Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone recently attended a dwf AC have any tips for me?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a lot of people, including me, have still not heard from Gibson Dunn. Do you think it's worth someone making a phone call to see if they are still bothering? What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyclaireL)
    I completely agree! do you think it's Worth emailing?
    Definitely! Who's going to take the plunge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    Seems like a lot of people, including me, have still not heard from Gibson Dunn. Do you think it's worth someone making a phone call to see if they are still bothering? What do you guys think?
    Please do!

Also, I've not heard the outcome of my Clyde and Co app yet. Sent an email to them a few days ago, but not had a reply. Does anyone know what's going on there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benbutterworth)
    Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post-video interview. Emailed them last week and they said they were currently screening and will get back to everyone soon.
    have you checked your Mischon "messenger" thing? mine changed from 'video interview' to 'assessment day' but i haven't received an email yet about it.

anyone have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    Not been on here in the past day, do you have any updates?

ReputationRep:
    I've been placed on the reserve list for Shoosmiths. Is anyone aware of my likelihood of still getting on to the scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseh92)
    Please do!

Also, I've not heard the outcome of my Clyde and Co app yet. Sent an email to them a few days ago, but not had a reply. Does anyone know what's going on there?
    they're running the easter vac scheme at the moment so are incredibly busy - it finishes on friday so i presume they'll get back to you after then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Hard to say this year with the SRA code in question.

It's usually late July and August though. Depends on how many stages there are and how many trainees they need to recruit.

Larger firms will have it spread out over a number of weeks, while those recruiting a handful of trainees will only have one or two days worth of interviews.

I would apply and then try and defer. But if you are unsuccessful this year, then you could apply next cycle instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, that's helpful! Will be interesting to see what the impact of the SRA code withdrawal will be

ReputationRep:
    Penningtons Manches Oxford VS offer!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Which seats are you going to put? I'm wondering if you were on my AC.

Really excited as first I've applied for and first I've got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxanneselby1979)
    Me too! Which seats are you going to put? I'm wondering if you were on my AC.

Really excited as first I've applied for and first I've got.
    Great, congratulations! I Was in the afternoon Oxford AC. I've put IP and IT, CDR and Corporate. Hopefully see you there!

ReputationRep:
    You too! Ah, you must have been the other group: I was morning (my son was off for easter hols and I thought it would be a nightmare if I didn't get out of the house at the crack of dawn).

You've put the same choices as me! Actually, I am pretty flexible (really want IP as I have a publishing background), although please not family!

Hope to see you there too? Are you targeting OXF? I've also applied to Blake Morgan, although not heard anything Thought should prob try RDG too, but really want to practise in OXF and no time to extend applications to RDG what with work, GDL, and stuff this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Yes.

I've been on five open days now, everyone wears a suit.
    May I ask which open days you have attended so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero_Gravity91)
    May I ask which open days you have attended so far?
    Sure, I've been on open days at;

Hogan Lovells, Linklaters, DLA Piper, King & Wood Mallesons and Holman Fenwick Willan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Sure, I've been on open days at;

Hogan Lovells, Linklaters, DLA Piper, King & Wood Mallesons and Holman Fenwick Willan.
    How were the open days at Linklaters, King & Wood Mallesons, Hogan Lovells, and DLA Piper? What kind of differences did you find between the law firms and what did you like about each open day?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_floyd)
    Thank you, that's helpful! Will be interesting to see what the impact of the SRA code withdrawal will be
    I doubt it will create much difference. Most firms will still want to wait and see your exams results from this year, so I can't see them bringing it forward much before mid-July anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero_Gravity91)
    How were the open days at Linklaters, King & Wood Mallesons, Hogan Lovells, and DLA Piper? What kind of differences did you find between the law firms and what did you like about each open day?
    Obviously on each open day you find out a lot about what the strengths of each firm are. Where their offices are located, what sectors they're particularly strong in, a little about how they see the future of the firm etc. This information is all available online however, so I'm not going to regurgitate it.

What I found particularly useful about the open days is you get a feeling of the type of people they employ, what the work environment is like, hours etc. For example, I loved the day at Linklaters. Everyone I met was very down to earth, talked about how they worked extremely hard but also everyone was more than merely a corporate robot who's life was contained within their office. Hogan Lovells however I felt the complete opposite. Everyone felt they were very important, didn't seem to have any real personality and ultimately I don't thing it's a firm where I would ever really fit in.

DLA and King & Wood were fairly similar to Linklaters. I loved how everyone at King & Wood seemed so driven, they've grown extremely quickly and because of this I felt that they weren't resting on their laurels at all.

Even after attending open days it can be very difficult to write can what really differs between firms, but it's really helped me to realise what information a good applicant will know about the firm and what sort of candidate is successful in their recruitment process.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still waiting on Eversheds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawyertobe123)
    Is anyone still waiting on Eversheds?
    Yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.