Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I forgot Podolski even existed, is he still injured?

I KNOW, him and Cazorla play way too close to the opposition and then act surprised when they get dispossessed.
    Prince Poldi wasn't at today games despite being fit. On his way to Juve I guess. Real shame but at 29 he's not longer a top level player. Anything over £10M and we've done well. I'm probably one of Poldi's biggest fans btw
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Prince Poldi wasn't at today games despite being fit. On his way to Juve I guess. Real shame but at 29 he's not longer a top level player. Anything over £10M and we've done well. I'm probably one of Poldi's biggest fans btw
    He is probably our most clinical finisher, he always gets at least a few goals for us. Shame to see him go if he does, but as you said, he isn't getting any younger and we need to get someone better.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I forgot Podolski even existed, is he still injured?

I KNOW, him and Cazorla play way too close to the opposition and then act surprised when they get dispossessed.
    What? Was Poldi even injured before? What'd you mean 'still' ffs lol.

Feel your pain brah. Wilsh needs to improve asap ngl, Cazorla I can forgive because he's scored some important goals lately but really. Smh.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    What? Was Poldi even injured before? What'd you mean 'still' ffs lol.

Feel your pain brah. Wilsh needs to improve asap ngl, Cazorla I can forgive because he's scored some important goals lately but really. Smh.
    He has been injured for ages. Was out at the end of our season, came back for like 10 minutes of the World Cup, then sat out the rest of it.

I'll be honest, I don't actually know how good Wilshere is. Everyone talks about the Barca game a few years back, but that is the only game they talk about, so maybe it was a fluke and he actually isn't as good as everyone thinks? Cazorla has been important for us and provided creative flair last season, even if he didn't score many (he did score in the FA Cup final and the Community shield so that's ok). Wilshere is unlucky with some injuries but he is quickly becoming a liability.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted if Podolski goes, but unfortunately he doesn't really have a place in the squad. Still our best finisher along with Walcott and probably the best left foot in the prem bar RVP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Gutted if Podolski goes, but unfortunately he doesn't really have a place in the squad. Still our best finisher along with Walcott and probably the best left foot in the prem bar RVP
    Is Sturridge left footed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    podolski better left foot than sturridge?

lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)

lol.
    My comment doesn't warrant a condescending 'lol'. It's genuinely debatable tbh. If anything Podolski is deffo better at power and long range shots, and his conversion rate is also amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Haven't looked, but I'll assume it's Butters and General Disarray.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

lol.
    Possibly yes. Remember we are discussing purely their left-footed ability, and not any other attributes.

ReputationRep:
    My comment doesn't warrant a condescending 'lol'. It's genuinely debatable tbh. If anything Podolski is deffo better at power and long range shots, and his conversion rate is also amazing.

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.
    Tbh Luke Poldi has a better left foot than Sturridge it's an absolute hammer, no contest as to whom I'd rather have in my team though, Poldi is inconsistent as hell.

ReputationRep:
    Shame Podolski is never in a position to use his legendary left foot as he is too slow.

ReputationRep:
    Poldi has the best left foot in the league tbh.

Sturridge is obviously a more complete package. Works harder, better dribbler, can find space better etc but Podolski is the better finisher on the left foot. Better than RVP tbh.

Dw Sturridge will improve his finishing though, he can provide good finishes but there is more to come from Daniel Sturridge. Favourite player to watch in the prem(after Hazard and prince Fabregas)

ReputationRep:
    Would bet money there won't be another lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Would bet money there won't be another lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    lol

DAS not Di point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    DAS not Di point

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know di point.

ReputationRep:
    This time last year we took 3 points from two games & then when Ozil was bought.. I lifted the team in so many ways and we became so much better.

With the return of Walcott and a possible two more signings (I do think it'll happen), our team will look completely different and will improve on so many levels. I just hope the right signings are made. Walcott should be back apparently right? He should be available for the City game at least? They were saying end of August wernt they?

ReputationRep:
    He has been injured for ages. Was out at the end of our season, came back for like 10 minutes of the World Cup, then sat out the rest of it.

I'll be honest, I don't actually know how good Wilshere is. Everyone talks about the Barca game a few years back, but that is the only game they talk about, so maybe it was a fluke and he actually isn't as good as everyone thinks? Cazorla has been important for us and provided creative flair last season, even if he didn't score many (he did score in the FA Cup final and the Community shield so that's ok). Wilshere is unlucky with some injuries but he is quickly becoming a liability.
    No that whole season he was terrific. The reason why we talk about that game is because he bossed a midfield that consisted of Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Xavi, Iniesta & Messi.. And was only 19! So it was a stand out game so to speak that really highlights his potential.

His injury problems really effd his form up, and still he hasn't been able to rediscover that form. Back then he was under the influence of Cesc too, and I remember in an interview, Jack said how Cesc had been the most important player that had been around him (something along those lines) because he learnt a lot from him.

Jack has way too much expectation and not reaching means "he's ****" apparently. If we take away the expectation and just observe his previous two/three games, he's actually not been bad. Above average - not great obv but not bad either.

To be fair though, time isn't slowing down and he does need to rediscover his form ASAP otherwise he'll just be another "if" player

But just remember, Ramsey's jump from an average player to what he is now just took a a few consistent performances with a few goals & that good form just remained & got better and better and better. I remember right at the end of the 12-13 season, where a lot of the armchair lot called Ramsey "deadwood" he started getting a lot of goals & assists.. But no one gave a ****. Then he took that form into the 13-14 season and got a few goals at the start and it still wasn't good enough.. And then when he just carried on scoring that's when people were like.. DAAAMN :O

All Jack needs is a good run of games, where he absolutely kills it - and when his form is consistent he'll begin to live up to his potential too

I do rate him highly tho

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.