CTAM: Count to a million (Part 11)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)

Didn't perplex had it 1st before pt deleted a post? :hmmmm2:
    From what I saw, Perplexing had the 100th post and PT posted two wrong numbers, either side of the 100th post (99 and 101) to try and steal the 100 - neither of which worked

Is that what you saw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Have done and okay.

115 317
    Excellent

How are you on this fine evening, Bluebutterfly310?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    what
    oh f
    Why can't I count? :rofl:

Don't worry, we all always have the occasional "iffy" day whereby we can't count very well... I've had it happen many a time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Sorry, I've been a bit busy this evening....

Excellent I'm good, thanks for asking. Got a few more batteries to sort through, and a few more items to list (including a couple of joblots) and then things will be kinda back to normal

It's ok :hugs:nice to see you, to see you nice :mmm:
    haha yay, hope it goes ok for you

Don't worry, we all always have the occasional "iffy" day whereby we can't count very well... I've had it happen many a time!

mine is every day though :rofl:115,324

ReputationRep:
    Excellent

How are you on this fine evening, Bluebutterfly310?

Quite ill really, lost my voice as well

How are you?? Spotify

115 325

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Hi Spotify.

Glad to hear it! Wow, that sure does sound awesome! :yep:

Yep, it sure is

Believe it or not, I first came across the "free batteries for life" video about June last year, then thought to myself "can this really be true?". Sure enough, on checking the electronics department battery recycling bin, and getting a voltmeter out, it did appear to be true - approx 50% of the batteries were still good and perfectly salvageable. (The uploader of that video decided just to keep the 1.5V batteries; however, I categorize mine into 1.5V+, 1.0-1.5V and below 1.0V. The ones in the first category are almost brand new, the ones in the middle category will still work on most appliances, and the ones in the latter category are dead and cannot be reused.) Using my method, I often got a 70%+ success rate, i.e. only 30% of the batteries in that recycle bin, actually needed to be in the recycle bin.

After just over a year of doing that, I now have a 5 year supply of most normal batteries, and over 100 free rechargeable batteries. Awesome

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it sure is

Believe it or not, I first came across the "free batteries for life" video about June last year, then thought to myself "can this really be true?". Sure enough, on checking the electronics department battery recycling bin, and getting a voltmeter out, it did appear to be true - approx 50% of the batteries were still good and perfectly salvageable. (The uploader of that video decided just to keep the 1.5V batteries; however, I categorize mine into 1.5V+, 1.0-1.5V and below 1.0V. The ones in the first category are almost brand new, the ones in the middle category will still work on most appliances, and the ones in the latter category are dead and cannot be reused.) Using my method, I often got a 70%+ success rate, i.e. only 30% of the batteries in that recycle bin, actually needed to be in the recycle bin.

After just over a year of doing that, I now have a 5 year supply of most normal batteries, and over 100 free rechargeable batteries. Awesome

Ohh wow, and that's a pretty good success rate. :yy:
    Oh my goodness, that's even better than awesome! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Quite ill really, lost my voice as well

How are you?? Spotify

115 325
    Awww... :hugs: :heart: Hope you feel better soon! :console:

I'm good, thanks for asking Bit chilly but it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow

(In case you're wondering, I chose that username because I was into using Spotify quite a lot in previous years, and although I don't use it as much now, it's still great for music. And it's a username that has stuck with me through the last few years )

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Awww... :hugs: :heart: Hope you feel better soon! :console:

I'm good, thanks for asking Bit chilly but it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow

(In case you're wondering, I chose that username because I was into using Spotify quite a lot in previous years, and although I don't use it as much now, it's still great for music. And it's a username that has stuck with me through the last few years )

Thank you :hugs:

Good to hear and no worries and is it really ??

Ah i see. Thanks for explaining. I chose blue butterfly as my username because they represent powerful transform of the soul.

115 331

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's ok :hugs:nice to see you, to see you nice :mmm:
    haha yay, hope it goes ok for you

mine is every day though :rofl:115,324
    Haha, I remember that!It's nice to see you, to see you nice!

Reminds me of the TV show "Play Your cards Right"

Yep, sure hope so Btw, I was going to sell a pair of batteries separately, but since no one's going to buy them (ends tonight in about 1hr and no bids), I'm going to group them into a job lot of Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable cells

Well, nevermind So long as all the numbers get edited, that's the main thing And these threads are great for a community feel and a bit of nice chatter

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I remember that!It's nice to see you, to see you nice!

Reminds me of the TV show "Play Your cards Right"

Yep, sure hope so Btw, I was going to sell a pair of batteries separately, but since no one's going to buy them (ends tonight in about 1hr and no bids), I'm going to group them into a job lot of Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable cells

Well, nevermind So long as all the numbers get edited, that's the main thing And these threads are great for a community feel and a bit of nice chatter

fab show :rofl: yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazing Crust)
    We don't need no PBUs
    So go and leave us alone now....

Oh no, oh no, it's pinkteddy again
    He's back again and out to disrupt
    Why on earth he does this, nobody knows
    He's just causing more mayhem on here....

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    We don't need no PBUs
    So go and leave us alone now....

Oh no, oh no, it's pinkteddy again
    He's back again and out to disrupt
    Why on earth he does this, nobody knows
    He's just causing more mayhem on here....
    :rolleyes: :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    fab show :rofl: yeah
    I always try and watch it when they have the re-runs on Challenge TV

See above....

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.