Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    :banghead: Forgot about a cheque I paid with ages ago which only came out today so went £30 overdrawn.
    It's interest and fee free right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    It's interest and fee free right?
    Not sure - I hadn't technically 'arranged' one yet (because they wouldn't let me before my 18th) so it depends how anal they are about that. Also, it was rectified on the same day (just transferred money from my other account). :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Reduction formula :rolleyes:

And they do come up in pre-made prelims
    Oh dear.:eek3:

I just made the assumption since I've never seen anything remotely like it in a past paper, though admittedly I've only got 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Oh.
    I know when I'm not wanted... *sniff*
    :jumphug: Sorry, I was just going out and the temptation was too great. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure - I hadn't technically 'arranged' one yet (because they wouldn't let me before my 18th) so it depends how anal they are about that. Also, it was rectified on the same day (just transferred money from my other account). :dontknow:
    Oh you are over 18 now? Happy (Late) Birthday! :p:
    If your account is a student account then there should be some interest free overdraft on it already. They don't care if it's rectified on the same day, otherwise they wouldn't be profit-making.

(Original post by namedeprived)

I just made the assumption since I've never seen anything remotely like it in a past paper, though admittedly I've only got 4.
    Only P&N and PefectPapers can think of doing nasty things like this (they came up in one of my prelims) but they are technically examinable by the SQA :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)

If you do a bit of digging through the Scottish Qualifications forum, I scanned a couple of the earlier past papers (02/03 or something like that) and PMed them to some people, and they eventually got posted in the forum itself.

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: Sorry, I was just going out and the temptation was too great. :p:
    :awesome: You are forgiven.

ReputationRep:
    :ninjagirl: Hi
    How's it going? :bubbles:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    How's it going? :bubbles:
    Great thanks. Absolutely knackered though, finding it hard to adjust to working conditions.
    Boring bit :3
    I've given 5 injections though and I've done a whole lot of other things like replacing dressings, general observations, nursey stuff. I'm crap at manual blodd pressure readings though, I have to get a machine and practise on my poor friends and family :p:
    I'm half way through my placement already, time has just flew by.
    I'm getting to go see an operation too :woo: veeery soon. Eeeb!

Haha, nuff about me, how've you been?

ReputationRep:
    New series of QI! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    New series of QI! :woo:
    You just had to bring that up while I'm doing physics didn't you? :p:

We learnt how to declare factorials in lambda calculus today in the Emma Computing Society Meet

ReputationRep:
    You just had to bring that up while I'm doing physics didn't you? :p:
    Don't worry, it starts on Thursday.

We learnt how to declare factorials in lambda calculus today in the Emma Computing Society Meet
    Would anyone (apart from yourself!) notice if I just slyly started turning up to these? :p:

--

Gah, I keep going to use the laptop's scroll function/middle mouse button and it doesn't work because I accidentally killed the mouse driver earlier and cba rebooting. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Great thanks. Absolutely knackered though, finding it hard to adjust to working conditions.
    Boring bit :3
    I've given 5 injections though and I've done a whole lot of other things like replacing dressings, general observations, nursey stuff. I'm crap at manual blodd pressure readings though, I have to get a machine and practise on my poor friends and family :p:
    I'm half way through my placement already, time has just flew by.
    I'm getting to go see an operation too :woo: veeery soon. Eeeb!

Haha, nuff about me, how've you been?
    Time has indeed flown! That sounds like fun though; I imagine the placements are pretty invaluable in cementing nursing as your real career interest... there was something else you were almost changing your mind to a while ago, no?

Ahh, so you do actually practice on acquaintances... :p: my girlfriend has repeatedly stated that I'll make a good guinea pig for injections.

Which leads on to...

I'm fine. In a way. Also crappy in some other ways. Love hurts, et cetera. lol, et cetera. Things were very sour a few days ago and that's improved though, so alright overall. Nothing worth turning TSR into a diary for. :bubbles:

Hope it won't rain as insanely heavy tomorrow as it did today... :hare:

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone (apart from yourself!) notice if I just slyly started turning up to these? :p:
    Unfortunately you would be noticed :p: We only have around 10 members right now but we would welcome anybody to come along to the events! We have some very knowledgeable mathmos (who incredibly can talk to our compscis on par at C/C++) and two second year/one third year compscis. Today's talk was given by our third year compsci (on language design) and a fourth year mathmo (lambda calculus).

We are planning to invite guest speakers from next term onwards, hold more general meets (where syntax and semantics will be fought over, ho ho ho :rolleyes: ) and apply for college funding now we have a committee (so we can have free food and drink at Emma's expense )

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately you would be noticed :p: We only have around 10 members right now but we would welcome anybody to come along to the events!
    I might come along, if that would be alright and nobody would mind? You seem to be covering really interesting stuff, and nobody here seems to want to talk shop. (Actually, that's unfair - there is a class thing that I've not gone to yet that might be interesting, although the topics haven't appealed on sight so far.)

(who incredibly can talk to our compscis on par at C/C++)
    Depressingly, this is far more common than the reverse. :o:

We are planning to invite guest speakers from next term onwards, hold more general meets (where syntax and semantics will be fought over, ho ho ho :rolleyes: ) and apply for college funding now we have a committee (so we can have free food and drink at Emma's expense )
    Sounds sweet - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I might come along, if that would be alright and nobody would mind? You seem to be covering really interesting stuff, and nobody here seems to want to talk shop.
    Yes we want to bolster our numbers! The more the merrier since it means we have more weight in funding applications and speaker invitations and stuff.

The only other college that has a computing society that I know of is Churchill (although Trinity might have one, they have a society for everything :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:

Real-life ":awesome:"?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    Woah. How'd it get so late? I'm still having my tea!

(Original post by rosie9391)
    Hello
    :hello: Feeling better today?

ReputationRep:
    Woah. How'd it get so late? I'm still having my tea!
    I know!! I got up late today, so half the day was already gone..:sigh:

:hello: Feeling better today?
    Yip, Thanks! Got an essay back so I'm rather pleased with the mark and have been doing some Paleontology work and looking at carbonate features (foraminifera :love:). I also learnt that me and hair dye don't mix! :o:

How are you? Been up to much today?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.