ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky260)
    Thank you. That makes me feel a lot, lot better. *forced smile*

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the same for all of us D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    It's the same for all of us D:
    I'm debating whether it's worth looking at the grade boundaries tomorrow. I don't want to break down before I've got my results but I don't want false hope either. :C

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky260)
    I'm debating whether it's worth looking at the grade boundaries tomorrow. I don't want to break down before I've got my results but I don't want false hope either. :C

Posted from TSR Mobile

What difference does it make? The grade boundaries represent how well students as a whole have done. They've obviously been worked out to account for all students, you included, so it doesn't really matter how high or low they are. All it tells you is how well or badly everyone has done, you'll still come out with the same grade overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king cobra)
    what do poeple want to do at uni????????????????????????????? ?????????
    Well I would love to take a physics or maths course at Imperial College London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I am not too sure about this hypothesis because AQA seemed to mark the June 12 Unit 1 papers more slackly than the January 2012 Unit 1 papers.For example 1% of people got an A* in B1 in January but 10% got an A* in B1 in June, which seems fishy and the BBC did an article on it-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19599279.So I would expect the marking to be harsher because its the first sitting.
    If Im not mistaken, the unit 1 papers were first sat in Jun 2012 along with the unit 2 exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesk8ing97)
    I wanna go to ucl and do maths and modern foreign languages! Not entirely sure on career but that what I enjoy xx
    I'm the same! (not intent on UCL though)

ReputationRep:
    Turns out we don't have to go up to the school, so mine are being held at the post office, to be collected any time after half 8! No more waiting on the post until half 2 like last year...

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs with CCEA are released tomorrow.
    Eh? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What difference does it make? The grade boundaries represent how well students as a whole have done. They've obviously been worked out to account for all students, you included, so it doesn't really matter how high or low they are. All it tells you is how well or badly everyone has done, you'll still come out with the same grade overall.
    Unfortunately your grade depends on how everyone else has done and it's another day of wondering where you are on the spectrum. (I'm so optimistic.)

Can the exam boards not just accidentally leak our results to our inboxes? Now would be great. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerock)
    If Im not mistaken, the unit 1 papers were first sat in Jun 2012 along with the unit 2 exams
    No it was first sat on Jan 12 with just the unit 1's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  8.0 KB
    Seems rather fitting

ReputationRep:
    Guys how much can your grades go up by just from GCSES?
    Say now your coursework is a C grade and you done quiet well on the exam? Would it go up alot?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do grade boundaries come out at exactly midnight tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    Guys how much can your grades go up by just from GCSES?
    Say now your coursework is a C grade and you done quiet well on the exam? Would it go up alot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It all depends on how much the coursework is worth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piledriver)
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  8.0 KB
    Seems rather fitting
    SHARKNADO! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.1997)
    Do grade boundaries come out at exactly midnight tomorrow?
    In theory, they should (plus a few minutes). But some exam boards are slower than others at putting up their grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    It all depends on how much the coursework is worth
    Like say 60%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    i think it's more actually can't remember lol, im trying to stay up actually
    lol I've only got 10 (well 9.5 since RS is a short course). And lool are you really nervous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    lol I've only got 10 (well 9.5 since RS is a short course). And lool are you really nervous?
    I have 10.5 but I have to do
    Welsh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tohaaaa)
    Mark Schemes aren't released until 9 months after.
    Yh, but the teacher's can see, so they may know some of the answers. So maybe they can tell you? Though I seriously doubt it. Though I'm not too sure about AQA . . . I think almost all exam materials are released for teachers before the results (like one or two days) and for us students like a whole year almost. That's actually stupid.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.