Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Is anyone else getting vicariously nervous (or is it just because I have a younger sister getting her A2 results)?
    Same position. Pretty big jump between firm and insurance too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Same position. Pretty big jump between firm and insurance too.
    What is she planning on doing? Mine has firmed Cardiff for psych.

ReputationRep:
    What is she planning on doing? Mine has firmed Cardiff for psych.
    Biology at Leeds. Not sure she's convinced by her subject choice though. Ultimately she just wants to do nothing and everything just work out fine without any effort on her part.

ReputationRep:
    Biology at Leeds. Not sure she's convinced by her subject choice though. Ultimately she just wants to do nothing and everything just work out fine without any effort on her part.
    :dunno: That's worked for me thus far. My sister is a grafter, she works far harder than I ever did.

ReputationRep:
    Can i post here yet? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Can i post here yet? :sexface:
    Traditionally, not until you actually start uni. But congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Traditionally, not until you actually start uni. But congratulations
    Very well :p:

I can wait haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Very well :p:

I can wait haha.
    You can always set up an overexcited pre-freshers soc for a few weeks? :p: We might even pop in and answer the boring practical questions you guys might have.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You can always set up an overexcited pre-freshers soc for a few weeks? :p: We might even pop in and answer the boring practical questions you guys might have.
    Sorry, I meant to put up the thread earlier this morning but I overslept. :o:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1742343

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, fresh meat tomorrow. Is anyone else getting vicariously nervous (or is it just because I have a younger sister getting her A2 results)?
    Yes very nervous. My little brother gets his today. I got woke up at 7 with him freaking out because he has no text message and his course is in clearing. As he still hasnt got it hes taking to pacing the house until his school opens.

EDIT - phew thank god for that! I feel so proud he got his first choice.

ReputationRep:
    ooo BIG day D: incoming elated people, well done!!

ReputationRep:
    My sister is going to Leeds too!

She got her result in March but her school didn't cash it in and we're all waiting for track to update to see if they ****ed up just a little bit (costing her her first choice accom) or majorly (costing her an unconditional today)... c'mon track!!

ReputationRep:
    My sister got AAA! :awesome: Very happy times. Her boyfriend missed his firm, though, because the school completed buggered up marking his EPQ and it got moderated down something like 3 grades.

ReputationRep:
    Sister has got into Leeds, nae problemo.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh... bring back so many tense results day memories!

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. And I was looking forward to my first August results day without worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. And I was looking forward to my first August results day without worrying.
    Aha. Don't really know why I was worried last year, I think I worked out I needed like EEU to get AAB.. somehow I managed to convince myself that I definitely got below EEU in my final ones.. strange how your brain works sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Aha. Don't really know why I was worried last year, I think I worked out I needed like EEU to get AAB.. somehow I managed to convince myself that despite getting 90+ on pretty much all my other a level exams I definitely got below EEU in my final ones.. strange how your brain works sometimes

I know the feeling in my fourth year exams i convinced myself and everyone around me that I had failed. I was that convinced. Turned out I wasnt as thick as I thought I was.
    I get worried if I thought I did well its never a good sign for me.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone with siblings getting results and places today, and also well done to all the medicine pre-freshers

I was stuck in syria when mine came out :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My old "I'm going to be a medic :woo: x1000" status keeps appearing down the side panel on my facebook page. Brings back the memories :daydreaming:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.