Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zizi11)
    That's good for you. If you don't agree with me that's fine. But I'm tired of being racially abused by cadaan people. So let me vent yeah?
    what uni do you go to? unacceptable, do you have tutors u could talk to about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundWoodstock)
    Good thanks, I'm still berating the muslim community as ever :lol:

How are you?
    hey how comes ur on the somali thread lool

ReputationRep:
    From my understanding Siad Barre during the early years of his rule was effective he increased the literacy rate , improve the Somali Army however during the later part of his regime he lost the war with Ethipoia become more authoritan ans locked multiple religous leaders.
    This idea that Somalia would be united and prosperous under Siad Barre had he not been overthrown is just not true . Some on this forum need to understand he lost popular support especially after bombing Hargyisea in his attempt to kill the dissidents and has lead to creating the monstrosity that is Somaliland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pure class)
    From my understanding Siad Barre during the early years of his rule was effective he increased the literacy rate , improve the Somali Army however during the later part of his regime he lost the war with Ethipoia become more authoritan ans locked multiple religous leaders.
    This idea that Somalia would be united and prosperous under Siad Barre had he not been overthrown is just not true . Some on this forum need to understand he lost popular support especially after bombing Hargyisea in his attempt to kill the dissidents and has lead to creating the monstrosity that is Somaliland.

Would you say then that if the war with Ethiopia hadn't taken place, that things might have turned out better for Somalia under Siad Barre's reign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Would you say then that if the war with Ethiopia hadn't taken place, that things might have turned out better for Somalia under Siad Barre's reign?

I am a chicken
    Decided to check this thread out and I find you here never knew you were Somali well hello there fellow Somali

And hello other fellow Somalians

this may not be even correct pure recall from a discussion I had with my dad not familiar with politics

From what I think and understood his tribe started misusing the power system educated peeps with high statuary were losing their jobs to people who couldn't read and write because these peeps were from the same tribes as him this then lead to people obviously starting talking against him and stuff
    If I am wrong I am sorry I shouldn't have really answered lol should stick to what I am best which I am not too sure about

ReputationRep:
    But he did do a lot for the country before that.
    Btw if no make sense sorry I did try.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys fellow somali here. barasho wanaagsan ii warama

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse girl)
    Decided to check this thread out and I find you here never knew you were Somali well hello there fellow Somali
    How did you not know? I thought you already knew >_>

this may not be even correct pure recall from a discussion I had with my dad not familiar with politics

From what I think and understood his tribe started misusing the power system educated peeps with high statuary were losing their jobs to people who couldn't read and write because these peeps were from the same tribes as him this then lead to people obviously starting talking against him and stuff
    If I am wrong I am sorry I shouldn't have really answered lol
    I see. It would seem that he claimed that he wanted to end tribalism but failed to do so and in fact only added to the problem.

should stick to what I am best which I am not too sure about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    what uni do you go to? unacceptable, do you have tutors u could talk to about this?
    I go to Hull and sadly nothing has really been done about it. But I only have one year left and I can move to another place so I'm literally counting down the days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geronimo!)
    Hey guys fellow somali here. barasho wanaagsan ii warama
    Maali wanaagsan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ad109)
    Maali wanaagsan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good day to you too. Hope everyone is having a nice ramadan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geronimo!)
    Good day to you too. Hope everyone is having a nice ramadan
    Haha is that what it means? No way lmao I always use it in the Somali shops. You too brother

ReputationRep:
    S'uppp my somali bredren

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarah01)
    S'uppp my somali bredren

Posted from TSR Mobile
    where you frm? is that you in ur pic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    where you frm? is that you in ur pic?
    The paksoc, but i used to chill on here too cos i love me some somalis innit. Ouiii

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The paksoc, but i used to chill on here too cos i love me some somalis innit. Ouiii

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what's your number?

ReputationRep:
    what's your number?
    Chilll homiee, your probs too young for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chilll homiee, your probs too young for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    we'll soon find out, how old are u?

ReputationRep:
    we'll soon find out, how old are u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****t status, that's fune by me babe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.