Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msvf)
    Photo accepted on 27th got the card on 20th aug. And if you want to get the free memory stick you'll need to tick the box on the letter and return it.
    I don't seems to see the letter for the USB stick, it's just saying I have to upgrade online to qualify but I actually can't remember if I did. Doesn't matter anyway, NAS is a wonderful thing and I think I have a memory stick in my room somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Same. Just cos someone doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing in one's opinion, it doesn't mean they're not a nice person. In fact, I hope I make friends with all the 'unnormal' people cos then at least you know they are genuine. :p:
    Eurgh. Looking normal just cos of a display picture, eurghhhhhh. That has made me annoyed.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :yep: I know what you mean. That's exactly what I'd rather do :five:
    FB profile pictures are pretty deceiving anyway. Especially with the latest trends that are Photoshop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :yep: I know what you mean. That's exactly what I'd rather do :five:
    FB profile pictures are pretty deceiving anyway. Especially with the latest trends that are Photoshop.
    Yup... people tend to choose the best looking best of themselves or the most flattering one... like in mine, I'm a lot fatter in real life than it seems my display pic :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fixesin)
    Yup... people tend to choose the best looking best of themselves or the most flattering one... like in mine, I'm a lot fatter in real life than it seems my display pic :p:
    :ditto:

:p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know what you mean. That's exactly what I'd rather do
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Exactement. I just ranted at my mum about this haha. But obvz these people are shallow haha. I hope none of them are in my halls

And oui, I agree. Photoshop is awesome for hiding things :yep: (or even editting things in that weren't there before!

Yup... people tend to choose the best looking best of themselves or the most flattering one... like in mine, I'm a lot fatter in real life than it seems my display pic
    Hahaha. That is vair true. I look nothing like pictures of me in real life (or so I am told). Which is vair good as I am vair unphotogenic

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Exactement. I just ranted at my mum about this haha. But obvz these people are shallow haha. I hope none of them are in my halls

And oui, I agree. Photoshop is awesome for hiding things :yep: (or even editting things in that weren't there before!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Me too :ahee:
    There are some girls on my friends list who I know in real life, who are just 'normal' people. The pictures on their FB looks as if they're some kind of model with the most perfect skin ever, I don't see what it achieves though.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. That is vair true. I look nothing like pictures of me in real life (or so I am told). Which is vair good as I am vair unphotogenic
    What's 'vair' :confused:

But yeah, I'm a big disliker of photos.

What's 'vair'

But yeah, I'm a big disliker of photos.
    Vair is a vair bad habit of mine. Vair = very haha. I just use it so often though. It just slips in there without me knowing like it did just now, whoops.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Me too
    There are some girls on my friends list who I know in real life, who are just 'normal' people. The pictures on their FB looks as if they're some kind of model with the most perfect skin ever, I don't see what it achieves though.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And yes! Some girls and guys I know are really good looking in pictures but look normal in real life! And also some girls and guys who would be considered 'unnormal' are actually really nice people!! Judging on looks achieves nothing :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    why are we talking in spoilers :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Vair is a vair bad habit of mine. Vair = very haha. I just use it so often though. It just slips in there without me knowing like it did just now, whoops.

Spoiler:
    Show
    And yes! Some girls and guys I know are really good looking in pictures but look normal in real life! And also some girls and guys who would be considered 'unnormal' are actually really nice people!! Judging on looks achieves nothing :eyeball:
    Oh, I see. I admit, at first I thought you said "vair = very haha" so I was wondering how you join "very" and "haha" to get "vair" rather than "veha" But yeah, I get it now :proud:

Might as well bring the entire conversation in the open now

This is so true! There is actually no point judging on looks, it'll get you and them nowhere.

