Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Harvin on the trade block...

Patriots should trade yay or nay?
    For the right price. A Tavon Austin style WR who is already proven. Frees up first rounder for defensive pick. Also may help to fill some of Welker's production if BB lets him walk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Authority_Song)
    For the right price. A Tavon Austin style WR who is already proven. Frees up first rounder for defensive pick. Also may help to fill some of Welker's production if BB lets him walk.
    Problem is its possibly one year rental who will want to be paid big time

ReputationRep:
    Problem is its possibly one year rental who will want to be paid big time
    Also true of Talib, and anybody we Franchise, a la Welker this season just gone, and possibly next.

ReputationRep:
    Also true of Talib, and anybody we Franchise, a la Welker this season just gone, and possibly next.
    Hmm true im quite worried though about next season. We seem to be in a hole and our wide receiver core is pretty awful with only LLoyd and Slater back for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm true im quite worried though about next season. We seem to be in a hole and our wide receiver core is pretty awful with only LLoyd and Slater back for sure.
    Lloyd for sure? I'm not 100%. I want him to be, but who knows really. If Welker goes, Brady will not win another Superbowl. Simple as that. Unless we get someone ridiculous like Mike Wallace, but the salary hit will be the same anyway so it makes more sense to bring back Welker.

ReputationRep:
    Lloyd for sure? I'm not 100%. I want him to be, but who knows really. If Welker goes, Brady will not win another Superbowl. Simple as that. Unless we get someone ridiculous like Mike Wallace, but the salary hit will be the same anyway so it makes more sense to bring back Welker.
    Oh yeah i meant under contract still. Much signs saying Lloyd is out as well as Welker. That leaves us Edelman as our receiver with Slater. I think we should keep Lloyd. Get Hartline and try get Welker to take a 7-8m a year.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    NFL owners are meeting this week to discuss widening the football field

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    Terrible idea, will make defense almost impossible
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Terrible idea, will make defense almost impossible
    well that's all I do to make defense harder.they're trying to increase the scoring.I think it's a mistake to.

ReputationRep:
    well that's all I do to make defense harder.they're trying to increase the scoring.I think it's a mistake to.
    They'll have to change rules for defense to allow more pushing and grabbing then i think. Its a terrible idea.

ReputationRep:
    It's all ready a pass happy league. Power running and defense will be a thing of the past. It's going to turn into the AFL - 60-59 every game where screens and out-routes dominate. No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's all ready a pass happy league. Power running and defense will be a thing of the past. It's going to turn into the AFL - 60-59 every game where screens and out-routes dominate. No thanks.
    As much as it's terrible for the game I can see where the League is coming from commercially, defense is hard to grasp and scoring is good as far as viewing figures (read revenue) are concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Power running will work better, more space => sparser defense => more room to run up the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Get everyone to watch Remember the Titans, then they'll love defence. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    left side... strong side...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    left side... strong side...
    Hell yeah! :ahee:

Phwwwwwwwwwwwooooar. I'm away to run thro' a wall now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Asomugha would be good value for the Pats now that they have Talib. He's not versatile, and they already have a very good man coverage corner and other things to worry about. Lack of quality depth at TE given the sets they like to use, receivers, a defensive front that is better but not amazing and an almost irreplaceable quarterback who will need replacing sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    I don't think Asomugha would be good value for the Pats now that they have Talib. He's not versatile, and they already have a very good man coverage corner and other things to worry about. Lack of quality depth at TE given the sets they like to use, receivers, a defensive front that is better but not amazing and an almost irreplaceable quarterback who will need replacing sooner rather than later.
    I dunno about Talib though will he take Patriots offer which will probably be lower then the other teams as well as a year only. Agree we need a nice backup at TE for the inevitable Gronk/Hernandez injury.

ReputationRep:
    Well apparently Kyle Arrington isn't as terrible as i think he is... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...arrington-more

ReputationRep:
    I dunno about Talib though will he take Patriots offer which will probably be lower then the other teams as well as a year only. Agree we need a nice backup at TE for the inevitable Gronk/Hernandez injury.
    Two words. Jake. Ballard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.