Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    How's it going?
    Good, and you?

I should be doing maths coursework right now, but hey :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    Good, and you?

I'm good too. Is this the same maths coursework you were talking about weeks ago?:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm good too. Is this the same maths coursework you were talking about weeks ago?:lol:
    **** me, you have a good memory.

it is, yes. I'm about 15% done :')

ReputationRep:
    **** me, you have a good memory.

it is, yes. I'm about 15% done :')
    I have a weird memory, I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night but I can remember that.

So leaving TSR for a bit didn't help you do more work then?

ReputationRep:
    I have a weird memory, I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night but I can remember that.

I went on a month hiatus and felt a little better, and I'm still in rehab, but other than that, yeah, I still struggled with this.

Though, having said that, it did help with other assignments at school. It's just that this coursework is so boring :')

Most of my time is now spent on Track though, desperately hoping that maybe an admissions tutor at SOAS snuck back in and gave me an offer… It hasn't happened yet. Still, I have a Durham offer, which is okay.

ReputationRep:
    Good, and you?

Welcome back

Your departure didn't do much good then ay?

ReputationRep:
    I went on a month hiatus and felt a little better, and I'm still in rehab, but other than that, yeah, I still struggled with this.

Though, having said that, it did help with other assignments at school. It's just that this coursework is so boring :')

Most of my time is now spent on Track though, desperately hoping that maybe an admissions tutor at SOAS snuck back in and gave me an offer… It hasn't happened yet. Still, I have a Durham offer, which is okay.
    Congrats on the Durham offer, for Mandarin was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Welcome back

Your departure didn't do much good then ay?
    Nope. But still, I'll have to learn at some point to restrain myself from the occasional leftist/feminist rant...

Do you remember at the start of the Y12 (or possibly Y11) thread when we all did that political thing and it mapped our leanings onto that chart? I was thinking about that the other day...

Congrats on the Durham offer, for Mandarin was it?
    Close. Chinese Studies, Half language, half culture. But many thanks

Are you at uni? For some reason, I have a feeling that you are :')

ReputationRep:

Nah I'm in Y13.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm in Y13
    Ah right, are you applying? if so, for what?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. But still, I'll have to learn at some point to restrain myself from the occasional leftist/feminist rant...

Do you remember at the start of the Y12 (or possibly Y11) thread when we all did that political thing and it mapped our leanings onto that chart? I was thinking about that the other day...

Haha, that's true

I do! I think I was in the green zone... Not sure.

My favourite online thing is the myers Brigg personality tests

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, are you applying? if so, for what?
    Mechanical Engineering, most likely at Bath.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's true

Just did one and got ISTP.

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical Engineering, most likely at Bath.
    Pretty darn cool.

Haha, that's true

I think I was even further left than Ghandi, (who, truth be told, apparently wasn't that left wing)...

Geogebra is a bunch of ****e, I'm not going to lie. It's going to crash my computer in a minute. I can't get Autograph to work on my mac though… :/

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo or chem

Yeah, it's a whole year out in industry somewhere. Quite a few in America which would be super cool.

Bristol and Bath! AA so pretty much guaranteed :lol: unless I get Ds and Es this year....

Cambridge interview... I think it went quite **** because the actual content was way way way too easy. And one of the Interviewers, I feel he didn't like me and despite the easy content, I was a bit slow on some parts. BUT having said that, there's always a chance.
    Sounds interesting, I'd definitely recommend california if are any placements there

Congrats on those offers, and I'm sure the cambridge interview didn't go as badly as you think. Pretty much everyone I know who got offers from oxbridge said their interviews went horribly

ReputationRep:
    Just did one and got ISTP.
    Lol a pair from the I, we are opposites.
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Sounds interesting, I'd definitely recommend california if are any placements there

Congrats on those offers, and I'm sure the cambridge interview didn't go as badly as you think. Pretty much everyone I know who got offers from oxbridge said their interviews went horribly
    If I get into Cambridge I'm going to try and get onto the MIT exchange!

Thanks, idk, I thought they went okay. Like I could have done better, but I guess that's expected with the nerves :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I have so much free time, I need to start making use of it. I want to learn how to play the piano but they're so expensive.

ReputationRep:

Here's a way to mind**** someone. Tell them to look at you in the eyes, and they aren't allowed to look away / break eye contact. Then ask them what they had for lunch yesterday

I have so much free time, I need to start making use of it. I want to learn how to play the piano but they're so expensive.
    From my experience, keyboards are a bad substitute and nothing can beat the feel of a proper piano. If you ever get to play on a Bosendorfer, my god, I probably wouldn't have stopped if I had a Bosendorfer
    Learn the electric guitar :beard: you can get a good one for the same price as a keyboard
    I'd only learn the electric guitar if you can play songs that you like on it though, i.e. you listen to rock etc.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've decided I'm going to learn gutitar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Here's a way to mind**** someone. Tell them to look at you in the eyes, and they aren't allowed to look away / break eye contact. Then ask them what they had for lunch yesterday

From my experience, keyboards are a bad substitute and nothing can beat the feel of a proper piano. If you ever get to play on a Bosendorfer, my god, I probably wouldn't have stopped if I had a Bosendorfer
    Learn the electric guitar :beard: you can get a good one for the same price as a keyboard
    I'd only learn the electric guitar if you can play songs that you like on it though, i.e. you listen to rock etc.
    Lol yeah, you look up to visualise what you ate so it's harder to remember

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.