Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaysinn)
    wow... congrats... so did you read the whole passage quickly then answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    When is your ukcat?
    Thursday, and yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Thursday, and yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    two weeks, how are your practice analysis looking on medify, an how did you do on mocks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roman hang Limbu)
    Well trust me when i say this mine is probably one of the worst one out there. BAND 4 ON SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT. (and apparently only psychopaths get band 4). All other sections 580s except for QR which i struggled most on before but got 620 which is still garbage i know but it was my best section. The thing that pisses me of the most is that i used to get minimum band 2 every mock i did on Situational judgement and then i completely screw it up in an actual exam.
    I got Band 4 aswell!

ReputationRep:
    two weeks, how are your practice analysis looking on medify, an how did you do on mocks??
    When I do my test if I do decent then I'll be sure to post on here my mock scores, but at the minute they mean nothing as I've heard from pretty much everyone on this thread that mocks are harder than the real thing but in general I've been getting anywhere between 600-700. AR 64.4%, QR 61.1%, SJT 62.8%, VR 71.5% (some timed and some untimed but I've completed every stem). Hope this helps, you've got plenty of time to revise anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaysinn)
    See for VR was it mostly T/F/CT or the type 2.

ReputationRep:
    When I do my test if I do decent then I'll be sure to post on here my mock scores, but at the minute they mean nothing as I've heard from pretty much everyone on this thread that mocks are harder than the real thing but in general I've been getting anywhere between 600-700. AR 64.4%, QR 61.1%, SJT 62.8%, VR 71.5% (some timed and some untimed but I've completed every stem). Hope this helps, you've got plenty of time to revise anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how long have you been revising for? Do you skim read in VR too?

ReputationRep:
    how long have you been revising for? Do you skim read in VR too?
    A month, and yes I skim read too! I'm actually gonna have a little practice now at reading the passages on UKCAT Ninja just in case the questions are dreadful tomorrow ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Recently sat my UKCAT and got:
    VR: 530 (lol)........was always bad at this, was getting 570ish in the mocks, the texts were not insanely long but so hard to understand as it was mainly on 16th century history and politics in different countries
    QR: 890.....was getting about 850ish in the mocks, tbh people say it was so easy but it really wasn't, it was just standard. Don't get complacent for this section, my mate came out with 600. It was a tad easier then medify. Overall just be quick at understanding the data and you'd be fine.
    AR: 860.....found it quite easy, the same difficulty as medify. I guessed 5 questions in total as i couldn't figure out 1 set. Just remember scans. There were a lot of annoying sequences questions too about 6-7 i would say.
    SJT: band 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    VR: 530 (lol)........was always bad at this, was getting 570ish in the mocks, the texts were not insanely long but so hard to understand as it was mainly on 16th century history and politics in different countries
    QR: 890.....was getting about 850ish in the mocks, tbh people say it was so easy but it really wasn't, it was just standard. Don't get complacent for this section, my mate came out with 600. It was a tad easier then medify. Overall just be quick at understanding the data and you'd be fine.
    AR: 860.....found it quite easy, the same difficulty as medify. I guessed 5 questions in total as i couldn't figure out 1 set. Just remember scans. There were a lot of annoying sequences questions too about 6-7 i would say.
    Nice score!
    Did you get loads of data questions or not? What were the type of qs in QR??
    How were the patterns in AR, were they complexed and were there lots of Set A/B Questions or were there lots of complete the series/this is that so what is this to that?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!! when do you think i should start to do my medify mocks?? I have 13 days till my exam and don't know when to start??

ReputationRep:
    A month, and yes I skim read too! I'm actually gonna have a little practice now at reading the passages on UKCAT Ninja just in case the questions are dreadful tomorrow ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which region of the country are you doing it in? I'm hoping on the off chance you are doing it in the same one as me so you can tell me if there are keyboards there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Hiya!! when do you think i should start to do my medify mocks?? I have 13 days till my exam and don't know when to start??
    I started mine like 3/4 days before lol but I'd say leave them until the last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which region of the country are you doing it in? I'm hoping on the off chance you are doing it in the same one as me so you can tell me if there are keyboards there lol
    😂 ngl I am worried after seeing someone say there wasn't any keyboards lol, I'm in Cheshire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    did you apply scans in each set and get a definite answer?? x
    well done, amazing score!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nice score!
    Did you get loads of data questions or not? What were the type of qs in QR??
    How were the patterns in AR, were they complexed and were there lots of Set A/B Questions or were there lots of complete the series/this is that so what is this to that?
    Thanks
    Yes lots of data for QR: pie charts ( 8 questions) bar chars (MANY questions ) it was all data tbh.
    For AR there was roughly 45 set A/B questions out of 55. there was 10 of serious and this is to this so was is that equal to.Patterns same difficulty as medify one pattern was number of enclosed spaces and i was just like yeah baby!!!!
    Having sat this exam twice i would say it is:60% ability (which almost all of us have)20% strategy (for e.g for VR just make sure you know what you are gonna do, i skipped long passages and concentrated mainly on the T/F/CT, this worked the best for me)20% mental (Take deep breathes (or breaths????) at the start to slow you heart rate down and remove anxiety, trust me last year i was SOOOOO nervous for the VR section, i couldn't read the passages and take in and retain in. So its crucial you keep control of your nerves!)
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you get certain number of T/F questions and type 2 questions or is it random?

ReputationRep:
    Yes lots of data for QR: pie charts ( 8 questions) bar chars (MANY questions ) it was all data tbh.
    For AR there was roughly 45 set A/B questions out of 55. there was 10 of serious and this is to this so was is that equal to.
    Having sat this exam twice i would say it is:60% ability (which almost all of us have)20% strategy (for e.g for VR just make sure you know what you are gonna do, i skipped long passages and concentrated mainly on the T/F/CT, this worked the best for me)20% mental (Take deep breathes (or breaths????) at the start to slow you heart rate down and remove anxiety, trust me last year i was SOOOOO nervous for the VR section, i couldn't read the passages and take in and retain in. So its crucial you keep control of your nerves!)
    Good Luck!
    When you say 45 set A/B do you mean A, B, neither? or actually A/B because I can't do those ones at all 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    wow... congrats... so did you read the whole passage quickly then answer?
    Yeap i did that for the most part but switched to skimming only at the very end when i didn't have sufficient time left.

ReputationRep:
    For AR there was roughly 45 set A/B questions out of 55. there was 10 of serious and this is to this so was is that equal to.Patterns same difficulty as medify one pattern was number of enclosed spaces and i was just like yeah baby!!!!
    Good Luck!
    do you remember any other sort of patterns that came up? LOL AT yeahhhh baby!! haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.