(Original post by h333)
    :flutter: got you habibi.
    Good <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    DBI :hand: are you a Muslim?
    I doubt it

(Original post by Squish•)
    So even if you see some guy that you like or you know them from university and you like them then you still have to marry only the ones that your parents have?
    No I will not go against my parents will. But I trust my parents a lot and they know what is good for me. They will never force me either Alhamdulillah. Plus I am not the type to like a guy so easily irl...I just keep to myself so insha'Allah none of that happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Please don't quote that Disgusting Chocolate
    Lol this made me chuckle, i'll delete my post.

Too much marriage talk 😩
    Leukocyte I am officially married to you forget guys :rofl:

Assalaamu Alaykum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Too much marriage talk 😩

Assalaamu Alaykum
    Lool

Walaykum asalaam

ReputationRep:
    How big of a sin is music? As i can't stop listening too it (without vocals mainly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Too much marriage talk 😩

Assalaamu Alaykum
    Absolutely haram

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User1212)
    How big of a sin is music? As i can't stop listening too it (without vocals mainly)
    Everytime you feel the urge to play music, just switch to Quran instead. There are some great reciters out there.
    Also it's best to delete any songs you may have on your phone, laptop etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    PRSOM. An excellent and concise summary.

I have sent your question to a number of knowledgable brothers, who will get back to me soon.
    Thanks for doing that, I'm genuinely looking forward to hearing their answers. Just out of interest, who are these people that you're in contact with? Are any of them studying at a hawza?

ReputationRep:
    It is a Major Sin.

Destruction and Transfigurement into Apes & Swine.

The Prophet (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said,

"There will be [at some future time] people from my Ummah [community of Muslims] who will seek to make lawful: fornication, the wearing of silk, wine-drinking and the use of musical instruments. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Then Allah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state until the Day of Resurrection."

Sahih al-Bukhari 5590

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

“People among my nation will drink wine, calling it by another name, and musical instruments will be played for them and singing girls (will sing for them). Allah will cause the earth to swallow them up, and will turn them into monkeys and pigs.”

Sunan Ibn Majah 4020

Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

[Quran 25:70]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    It is a Major Sin.

Destruction and Transfigurement into Apes & Swine.

The Prophet (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said,

"There will be [at some future time] people from my Ummah [community of Muslims] who will seek to make lawful: fornication, the wearing of silk, wine-drinking and the use of musical instruments. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Then Allah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state until the Day of Resurrection."

Sahih al-Bukhari 5590

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

“People among my nation will drink wine, calling it by another name, and musical instruments will be played for them and singing girls (will sing for them). Allah will cause the earth to swallow them up, and will turn them into monkeys and pigs.”

Sunan Ibn Majah 4020

Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

[Quran 25:70]
    Sounds a little harsh

ReputationRep:
    SubhanAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

Absolutely haram

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am saying that arranged marriages does not mean that the parents choose all the time...it could be the guy who considers a girl and then gets the family involved. And then the girl also gives her approval obvs. Then it can progress.
    Lol as in I am glad I don't have to find someone myself like you would as a guy.
    No I will not go against my parents will. But I trust my parents a lot and they know what is good for me. They will never force me either Alhamdulillah. Plus I am not the type to like a guy so easily irl...I just keep to myself so insha'Allah none of that happening.
    Basically i was talking about love marriage, like what are you gonna do if you didn't get any or good proposals. Obviously you're not just gonna be like huh i wanna marry them but that's what the point of meeting up is for or you could've known them for a long time throughout school or etc. & sit.s like that are how men marry christians or jewish people not through proposals. Btw that's what i thought was funny about getting a proposal before you 'know' them.
    I wasn't saying to go against your parent, i was talking about not even pursuing someone you like because you are leaving it up to your parents and proposals.

I wasn't actually meant to talk about marrying i was more interested in the different culture thing because i could not ever imagine an arranged marriage personally because of my culture- it's so strange to me, but it got awkward now talking about marriage Lilly

Doesn't matter now though, the discussion is hella differently weird and awkward now.

(Original post by Squish•)
    [/size][/spoiler]Basically i was talking about love marriage, like what are you gonna do if you didn't get any or good proposals. Obviously you're not just gonna be like huh i wanna marry them but that's what the point of meeting up is for or you could've known them for a long time throughout school or etc. & sit.s like that are how men marry christians or jewish people not through proposals. Btw that's what i thought was funny about getting a proposal before you 'know' them.
    I wasn't saying to go against your parent, i was talking about not even pursuing someone you like because you are leaving it up to your parents and proposals.

