Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetraynor)
    Thank you.
    I just received an email from Brasenose, a rejection, unfortunately. The email just said that it was due to competition, and didn't specify if it was my grades, LNAT or personal statement that let me down. Does 'competition' count as the 'justification of reason not to interview', or should I have been told a specific reason why my application was unsuccessful?

Thanks
    Would you mind me asking what your grades were and what did the subject of the email state? Thank you and I'm sure there's other great unit you applied to that will see your potential

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Would you mind me asking what your grades were and what did the subject of the email state? Thank you and I'm sure there's other great unit you applied to that will see your potential
    My grades were below Oxford standards anyway, so it was always unlikely! I got 4A*, 5A, 2B at GCSE and AABB at AS, and I applied to Law at Brasenose.

It said:
    You will be aware that Oxford receives many thousands more applications than there are places available. Unfortunately, in view of the overall competition for places this year, and after consultation with other colleges, it has been decided not to call you for interview. In the light of this decision I am sorry to have to tell you that Brasenose and the other colleges are unable to proceed further with your application.

Thank you! I've had offers from Kent, Reading and Exeter already so I'm not too devastated ahah

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for law with french law at St Catz

(Original post by theycallmeeli)
      Has anyone heard from Queens yet? Or Modern Languages? I think Cambridge are in the process of giving them out (few friends got some) so I just really want to know so I can stop stressing!
      I haven't heard of any interviews for modern languages yet but I'm stressing so much too! I guess they might take a bit longer because they have to mark our MLATs and look at written work, but still! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thehollowcrown)
      sme bebz
      cant wait to die less than a week woo
      Hey, have you heard anything from Brasenose?

ReputationRep:
      I got an interview for Classics II at Corpus Christi!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cakeislife)
      I haven't heard of any interviews for modern languages yet but I'm stressing so much too! I guess they might take a bit longer because they have to mark our MLATs and look at written work, but still! What are you applying for?
      Ahh good, I did think that they had quite a lot to look at with regards to tests and written work. I'm applying for French and Linguistics at Queen's - what about you?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by connieiscrazy)
      Anyone heard anything from Balliol for Law yet?
      Haven't heard of anyone receiving offers for Balliol for Law yet, not sure If I've commented on your post already but I've also applied for Law at Balliol. Hey

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by anelisesg)
      I got an interview for law with french law at St Catz
      Wow well done! Still waiting for my decision on straight law at Univ...

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone heard anything from New College/law at New?

ReputationRep:
      I got invited for a Law interview at Magdalen !!!!!!!!! (about half an hour ago )

ReputationRep:
      Just got an interview for Law at St Catz!

ReputationRep:
      Quite a few law interviews/rejections seem to be coming atm, hopefully Keble will send theirs soon

ReputationRep:
      Got an interview for Law also, at Brasenose! Has anyone else?

ReputationRep:
      Just got an interview invitation for Law with French Law!!!
      Had originally applied to Magdalen, but I just got an email saying Lady Margaret Hall rather than Magdalen would interview me.
      Overjoyed about this, best of luck to all of you!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by applying2skool)
      Had originally applied to Magdalen, but I just got an email saying Lady Margaret Hall rather than Magdalen would interview me.
      LMH is gorgeous! Congratulations on your interview and good luck!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by applying2skool)
      I GOT ONE AS WELL (it's me again)
      LMH has magnificent gardens you'll see ( I went there for a summer camp )

ReputationRep:
      I also got an interview for Law at Hertford today

(Original post by theycallmeeli)
        Ahh good, I did think that they had quite a lot to look at with regards to tests and written work. I'm applying for French and Linguistics at Queen's - what about you?
        French at new college, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get an interview though

ReputationRep:
        still waiting for my rejection

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.