Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    iOS 7 is horrible. Regret downloading it. Fml.
    It's ok but the icons are absolutely horrible. Other than that, pretty happy with the update.

ReputationRep:
    I like iOS7 but I guess I'm a massive apple fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Screw Apple. I'm moving to Android as soon as I can.

ReputationRep:
    So many exam questions I have to answer this weekend

ReputationRep:
    Getting ridiculous amounts of homework and then I am expected to do 2 hours of extra reading on top of that, not liking this at all...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A wild Kitty appears!

So many new people, don't eat me please :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittaaaaay)
    A wild Kitty appears!

Kit^2a^5y nice to see you again x

ReputationRep:
    A wild Kitty appears!

Grilled Kitty :yucky: You're not actually in Thailand are you?

ReputationRep:
    A wild Kitty appears!

:teeth: I'm cool enough to have your number anyway :smug:

(Original post by Glitch96)
    Grilled Kitty :yucky: You're not actually in Thailand are you?
    No, she pretends for the fun of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmorga1)
    Getting ridiculous amounts of homework and then I am expected to do 2 hours of extra reading on top of that, not liking this at all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know. There literally aren't enough hours in the day to get everything school wants you to do done and still have time to relax or have a social life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    I know. There literally aren't enough hours in the day to get everything school wants you to do done and still have time to relax or have a social life.
    This is exactly how I feel right now. Especially if one has to work at the weekends like I do, which means that I only have a few hours each on Saturday and Sunday. I have two assessments coming up this week, and I have to obtain a minimum of 80% in my Maths assessment in order to stay on the course. Gulp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    My homework is to write reasons why it is bad to base who gets health care depending on how severe an illness is.

Thing is, I think it's a good thing so can anybody help me with a few ideas? :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to butt in
    But you could argue is it better to spend a lot of limited resources on improving someones quality of life a little bit when they have a terminal illness so are going to die anyway or spend those resources on someone who is really ill but will ultimately get better and it would increase thier quality of life a lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    I'm beginning to realise just how much work I'm going to have to continually put into my subjects, and why people grimace when I tell them I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. All I've done since starting college is eat, sleep, study and study; and I'm still falling behind. :confused:
    I know exactly what you mean - I'm putting the same amount of effort as I put in over GCSE study leave, but this is going to be all year round! I dread to think what study leave is going to be like this year...

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, including the old crew who know me as that lonely candle Update because of so much worrrrrrrrrrk: Chemistry: One good teacher. One bad teacher. Good teacher teaches me stuff that is based from what I already know from GCSE. Bad teacher teaches stuff that it completely new. IF ANYONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY CHROMIUM AND COPPER DO NOT FIT THE TABLE OF ELECTRONIC CONFIGURATION I WILL BE GRATEFUL. ahem. Biology: Got to see a sheep's lungs blow up like balloons to day :ahee: Going alright. Maths: Probably the best so far :ahee::eek: English Lit: They said to us if you get an A* at GCSE expect C/D for now.....we did an A-level exam question...got an A at GCSE so wasn't expecting much, I got A/B! So happy! Hope everything's going alright for you guys, Dreamer x :work:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Maths: :sexface:
    Computer Science: :perv:
    Economics: (mainly to do with how quiet our class is)
    Further Maths: :banghead:

No idea why I'm finding the first few parts of Maths extremely easy and the first few parts of FM a lot harder (hate Mechanics with a passion now ). :facepalm:

QFA
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    QFA
    Welcome back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Maths: :sexface:
    Computer Science: :perv:
    Economics: (mainly to do with how quiet our class is)
    Further Maths: :banghead:

No idea why I'm finding the first few parts of Maths extremely easy and the first few parts of FM a lot harder (hate Mechanics with a passion now ). :facepalm:

Welcome back!
    Thanks! How have you been?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks! How have you been?
    Been alright thanks. You?

ReputationRep:
    Been alright thanks. You?
    Yeah it's been alright; the legend of hard work at A-level that had GCSE students quivering in their pyjamas never actually hit home until I actually started receiving the immense amount of work. -_-
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah it's been alright; the legend of hard work at A-level that had GCSE students quivering in their pyjamas never actually hit home until I actually started receiving the immense amount of work. -_-
    Workload is fine here but we have about 8x the amount of homework we used to (4 hours per week vs 1/2 hour per week makes that sound really drastic xD). But we have a ton of frees to do them in.

I think I made a mistake doing Econ now. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Workload is fine here but we have about 8x the amount of homework we used to (4 hours per week vs 1/2 hour per week makes that sound really drastic xD). But we have a ton of frees to do them in.

I think I made a mistake doing Econ now. :facepalm:
    Lol yh it does sound dramatic :eek: I have 6 frees in a fortnight; about six hours. Lol me and my friends thought it was gonna be relaxing and all that jazz but nup. Oh why? One of my friends has switched from Lit to Econ!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.