The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I'm happy, mancini won't be though. Hopefully munich smash them in 2 weeks time.
KingMessi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Well I'm happy, mancini won't be though. Hopefully munich smash them in 2 weeks time.
Yes, I hope that they don't drop the intensity due to already being qualified.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
Man City look as if there heading for the Europa League, I can also see Napoli strolling past Villareal in two weeks time and City drawing with Bayern. Could them missing out on qualifcation have a bad affect on their league form?
Na it won't, as i've said before, mancini is good in the league, but poor with the champions league, abramovich would have never ever thought of bringing him into chelsea that's for sure.
TheInvincibles14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, would be really suprised if City collapse in the league. Their in a completely different class. It was just that Mancini should have been a bit more adventorous tonight and played Nasri, Aguero etc from the start. Cavani was outstanding.
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KingMessi)
Yes, I hope that they don't drop the intensity due to already being qualified.
They will most likely field a B team , but Villarreal won´t take their game against Napoli too serious either, they have 0 points and massive injury problems, their manager won´t care about that game.
KingMessi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, would be really suprised if City collapse in the league. Their in a completely different class. It was just that Mancini should have been a bit more adventorous tonight and played Nasri, Aguero etc from the start. Cavani was outstanding.
I just don't understand this whole 'put a striker on for ten minutes' principle. We saw Villas-Boas do it at the weekend; Ferguson does it tonight with Hernandez. It really is expecting too much of them to change a game in that space of time. They should be given twenty to twenty-five minutes to make an impact, minimum.
skeanos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If Napoli mess it up now I will book a ticket to naples and urinate on the side of their stadium.
TheInvincibles14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KingMessi)
I just don't understand this whole 'put a striker on for ten minutes' principle. We saw Villas-Boas do it at the weekend; Ferguson does it tonight with Hernandez. It really is expecting too much of them to change a game in that space of time. They should be given twenty to twenty-five minutes to make an impact, minimum.
Wenger does it a lot aswell, putting on subs way too late. You have to be incredibly optimistic to expect a striker to change the game in that amount of time. The ideal time to do a change is around 65-70 mins.
KingMessi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wenger does it a lot aswell, putting on subs way too late. You have to be incredibly optimistic to expect a striker to change the game in that amount of time. The ideal time to do a change is around 65-70 mins.
Precisely. When you do it then it smacks of desperate measures, as opposed to a thoughtful attempt to change the game.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Of course you will be! Ha. We'll pick up eventually, it's just one of those rough patches to be going through, but whether we'll pick up whilst we have Vitor in charge i have no idea!

I'm sure i missed this game at the start in the Luz and i'll be missing this one too as i have a Fa cup replay to go watch. I think Utd need to look out for Rodrigo, the way that guy is at the moment he's on fire but possibly JJ will go for Cardozo instead because JJ is an idiot like that and will pick the experience over a kid who is in form. Even if Rodrigo is on the bench he's not someone bad to bring on in the second half but i think the guy deserves to be starting! But then i guess he's got to think about the game at the weekend too as that's a huge game for you lot.
:cool::cool::cool: WE ARE THROUGH!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Aww yeahhh... so awesome. We can win the group with a win against Otelul. So awesome.

We could have lost that match, Utd had loads of good chances, but then again, Rodrigo had that one chance right at the end to kill it.

Artur made some excellent saves once again..

Bad news is that Luisao came off injured, which is a big blow to us. Doubts about him playing against Sporting >_<. Thankfully Miguel Vitor played well when he came on, and if Luisao doesn't recover, hopefully Jesus plays Vitor instead of Jardel.

Rodrigo did start. And Cardozo didn't even come on. Maybe he's being saved for Saturday.

Now for Porto to show some class..
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Exactly, and if you still decide to put on a sub in the 80th minute or something like that it should be a tall and strong striker who might be able to score after a set piece or a cross,not somebody like Hernandez, because there won´t be that many chances from open play.
-Matty-
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah SAF, Wenger and AVB haven't got a clue what they're doing have they.
The Optimistic Ram
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Looks like Joe Cole is going to stay at Lille permanently...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/73...Cole-deal-hint
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
De Rossi and Montolivo's contracts are up in the summer :gasp:

One of them Man City bound in Jan/Summer maybe?
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Catilina)
Exactly, and if you still decide to put on a sub in the 80th minute or something like that it should be a tall and strong striker who might be able to score after a set piece or a cross,not somebody like Hernandez, because there won´t be that many chances from open play.
But who has a great goal to minutes ratio, i'm sure he probably scores nearly or pretty much 1 goal a game.
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
I've got Zenit-APOEL on in the background; APOEL started pretty brightly, but Zenit's been responsible for most of the recent attacking play. Seems like a fairly dull affair overall, though - lots of squandered half-chances, lots of running up the wing and losing the ball - although I'm only half-watching. :yawn:
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not too sure who I want to win in the Milan vs Barca match tonight.

Whilst I'd love to see Barca lose, if Milan win the group, we could face them in the next round, assuming we win our group.
ahq
Report 7 years ago
APOEL nearly bundled it into their own net there. :teehee: The way this has gone in the last 10 minutes, Zenit really should win. Danny has been increasingly influential.
ahq
Report 7 years ago
APOEL become the first Cyprian side ever to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League. :congrats:

Although by the end, Zenit were very unlucky not to have won.
Mastermind`
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Amazing achievement by APOEL. I haven't heard of a single player in their squad. Assuming someone doesn't follow Cypriot/Greek football, I doubt they would have heard of more than 1 or 2 of the players. :afraid: :congrats:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads