This discussion is closed.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
I have aptly amended my avatar via my impressive paint skills
All these dead Phoenixs you think the lib dems are due for another merger?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lmaooo I did think about something to do with the Tories in there, but my paint skills don't go that far

Perhaps he should have a slightly quenching look though as we all seem to feel a bit of sympathy.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Why on earth would they merge.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)

Perhaps he should have a slightly quenching look though as we all seem to feel a bit of sympathy.
If I had more room I would put it on a bed of roses with a tombstone for a proper, sympathetic burial
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

We feel sympathy... pfft
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Who with? The Lib Dems really are the only party for the centre (would say centre-right, but I think that could change now that they've become aware of what going right has done to them this election).

I can't ever see them merging with Labour or the Cons, nor any other party really.

And I would hope they do not
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why on earth would they merge.
The lib dems are intact a merged party of the liberal and Democrat party and only merged when both fell on hard times. They combined their core supporters which propelled them far. Another Merger now isn't unlikely.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who with? The Lib Dems really are the only party for the centre (would say centre-right, but I think that could change now that they've become aware of what going right has done to them this election).

I can't ever see them merging with Labour or the Cons, nor any other party really.

I don't know DUP? And I always thought lib dems were center left... But a merger would be with another small party.
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
good evening
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dayum - no results tonight... (Check out ATS!)
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I don't know DUP? And I always thought lib dems were center left... But a merger would be with another small party.
I think that they were and a lot of their supporters were, but going with the conservatives has probably made them appear more centre-right and is the reason why a lot of their centre-left supporters buggered off to other parties

I don't see why they'd merge with any parties outside of the UK really, but I guess it's not an impossibility though.

Though I'm sure someone told me the DUP were basically 'NI Tories' the other day?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
The DUP?! Not a hope in hell.

Perhaps Alliance in NI, although that wouldn't exactly help them as they aren't too popular either.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I have to admit it will be nice not seeing Cables' ugly mug. His loss was the best of night, only just better than that wind turbine hippy Ed. Davy.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think that they were and a lot of their supporters were, but going with the conservatives has probably made them appear more centre-right and is the reason why a lot of their centre-left supporters buggered off to other parties

I don't see why they'd merge with any parties outside of the UK really, but I guess it's not an impossibility though.

Though I'm sure someone told me the DUP were basically 'NI Tories' the other day?
you say that but the torys took most of the lib dems seats? That's what's weird because it doesn't look like left wing punishment at all.

NI is in the UK???

see below.

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
The DUP?! Not a hope in hell.

Perhaps Alliance in NI, although that wouldn't exactly help them as they aren't too popular either.
Aren't DUP NI centralist?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Nah, they'll manage to rally themselves under new leadership, they will have a tough decade or three but they're not down for the count just yet
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Not in the slightest bit. Right-wing Protestant-fundamentalist bigots most of them.
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
you say that but the torys took most of the lib dems seats? That's what's weird because it doesn't look like left wing punishment at all.

NI is in the UK???

see below.

I meant the fact if they share the same values as the UK Conservatives, I can't see why on Earth they'd merge ---
Oops I skimmed your post.

Yes the conservatives may have won in the constituencies where it was lib dem majority overtaken by cons, but I'm saying that because they lost their centre-left support, they didn't have enough votes to prop them up and would have been overtaken by cons in those areas if you understand me
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The DUP are the most backwards, wrong party to exist in the world, and if Cameron dares try to use their support oh gosh will he get a backfiring. In fact, one of Blair's past aides called the DUP "nutcases" yesterday on live tv and no one disagreed with him.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
The lib dems are intact a merged party of the liberal and Democrat party and only merged when both fell on hard times. They combined their core supporters which propelled them far. Another Merger now isn't unlikely.
Yes. They never merged because of hard times though, the SDLP split from Labour because of the militants and allied with the old liberals, if anything they merged because of the success of that alliance.

I meant the fact if they share the same values as the UK Conservatives, I can't see why on Earth they'd merge ---
Oops I skimmed your post.

Yes the conservatives may have won in the constituencies where it was lib dem majority overtaken by cons, but I'm saying that because they lost their centre-left support, they didn't have enough votes to prop them up and would have been overtaken by cons in those areas if you understand me
I think what happened is that the left of your party left and the right of the party crapped themselves at the thought of a Labour led SNP so rallied behind the larger coalition partner.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Not in the slightest bit. Right-wing Protestant-fundamentalist bigots most of them.
Gregory Campbell, Gavin Robinson, Edwin Poots, and Jim Wells. That's all I say.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.76%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.81%
I don't think they'd understand (26)
17.57%
It might lead to more bullying (55)
37.16%
There's nothing they could do (41)
27.7%

Watched Threads