on here for saying that we were going to win easily at The Emirates, I just had full confidence that we could finish them off even one of the Leyton Orient player said that he predicted a 11-0 loss.

ReputationRep:
    Squillaci still awful.

ReputationRep:
    I love the Emirates stadium, such a stunning design.

Got a ticket (for free :teeth:) from a season ticket holder, so had an AMAZING seat tonight. Atmosphere much better at the end I was sitting.

Good result and I had a perfect view of all the goals

ReputationRep:
    How likely is it that tickets for ManU will go on general sale?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaiyote)
    How likely is it that tickets for ManU will go on general sale?
    :toofunny:

Anyway, decent run-out; nothing much to read into. I would say that I hope the goals have given Bendtner some confidence to take into an important couple of weeks but, well, it's Bendtner. Some excellent finishing though -- an excellent header, a nice finish from outside the area and a well taken penalty -- it doesn't matter who the opposition was because he didn't rely on a poor defence to net them. I would like to see him track back a bit better but overall he did what was required.

I thought it was a smart idea by Wenger to give Wilshere 20 mins. He was distraught on Sunday so it's good for him to get straight back into action and get the support from the home crowd. Diaby looked sharp too and Wenger choosing to take him off instead of Denilson suggests to me that Diaby will be starting on the weekend....which is the right choice, I think. You don't know which Diaby will turn up but a 'good Diaby' is a very, very difficult player to play against. He is a very underrated player, technically. He can get past players with close control with ease. It's his decision-making and holding onto the ball too long that lets him down.

I don't fancy us taking Sunderland on (even though they've lost 4 straight) without Van Persie and Fabregas. It's up to Nasri, Arshavin and Wilshere to win us the game. Maybe Ramsey will be on the bench -- I don't know what was up with Rosicky; probably a concussion from heading the ball.

ReputationRep:
    Guess not then :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Guess not then :ninja:
    Oh, sorry, I genuinely did think you were joking!

Um..yeah, Old Trafford tickets always go quickly. Even if it was a Carling Cup game it'd be very difficult. No chance of it going to GS, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    We've got Man Utd at OT though, not going to be easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    I'd prefer Bendtner to lead the line in the big fixtures coming up rather than Chamakh. Overmars' suggestion about Arshavin up top is interesting but it's true that Wenger won't do it.
    Definitely what I'd go for. I really rate Bendtner though and feel with game time he'd be top class.

ReputationRep:
    Saw this:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Cup-final.html

I guess this guy aint laughing now:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Oh, sorry, I genuinely did think you were joking!

Um..yeah, Old Trafford tickets always go quickly. Even if it was a Carling Cup game it'd be very difficult. No chance of it going to GS, I'm afraid.
    I did think it was unlikely just false hope I guess. How about red members? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I did think it was unlikely just false hope I guess. How about red members? :dontknow:
    Goes on sale to red members on the 4th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Goes on sale to red members on the 4th.
    :yy: thanks. Looks like i'll have to borrow my cousins membership.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.