The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Same question as Drewww, except I got 4 A*s, 7 As and a B
Well done to everyone today! You have all worked so hard and you deserve all the amazing grades that you got ❤️
I got 7A* and 7A which I'm so pleased about, even though I know I could've done better in some, I know I have worked to my best ability and that's all that matters!
I'm so chuffed, 8A*'s and 2A's. Best mark in my year and I'm so proud of myself :-)
I'm sick of everyone being so happy about my grades. I'm not, in the slightest and it's made worse when everyone makes me feel like I should be happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tinawu
Well done to everyone today! You have all worked so hard and you deserve all the amazing grades that you got ❤️
I got 7A* and 7A which I'm so pleased about, even though I know I could've done better in some, I know I have worked to my best ability and that's all that matters!

But that's so good and you can only try your best! Plus the fact you have achieved 14 GCSEs!! 14!! I did 12 and it nearly killed me haha
Original post by Itzxsmithyy
I'm 18 and I started an apprenticeship not so long ago. I got my result for English today. It came back 2 marks off a C (for the 3rd year in a row, 6 exams in a row I've came within 1-2 marks from a C). So I'm at the point now where I know that I'm not going to get a C from getting it re marked. My question is, what happens now? I've left school with a D in English but I've already secured an apprenticeship. What happens if I don't get a full time job from it and I want to search for a job? I dont have a C in English so nobody would take me on.

it's definitely worth having it remarked. it seems like you're saying the only other option is to give up and accept a D in english, without ever having your paper remarked and finding out if you can get a C. honestly, please have it remarked - if you don't, you might end up wondering whether you would have been able to get a C if you'd sent it in. it could be one of those things that you always regret not doing, yknow?

i got my gcse english paper remarked two years ago and i was 2 or 3 marks off the next grade - and it went up a grade. it's always worth trying in my opinion, rather than just assuming that you have no chance of getting a C and leaving it at that.

i hope things go well for you!
Original post by Kxjzh
I'm sick of everyone being so happy about my grades. I'm not, in the slightest and it's made worse when everyone makes me feel like I should be happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel, it's like you're not allowed to be disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Drewwww
Quick question - I got 5 A*s, 4 A's and a B - will this B in Spanish hold me back in anyway? Hoping to apply to Cambridge

Another student also wanting to apply for Oxbridge here - any help?
Original post by eliwats
Isn't that exactly what straight As and A*s is lol

Yeah :danceboy:

EDIT: Might as well post my grades

Maths: A*
Further Maths: A^
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Computing: A*
R.S: A* (idk how)
English Language: A* (same as RS)
English Literature: A
Geography: A
Music: A
Spanish: A (was expecting a C so very pleased!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewwww
Quick question - I got 5 A*s, 4 A's and a B - will this B in Spanish hold me back in anyway? Hoping to apply to Cambridge

Original post by xleo.norx
Same question as Drewww, except I got 4 A*s, 7 As and a B

Original post by YeoniSmol
Another student also wanting to apply for Oxbridge here - any help?

The B will not hold any of you back! As long as you have decent results, with mostly As and A*s you will have a competitive application. A few Bs, Cs or even Ds will not matter as long as you work hard at your A levels and on the other aspects of your application.
Original post by Kxjzh

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, a lot of the time some people are unhappy with A's or B's because they want A*'s, while other people are extremely happy with C's. i think it depends on how well you've done in school before your exams, and the expectations you place on yourself & others place on you. i was in an advanced class, and i was slightly disappointed at getting an A in french because i really wanted an A*. i'm okay with an A to be honest, but if i say that i wished i'd gotten an A*, people are like: 'you should be happy with an A!' it really just depends on what you were aiming to get.

you're 100% allowed to be happy or unhappy with whatever results you got, and it's definitely frustrating when people make you feel like you have the 'wrong' reaction to your grades, seeing as we were all aiming for different grades in the first place.
What's the procedure for getting a remark?
I'm getting edexcel maths remarked. 4 marks off a C. highly unlikely i will get it but you never know.
Original post by thepewds_
What's the procedure for getting a remark?

ask for remark. it goes away for remark. you get it back in about 4 weeks.
Original post by Pedrex
Yeah thanks, i really don't know what im going to do, i did my best and couldn't do more so I'm not annoyed with myself. I just really want to do them subjects that's all. I wish you the best with your results too :smile:

sorry if someone's already said this, but you could get them remarked if they're several marks away from the next grade up ! remarking is always something to consider, it boosted my english grade up from a C to a B :h:
I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my results today!

Last year I got (year 10):
GCSE Media Studies AQA: A*
GCSE Core Science AQA: A*

Today I got:
Additional Science AQA: A
Further Additional Science AQA: B
Mathematics Edexcel: A*
English Language CIE: A
English Literature AQA IGCSE: A*
Applied Business Edexcel: A (1 UMS off A* so remark has been submitted)
Computing OCR: A*
Geography AQA: A
R.E B Full Course AQA: A
BTEC First Award in Music: Level 2 DN*

also got a Bronze and. Silver. Arts Award passed so another level 1 and level 2 qualification 😜 congratulations everyone! Hope you all got what you deserved!
Original post by Im_trying
ask for remark. it goes away for remark. you get it back in about 4 weeks.

Ask whom?
I passed maths i got a grade C, i'm so happy that i don't have to do again, hard work pays off. :biggrin:
Reply 5338
3 A*s, 6 As and 2 Bs. Gonna get 3 of my As remarked tho as I was 5 or less UMS marks off an A*
Original post by Im_trying
I'm getting edexcel maths remarked. 4 marks off a C. highly unlikely i will get it but you never know.

hey I'm_trying its lopes 123, wow 4 marks off a C quite close, I do foundation maths and I got an F, I'm disappointed, but I have to work harder. that's good, I recommend that. you could even get your C:biggrin:

Latest