(Original post by CCJ)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    why are we talking in spoilers :ninja:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :dontknow:

(Original post by CCJ)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    why are we talking in spoilers
    I don't know haha. Maybe in the hope of those people who *may* happen to stumble across this thread (and read through all the pages), they may not find out that we have in fact, been *****ing about them :p:

ReputationRep:
    :shock:

Nah, I got Falmouth Twin En-suite Another crisis averted

Just when I was thinking my name would be unique as well :huff: I've heard there's another doing Geophysics (or is that you :eek:)?
    Phew, although it would have been cool :O

Nah, the Geophys Jay Shah is me

There was once a Jay Shah in my secondary school and there were so many mix ups and stuff it was a nightmare

Congrats on Fowlmouth halls :O

Oh, I see. I admit, at first I thought you said "vair = very haha" so I was wondering how you join "very" and "haha" to get "vair" rather than "veha" But yeah, I get it now

Might as well bring the entire conversation in the open now

This is so true! There is actually no point judging on looks, it'll get you and them nowhere.
    Haha, sorry I should've made it clearer. Vair=very :p: Call yourself an Imperial student, tsk haha.

Sometimes I find the best looking people = the people with the worst attitude. This was especially true in my sixth form where most of the so called good looking girls (who we called the plastics, as they were in fact, plastic and had no brains) were actually the *****iest, etc. Though they're not all like that. One of my friends is reeeeeally pretty, reeeeeeallly clever and reeeeallly nice. But then again, at the other end of the aesthetic spectrum, there are also people like that....soo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JjrShah)
    Phew, although it would have been cool :O

Nah, the Geophys Jay Shah is me

There was once a Jay Shah in my secondary school and there were so many mix ups and stuff it was a nightmare

Congrats on Fowlmouth halls :O
    :yep: Cool for the first 10 minutes, confusing for the remaining 383030 minutes. Yes, I was sad enough to research what 38 weeks was in minutes :sigh:

Oh, I see :ahee: One other Jay Shah is enough

I had a Jay [some other surname] in high school but unfortunately, we were still next to each other in the register (him then me, so it was evident when I wasn't listening as I always responded to his) :indiff:

Thanks You too for Gabor seems pretty good too. Neither of us have pool tables though :sad:

Haha, sorry I should've made it clearer. Vair=very :p: Call yourself an Imperial student, tsk haha.

Sometimes I find the best looking people = the people with the worst attitude. This was especially true in my sixth form where most of the so called good looking girls (who we called the plastics, as they were in fact, plastic and had no brains) were actually the *****iest, etc. Though they're not all like that. One of my friends is reeeeeally pretty, reeeeeeallly clever and reeeeallly nice. But then again, at the other end of the aesthetic spectrum, there are also people like that....soo...
    tsk?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I joke :ahee:

This is what I would have thought, but wasn't evident in my sixth form. Either that, or they were just backstabbers :p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    'The plastics' reminds me on "Mean Girls" :ninja:

tsk?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I joke

This is what I would have thought, but wasn't evident in my sixth form. Either that, or they were just backstabbers

Spoiler:
    Show
    'The plastics' reminds me on "Mean Girls"
    Oh btw, I think it was you I was talking to ages ago about some overseas bidders on eBay. Well, they haven't paid for what they won at all (it's been waaaay over a week now) so I'm filing an unpaid strike thing against them. Eurgh, overseas bidders. I think the block only got through to my last batch though because before, that bidder was from Russia :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh.

Spoiler:
    Show
    People on FB are doing my head in. Some Imperial freshers are adding other ones saying "You look normal unlike a lot of the other students." How charming.

/rant.
    Yeah, that's a bit annoying :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw, I think it was you I was talking to ages ago about some overseas bidders on eBay. Well, they haven't paid for what they won at all (it's been waaaay over a week now) so I'm filing an unpaid strike thing against them. Eurgh, overseas bidders. I think the block only got through to my last batch though because before, that bidder was from Russia :eek:
    Yeah I think it was me. :shock: Why did they bid then :curious: Probably expected you to ship it at the same price or something, and not charge extra ...

Damn eBay buyers :rant:

Yeah I think it was me. Why did they bid then Probably expected you to ship it at the same price or something, and not charge extra ...

Damn eBay buyers
    I know. They surely can't expect us to charge the same postage rate as to the UK. Eurgh. I have to wait 8 days after the case is opened before I can give them an unpaid item strike. My policy (as stated on the listing) did say to pay within 7 days as well. Eurgh.

I think I'm going to continue eBaying at uni. Purely cos charity shops in the area must have good stuff, right? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Basically your course isn't good enough to make you fully part of the medical school, so they've had to shove you in the department of life sciences too, just to let you know that you aren't good enough to be a proper medic.

up yours Fixesin, up yours.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.