I wasn't actually meant to talk about marrying i was more interested in the different culture thing because i could not ever imagine an arranged marriage personally because of my culture- it's so strange to me, but it got awkward now talking about marriage Lilly

Doesn't matter now though, the discussion is hella differently weird and awkward now.
    Salaam.
    I understand dw. Maybe I came across as harsh, I am really sorry. When I read over it sounds weird but I was not mad or anything. Yeah my parents will defo listen to me and not force me into it if I don't approve even if they do. Although I do expect them to convince me lol and that is natural in my culture.

ive always thought real love comes after marriage :/

Really sorry if I have offended you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Salaam.
    I understand dw. Maybe I came across as harsh, I am really sorry. When I read over it sounds weird but I was not mad or anything. Yeah my parents will defo listen to me and not force me into it if I don't approve even if they do. Although I do expect them to convince me lol and that is natural in my culture.

ive always thought real love comes after marriage :/

Really sorry if I have offended you.
    Wa-alaikum assalam
    love marriages you supposed to kinda love before the marriage coz of compatibility an that but anyway you didn't offend me it's cool.

(Original post by h333)
    Yeaah I am girl too :five:
    I asked because I wanted to pm you if you want? :smile:
    awesome!!
    Yepp that's fine

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful story. Just goes to show that your past doesn't have to define your future. From robber to major scholar of Islam:

How Fudayl ibn Iyaad turned to Islam whole heartedly…

HE BROUGHT ME TO THEM SO THAT I CAN REFORM MY CHARACTER..

Al-Fudayl bin Iyaad was famous for his piety and worship, but he was not always a practicing Muslim. In his early years, al-Fudayl was an infamous highway robber; he would prowl in the night for victims on the road from Abiward to Sarakhs. Between these two cities was a small village in which lived a girl that al-Fudayl was in love with. One night, out of desperation to be with her, al-Fudayl climbed the wall of her home. As he was climbing over it, he heard a voice recite:

أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ*

Has not the time come for the hearts of those who believe to be affected by Allah’s Reminder?

[Qur’an al-Hadeed : 16]

At that moment, al-Fudayl answered, “O my Lord, the time has indeed come.” He returned from where he came and sought refuge near a traveling party on the main road. They were busy engaging in a serious discussion. al-Fudayl heard one of them say, “Let us continue our journey now.” Another answered, “No, not until the morning, for al-Fudayl is lurking on the road somewhere out there, just waiting to rob us.”

Having heard the entire conversation, al-Fudayl thought to himself, “I go around in the night to sin, while a group of Muslims remain here because they fear me. Indeed i feel that Allah has brought me here to them only so that I can reform my character. O Allah, I indeed repent to you..”

THE INTEGRITY OF AL-FUDAYL BIN ‘IYAAD

Ar-Rashid, a first century ruler, once said to al-Fudayl bin Iyaad, “Admonish me.”

“O Leader of the believers!” said al-Fudayl. “Indeed your grandfather, al-Abbaas, the uncle of the Prophet, once went to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, appoint me to be a leader.’ The Messenger of Allah said, ‘My uncle, indeed, being a leader leads to sorrow, and regret on the Day of Resurrection. If you are able to go without ever being a leader, then do so!'”

Moved to tears, ar-Rashid said, “Give me more.”

al-Fudayl looked at ar-Rashid and said, “O one who has a handsome face, if you are able to protect that face from the Hell-fire then do so. And beware of ever cheating or betraying your people.”

Being much moved by al-Fudayl’s words, ar-Rashid wanted to reward him.

“Do you have any debts?” he asked.

“To my Lord, yes, and He will hold me accountable for them,” said al-Fudayl.

“I am of course referring to debts to other human beings,” said ar-Rashid.

After al-Fudayl answered in the negative, ar-Rashid said to one of his assistants, “Give him 1000 dinars, which he can use to help his family.”

Al-Fudayl was greatly offended by these words and said, “How perfect Allah is! I am guiding you to safety and you want to reward me with this paltry, worldly sum!” He then left, refusing to take anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Salaam, hope you all are well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.